Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-29-2006, 08:10 AM   #1
lilmama2dsndd
Boobies Broke? Gorilla Glue Em!!!
seller

My Mood:
Daycare & BFing Rant *UPDATED*

I am sooo MAD

I just got in to work after having a meeting with my DC's DCP's director. They are going to start transitioning Alice (15 months) into the toddler room on Monday. No big deal, makes me kid of sad to see her grow up so fast but I knew it was coming.

What I wasn't expecting is that she told me that there is no way Alice can continue to receive breastmilk in the toddler room, that she will have to have whole milk, soy milk or lacto free milk I mean she is MY CHILD! Who are they to decide when she starts receiving cow's milk?!?!?!!!! The reason stated to me was because they do not have a refridgerator in the toddler room to store the breastmilk. But yet they have a kitchen with a refridgerator and they have to bring the jugs of cow's milk to the toddler room at breakfast & lunch anyway, why can't they just keep her breastmilk there and grab her cup when they grab the toddler jogs of milk?!?!?! I already called the corporate office and am waiting for the regional manager over this particular school to call me back. But I am sooo MAD I can't stop thinking about it, and the more I think about it, the madder I get. If they don't fix this before she transitions on Monday I am probably going to quit my job. I AM NOT GOING TO ALLOW THEM TO DECIDE WHEN MY DD STARTS COWS MILK. That is MY decision to make, not theirs to FORCE upon me!!!!!

***UPDATE***
I just got off the phone with the reginal manager. He said there is no reason why DD's BM cups couldn't be stored in the kitchen's fridge with the other milk and brought to her with her meals just like all the other milk for the other kids. He had already called the director to find out what was going on and was going to call her again after we finished speaking to make sure she understood that DD was in no way to get cow or soy milk until I gave written consent and that any breach of this could be grounds for a lawsuit on my part for them not following my nutritional requests (basically like giving a kid who was allergic to fish a fishstick knowing full well that they were allergic). The teachers have no problem with it, I am not sure what the directors deal was but I am more than positive my wishes will be followed.

Advertisement

Last edited by lilmama2dsndd; 11-29-2006 at 02:09 PM.
lilmama2dsndd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:15 AM   #2
MamaMel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Daycare & BFing Rant

that is redicioulus! Your right You DECIDE when y our DD starts cows milk. I would stand my ground on something like this.
MamaMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:25 AM   #3
havanadaydreamin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would call your pediatrician and have them write a note saying that she is to have only breastmilk or water/juice. No cow's milk or anything else.

Honestly, I just had the pediatrician write that DD could only have water at daycare since I provided all the milk she needed at home from me...They didn't have a problem with that.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:34 AM   #4
3girlymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That is just crazy!

And, my personal feelings, I'm not sure I'd trust them anymore. Who's to say that they will actually continue giving her the breastmilk you provide? Perhaps if you have them heat it or something it may be too much for them to handle dealing with active toddlers...and it's just easier to pour her milk from a jug along with everyone else's.

I'm pretty stubborn and anal...I'd file a complaint against the daycare (probably even do it with the BBB), and pull my child out. But again, I'm anal that way. If they agree and there's not a fight to continue the breastmilk, I'd see how it goes. But if there is any kind of guff or attitude from them, I definitely would not continue to leave my child with them. I wouldn't trust them.

How do they know your dc won't react to cow's milk...soy milk...etc. And actually, soy is horrible for children. It depletes minerals from their body and they can't replace them. There are tons of health articles on not giving soy to children...but that's a whole different story!
3girlymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 12:16 PM   #5
KnottyLDSMama
Peachy with a side of keen, that would be me
Formerly: Moonprysm
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh man. I would have a cow. No way. UGH. I hope you get a resolution mama!!!
KnottyLDSMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 12:44 PM   #6
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would be pissed too! Stick to your guns!

DOULA in training!

HCG Diet works! Ask me how.
greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 12:52 PM   #7
Jessica
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That is crazy!!
Your doing the right thing momma Noone has the right to tell you what you can give your child period. I wish child care orginizations would educate them selves more.. ignorance and laziness is not an excuse.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:08 PM   #8
hauser
Registered Users
seller

I am not trying to justify what they are doing, because it is wrong and they should work with you....

but, I don't think they can store BM and regular food in the same fridge. Well, at least not in some states. I don't know if it is that way for yours. If not, then I think they HAVE to accomidate you in some other way. Like for instance keeping the BM in another classrooms milk fridge and going to get it out of there during lunch/snack whatever. They did that for mamas when I worked daycare. It was no big deal!
Old 11-29-2006, 01:59 PM   #9
Lucky Child
AKA The Evil Twin
Formerly: rrandle
seller

My Mood:

all I can say is wow.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:03 PM   #10
lilmama2dsndd
Boobies Broke? Gorilla Glue Em!!!
seller