Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-19-2009, 07:21 AM   #11
mamazluv
You know you want this.........
seller

My Mood:
Re: B2B - Back to Basics Snowy Thursday

mind if i multiquote to last night?

Advertisement

Old 02-19-2009, 07:26 AM   #12
Macyllehub
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

*ahhhhh* coffee.

Good morning everyone. Last night I was up forever, stripping 1/2 of my diapers. I bit the bullet and bought Tide FREE powder, as recommended by a few people. We boiled the diapers then washed in Tide and rinsed like mad. for me that this is the answer.

I completely had to frog a leg on these longies because the color was swirling the wrong way and I didnt notice it at all until I was DONE. :headbang: So I'm working on those again today.

WOTB - Auroras still asleep, and because I was stripping last night, she wore 2 flats and a mf towel doubler to sleep with a wool cover.

WOTA -
Teen to conseling
Walgreens
Mop Floors
Finish the longies the RIGHT way
Possibly strip other 1/2 of diapers
Read 2 chapters, do appropriate worksheets
Call a few people. must do. no excuses.
TAXES. I have so much to do before I see my CPA monday. AHHH

I have no advice with traveling, I dont travel other than several times a year to Seattle (where we're from).

I didnt get a chance to catch up yesterday, so I wanted to send my to mommyscott. I have battled serious depression, and my 'rs are with you.
Expecting someone small Sept 2014
Macyllehub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:31 AM   #13
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by beck2boys1girl View Post
Okay I need to get a lot done today.....gonna post my list as it keeps me from mindlessly sitting here all day

go to mcdonalds for breakfast-hubbies treat
pick up a few grocersies at walmart
finsh up the 3 newborns that I started
cut out 4 diaepr order
snap them
sew them
2 pieces of mending (payin job)
cut out covers and more mama pads and family cloth
snap covers
sew twirl skirt
quilt top with ribbons
curtains for dd
clean at moms
ebay pics & listings
laudary
pay invoices
file coupons
order snaps

See why I need to stay on task today?
busy! Do you have a boy or a girl? I can find recieving blankets here at goodwill (almost only girl ones) for usually 50 cents - if you'd want me to look when i go

hmmmm I dont really have anything I HAVE to do today - the boys are being so nice this morning - maybe they are recovered from my mom's visit last weekend.

Things i'd like to see get done:
-Kitchen mopped
-minor grocery run
-fix up another pair of maternity pants
-take pics and list the last 3-4 bras that dont fit as well as the maternity clothes that as well that dont fit
-list baby carriers on ebay
- practice crochet
- do workout video durning nap
-walk with the boys this afternoon

So yesterday I posted about my crazy pregnancy gains - it happend again last night - two lbs more today - yesterday grapenuts for breakfast, grilled chicken, salad and 1/2 c of pasta with broccoli for lunch, and with the kids I had a little gummies package for dessert (has 80 cal) toast with peanut butter and yogurt for snack, 5-10 nuts while cooking dinner, enchildadas with black beans, corn, spinach, taco seasoning, green onion , 1/2 c fat free sour cream, 1/2 c pepper jack and cilantro in tortillas (the smallest sized ones) - it made under enchilada sauce - it made 14 and I had three of them with some homemade tomatilla salsa and a couple heaping teaspoons of reduced fat sourcream - oh there were also tomatoes on the top and another 1/4 c of sprinkled white cheeses - okay for dessert though I had a chocolate zone bar - they are 190 calories and but chocolately - oh and a samoa cookie too with the boys ..... okay so other than the desserts thats not tons of food for being pregnant right?
I mean I am trying to figure out if I am really gaining weight or if I should be concerned that I am retaining considerable amounts of water

here is my weight gain record:
at 10 weeks up 3-4 lbs
at 14 weeks down 2-3lbs from 10 weeks but up 1 from start
at 20 weeks up 2 lbs from start
at 22 weeks up 10lbs from 20 weeks, gainned overnight 3lbs, 4lbs, 1lb, 2lbs - not days in a row except that last two

I'm not really noticing that I'm swollen, my rings are tighter btu not impossible to remove my any means though they are loose typically and my ankles look okay - i measured my fundus and its right on, my rib cage hasnt really changed measurements nor my hips just my mid section which of course makes sense.

I dont know Im both worried Im gainning too much and too little

I should be posting this in the pregnancy forum instead huh
Old 02-19-2009, 07:37 AM   #14
melissamomof3girls
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaileysMommy View Post
Good morning. I'm new to b2b. I don't really have any traveling advice for you, sorry. My LO is only...11 weeks today and we haven't traveled yet. Hope you are able to travel and it not put a lot of stress on you and the LO. On another note I was at the po yesterday..I seem to practically live there now that I am selling off what doesn't work for us lol..and I was sending something to Canada so I filled out a customs form and the lady was like "I'm just not brave enough to try cloth" and of course I start going on and on about how its much more than prefolds and pins (even though for some of us thats our dipe of choice ). I even gave her the ds website and told her to google cloth dipes and really research it. She said she was due in Aug. It felt so good to "witness" to someone about cding! Maybe I converted her! lol
Fun! I got to try to convert a few people too and I've met a few from my homeschool co-op group who cd. It's fun to talk to people irl about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maman08 View Post
It's snowing here, at least. Off and on all day, but it doesn't look like there's been a ton of accumulation. I hope it doesn't screw up flights tomorrow -- my mom is flying in for two weeks!

Looks as though I missed some fun stuff yesterday...DH took the day off at my request so I wasn't online. I just wanted us to have a day for the three of us before my mom got here and then his parents got here, esp since he was gone for this past weekend. Today I'm battling yet another plugged duct, which has me feeling sluggish and irritable in addition to in pain. Days like this are when I hope DS wants to wean shortly after 12 months, although I don't think he probably will and I know if he does I'll be sad. I'm just cranky about getting these painful plugged ducts what seems like every other week, especially now that DS only nurses like 4x a day. The last one took three and a half days to clear up. I'm taking soy lecithin, drinking lots of water, and hand expressing after every time he nurses, so hopefully it'll clear up sooner rather than later.

People who have travelled internationally (or long distances) with infants, can I ask for some advice? DH has been asked to travel for work for 30 days (basically the month of April)...if he says yes, I would get to go home for the month, but then would come back here for May and half of June since my sister and her hubby are coming here for like three weeks, and then turn around and go back to the States again from mid-June to early August. Is that going to be more of a headache than it's worth with the time changes and everything? I just finally got him sleeping through the night again, and I don't want to regress to waking up all the time, but it would be fun to go home...I don't know. Comments/suggestions?
Sorry mama. I have no advice on the travel. But I'm curious where you are from that you'd be visiting? I might be tempted to do it just to have a month with my family!!!

DH is working at home. He's out snowblowing the driveway right now so my mom can get in. I have a chiropractor's appt then I'm going to pick up dd1's birthday cake & a few groceries.

dd3 is definitely feeling a little better today. Fever is completely gone but her cough is so terrible. Between her and dd1 I was up almost all night and have been all week. I'm feeling

dd1 is 6 today! but too sick to be happy about it. I don't even know if she'll eat any cake. She's just a noodle on the couch.

Alright. I forget who said it was 70 degrees there today but can you send some my way

Later
Old 02-19-2009, 07:51 AM   #15
mamazluv
You know you want this.........
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyScott View Post
just so I know I'm not alone - let's have a show of hands, who on here sufferes from depression and anxiety? I just need to remind myself that I'm not the only person who experiences this...
i am nutty as a loon... i take two seperate meds for depression. they say im unipolor. that means i have the crappiest part of bipolar. while i have the same extreme depression, i dont have the highs of mania.
Quote:
Originally Posted by princemelissas View Post
You're right it's Bigby I still haven't gotten used to it

SS if I offended someone, not intentional
not offended. i think its hilarious that they changed it and why i can think of restaurants with white trash terms in it.... enough said... *ahem* cracker barrel... i love that place, awesome bread pudding
Quote:
Originally Posted by monicadd View Post
I was told to join in here. Im new and i know NOBODY!! Hoping to make some friends.
welcome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyScott View Post
I'm on zoloft right now, I'm thinking a change of meds might be in order - I am breastfeeding thought so I don't know how that will limit my options
i took celexa the whole pg w #4. my ob said effexor would be tolerated as well, although maybe not desirable. i think that they have to decide which poses a greater risk.... you not being the best mom/bonding issues or meds. that being said my dr only specified lithium as a no no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maman08 View Post
Is that going to be more of a headache than it's worth with the time changes and everything? I just finally got him sleeping through the night again, and I don't want to regress to waking up all the time, but it would be fun to go home...I don't know. Comments/suggestions?
we have only had a hour time change, but we have had dd in a carseat extended times. when she was 6mo, we did an 8 hr car trip. and then at 9mo we drove to flordia. that is a 20hr dr. we broke it down into 2days. we brought lots of toys and snacks. it can be a challenge, but personally i think its worth it. but yes, you will probably have sleep issues.

for you ladies dealing with mental health issues.....
i am an advocate for meds. if they are needed, they can be lifechanging. there is no shame in it either. I have medical problems that have to be balanced by using medication. the same as if i had a heart problem. i think its just the stigma attached to it. i took antidepressants the entire pg and nursing w #4. i had taken some time off meds prior to #3, and the pp was horrible. every day, sometimes all day, i would come up with ways to kill myself. and devise ways that ppl might not know it was intentional. i have come to accept that i will be on meds the rest of my life. but if that makes me a more contented person who wants to live, bring on the pills.

having said that, i have a busy day, i have to go see my shrink for meds management.

if anyone wants to talk privately, pm me.

oh yeah, when i get home i will cook those steaks and take my turn on the bull.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY REBECCA!!!!!
Old 02-19-2009, 07:54 AM   #16
Macyllehub
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by negrapy View Post
busy! Do you have a boy or a girl? I can find recieving blankets here at goodwill (almost only girl ones) for usually 50 cents - if you'd want me to look when i go

hmmmm I dont really have anything I HAVE to do today - the boys are being so nice this morning - maybe they are recovered from my mom's visit last weekend.

Things i'd like to see get done:
-Kitchen mopped
-minor grocery run
-fix up another pair of maternity pants
-take pics and list the last 3-4 bras that dont fit as well as the maternity clothes that as well that dont fit
-list baby carriers on ebay
- practice crochet
- do workout video durning nap
-walk with the boys this afternoon

So yesterday I posted about my crazy pregnancy gains - it happend again last night - two lbs more today - yesterday grapenuts for breakfast, grilled chicken, salad and 1/2 c of pasta with broccoli for lunch, and with the kids I had a little gummies package for dessert (has 80 cal) toast with peanut butter and yogurt for snack, 5-10 nuts while cooking dinner, enchildadas with black beans, corn, spinach, taco seasoning, green onion , 1/2 c fat free sour cream, 1/2 c pepper jack and cilantro in tortillas (the smallest sized ones) - it made under enchilada sauce - it made 14 and I had three of them with some homemade tomatilla salsa and a couple heaping teaspoons of reduced fat sourcream - oh there were also tomatoes on the top and another 1/4 c of sprinkled white cheeses - okay for dessert though I had a chocolate zone bar - they are 190 calories and but chocolately - oh and a samoa cookie too with the boys ..... okay so other than the desserts thats not tons of food for being pregnant right?
I mean I am trying to figure out if I am really gaining weight or if I should be concerned that I am retaining considerable amounts of water

here is my weight gain record:
at 10 weeks up 3-4 lbs
at 14 weeks down 2-3lbs from 10 weeks but up 1 from start
at 20 weeks up 2 lbs from start
at 22 weeks up 10lbs from 20 weeks, gainned overnight 3lbs, 4lbs, 1lb, 2lbs - not days in a row except that last two

I'm not really noticing that I'm swollen, my rings are tighter btu not impossible to remove my any means though they are loose typically and my ankles look okay - i measured my fundus and its right on, my rib cage hasnt really changed measurements nor my hips just my mid section which of course makes sense.

I dont know Im both worried Im gainning too much and too little

I should be posting this in the pregnancy forum instead huh

If you were a client of mine I would say this....

It is absolutely normal to worry about weight. Typically speaking you want to gain from 15-30 lbs depending on your body size. Instead of thinking about weight, think about VALUE of the food that is input into your body. If you kept your calories in check, but only ate mcdonalds, I'd worry

Your diet sounds great. Dont worry about having that dessert, or eating when your hungry. Don't deny yourself, but dont eat like its your last meal always either. Just general rule of thumb.

Also, If you have concerns about water retention, always check with your health care provider. But - my advice as a doula, DONT WEIGH DAILY!!!!!!!!!! You should be weighing weekly at most. Your not seeing a physician daily are you? If not, than those 2 lb gains in a day can easily be attributed to bowel build up which is more common in pregnancy. Think about your bowel movements, if your having constipation or diarreah at all, this can greatly affect how your weight can and will vary. Its common, take a deep breath and relax.

I hope you can talk to your HCP & possibly a dietian (often times OBGYN offices have them, just rarely do people know that), and put your mind to rest.
Expecting someone small Sept 2014
Macyllehub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:55 AM   #17
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So today is Rebecca's birthday, right? I hope that the day is at least a little special, even if you're not going all out. I spent my last birthday travelling, and DP didn't even wish me a happy birthday until the middle of the afternoon because she had forgotten. Oops.

Geez, looking at you ladies and your full agendas makes me feel like a total slacker! I don't have much on the horizon for today except to put my sweet potato soup into the slow cooker by 11, wash a load of kitchen towels and napkins, and perhaps shovel the driveway if the sun doesn't melt yesterday's snowfall.

WOTB: GMD UB brown with a hemp doubler under fleece shorties.
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:10 AM   #18
TJR2119
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hope you have a FABULOUS day today Rebecca!!!

Last edited by TJR2119; 02-19-2009 at 08:19 AM.
TJR2119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:11 AM   #19
maman08
Registered Users
seller

I almost forgot since I only skimmed yesterday's thread, but Rebecca!!

I probably should have posted the details of what the trip would entail...DH would be gone for about 30 days, although if I tell him I really don't want him to go he could probably get out of it. If he does go, I don't want to stay here by myself with DS. We're definitely going home for about 6-7 weeks in June/July/August for our annual R&R and some training DH needs.

The trip home is a minimum of 14 hours flying time, just to the DC area. Then I'd continue on to either Richmond (2 hours by car) or Texas (5 more hours flying). The time difference is 7 hours to the East coast and 8 hours to Texas. During the 30ish days I was home, I'd have to go to Texas (my parents) and Virginia (DH's family) at a minimum, possibly also to Georgia to see my dad's extended family, who have never met DS. So it would be a lot of travelling no matter what, probably not spending more than 10ish days in the same place. DS does fine with flying (based on our trip to Italy over New Year's, which admittedly is only like 4 hours of flight time), but not so great with sleeping in strange places.

So generally the trip would probably look like this:
1 April: leave Turkey, fly to Texas
14 April: fly from Texas to Georgia
17 April: fly from Georgia to Virginia
1-2 May: fly from DC to Turkey
12 June: Turkey back to DC

DS isn't walking yet, and slept okay on me on the plane when we travelled last month, I'm more worried about how the time change and jet lag and strange places are going to affect him, and if that's a bad idea to do a 7-8 hour time change three times in less than three months.

Jennifer, I'm sorry to hear that MH is sick, that's no fun! I'm glad you're able to be home with her, though. Sending get well quick vibes your way!

Becky, your to do list makes me want to take a nap just looking at it.

Macy, I hope the boiling and Tide helped your diapers!

Christina, to you. I haven't personally dealt with depression, but a lot of my family members have and my heart goes out to you.

maman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:16 AM   #20
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macyllehub View Post
If you were a client of mine I would say this....

It is absolutely normal to worry about weight. Typically speaking you want to gain from 15-30 lbs depending on your body size. Instead of thinking about weight, think about VALUE of the food that is input into your body. If you kept your calories in check, but only ate mcdonalds, I'd worry

Your diet sounds great. Dont worry about having that dessert, or eating when your hungry. Don't deny yourself, but dont eat like its your last meal always either. Just general rule of thumb.

Also, If you have concerns about water retention, always check with your health care provider. But - my advice as a doula, DONT WEIGH DAILY!!!!!!!!!! You should be weighing weekly at most. Your not seeing a physician daily are you? If not, than those 2 lb gains in a day can easily be attributed to bowel build up which is more common in pregnancy. Think about your bowel movements, if your having constipation or diarreah at all, this can greatly affect how your weight can and will vary. Its common, take a deep breath and relax.

I hope you can talk to your HCP & possibly a dietian (often times OBGYN offices have them, just rarely do people know that), and put your mind to rest.
thanks for your advice. I've been sticking to the try to eat food that is good for me and the baby and when I'm hungry - it worked fine the last two times lol. I weigh daily just so i can see the trend and so that I can see what's going on better than for example once a month at the doctors I wouldnt notice whether it was gradual or sudden - I would just see 10lbs=2 weeks - which i think they'd suggest cutting back somewhat drastically to stablize the gain rate. I'd love to talk to a medical care professional about it but i dont have one yet I'm working on it ..... though I tried to talk to the midwife I tried out a couple weeks ago about a 5 lb overnight gain and she really didnt listen at all - just looked at overall gain from my starting weight at home to her scale - completely different numbers than my concern - oh well that's one midwife eliminated - though not by any means for that alone

thanks again!