Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-19-2009, 10:29 PM   #291
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

Re: B2B - Back to Basics Snowy Thursday

And with that, I'm off to bed! G'night!

Advertisement

RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:31 PM   #292
Macyllehub
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

that would be accomplishments for me too. I'm so thankful to be a WAHM. I love the freedom to be a mommy and a busines owner
Expecting someone small Sept 2014
Macyllehub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:58 PM   #293
flobee76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just checking in!! We had our baby this morning (Thursday, 2-19)

Tessa Leigh
8 lbs. 12 oz
20 in long

birth story coming soon.
Mom to DD (5/04), DS (8/07), DD (2/09)DD (5/13), Blessing #4 in the arms of Jesus 11/2011

Jesus-follower, Traditional Foodie, Homeschooler, frugal-er
flobee76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 12:38 AM   #294
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flobee76 View Post

Tessa Leigh
8 lbs. 12 oz
20 in long

birth story coming soon.
Woohoo!!!!
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:06 AM   #295
maman08
Registered Users
seller

CONGRATULATIONS, FLO!! for a healthy mama and baby, and welcome Tessa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Travel tips with baby: http://www.picturefools.com/traveltips.txt

Didn't want to clog up the thread here.
Thank you!! DH told work that he doesn't want to travel, I guess even though I was trying to keep my reaction neutral until we talked about it and made a decision together he could tell I wasn't really too keen on the idea of making so many trips in such a short amount of time. He's sometimes better at reading me than I am at understanding myself. I've bookmarked those travel tips for our trip home this summer, though.

Love all the pics of everyone's LOs...all of you gorgeous B2B mamas have some beautiful babies and kiddos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaMeA4 View Post
dd2's fever is back - she was up and talking and ate breakfast this morning. But now she's all red cheeked and feverish again. I don't know that I'm convinced it isn't bladder related. I took her potty again (hadn't gone all morning) and we'll see if the fever breaks again. On a positive note - dh is going to be able to stay with her while I go teach tonight. And I got a call to teach an extra class - more England money!
MaMaMeA, to your dd, I hope you figure out what's going on and she feels better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macyllehub View Post
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. 3 hours, lots of pee (she's increased her nursing like crazy this week), and NO RASH. Zero. Zip. I wonder if it was just heat from the bath with the first dipe.

no rash. no spots. no crazy crying pyschosis.

Is this really my kid? AND the diaper didnt smell terrible. We'll see how this first day goes. Then 2 days. Then 3. I've been fooled into loving a detergent before......
I hope it continues to work for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2piddle View Post
ok here's a question...or a few....

how often do you wash?

about how many diapers are in each load that you do?

AND am I the only one that is still washing a ton for a baby over a year old?!!!!
I usually wash every 2 days, although I just got a new hanging wetbag and I think it only holds like 1 1/2 days worth of diapers. Probably 2 days worth for a normal wetter, but since DS is a heavy (and frequent) wetter he goes through a lot of cloth every day. I'm not sure how many are in each load...I use a doubler at every change, so for 2 days worth of laundry there's usually 4 toddler pfs, 2 hemp flats, 15 premiums (about), and 24ish doublers (premie pfs or bamboo doublers), plus wipes and fleece liners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissamomof3girls View Post
It's only 6:30 here and believe it or not, all our sickie girls are in bed already.

I got a bububebe OS today because I'm a dork and wanted to try one out. It's beautiful! But I'm not sure I like the serging around the inner thighs. It seemed to curl in when I had it on dd3 and irritate her skin. Anyone else here have one and have the same experience? I feel so bad to buy a diaper that won't work, especially one I spent $18 on. I never do that. I never spend more than $10 a diaper...and even that's rare.
I had four B4s, but sold them all because the serging around the legs bothered DS's thighs. Same with my 2 Mutts and 1 GM. Really anything with serging didn't work well for us once he started crawling, and I didn't love anything enough to hang onto it on the off chance it would work again once he started walking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaloms View Post
Hi everyone...still sick over here. I had a fever most of the day again. It seems to be gone for now. Of course now I have a headache. Ugh. Kids are still okay though...I'm hoping they don't get it.

WOTB:
#1 LL toddler small in a WCW interlock soaker
#2 nothing

WFD: I dunno...nothing has sounded good to me all day. I went grocery shopping earlier this week, but haven't cooked it since I've been sick. Maybe we'll cook something tonight.

to everyone that needs it.

Oh and we use Tide F&C liquid. It seems to work fine for us, and we have hard water. Although I think I'm using too much (up to the 1 line for a full load). We're almost out, I wonder if I should try the powder next. Hmm. Oh and most of the time I wash every night. Lately it's been every other night, sometimes even every 3 days. By then I have mountains and mountains of dipes to wash. I've had up to 3 loads when I wait 3 days to wash!
I hope you feel better soon! I've been using Tide Simple Pleasures (the waterlily/jasmine one), and it works okay but sometimes I still get a bit of ammonia. I wonder if the powder would work better. I just hate the smell of regular Tide, and they don't sell F&C powder at our commissary. I think the F&C worked pretty well as I recall, but they don't always have that one when I run out of detergent. I LOVE Simply Clean for our clothes, but I just don't think it's tough enough for DS's diapers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monicadd View Post
thank you!!!

Ugh i hate helping my kids with their homework. Its like ...dang i already went to school. LOL. And my kids have friggin projects due like every week. its so annoying.

My dd was in the er all day. her asthma flared up. i hate asthma. i have it really bad. last time i went to the er in november i had to be put on a breathing machine
sorry to hear about that, asthma is so scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
DP is putting E down for the night and she's been in with him for half an hour already. I hope it doesn't take her forever. I always feel so bad when he won't go down for the night.

WOTB: BedBug under a Babyology soaker and fleece shorties.

It was a sweet potato soup, done in the slow cooker. Sweet potatoes, onions, broth, molasses, bacon, some seasonings. And then once cooked it gets sprinkled with more bacon and some green onions. I'll definitely make it again.
That soup sounds . I have black-eyed peas and a smoked ham hock cooking in the slow cooker right now, and we'll have them with brown rice and spinach tonight once my mom gets here. I'm so excited that she'll be here for 2 weeks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethannp View Post
Levi crashed our computer beyond repair. I have no idea how, he was just pushing a bunch of buttons. But that prompted dh to redneck rig the laptop back to working, it was also broken by Levi. Now it's functional, but we can't unplug it or the little piece will fall out again and we won't be able to plug it back in again.
redneck rig... I'm going to have to use that one for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebekahG77 View Post
Okay, I've had my fill of whining little kids today... I love my sweet children so very much, but tonight once I had them down, I honestly wanted to get in a vehicle and drive far, far away. They were driving me bonkers. But.... my DS mamas and a cup of coffee should fix me right up!

I think $9-10 for plain/solid PUL, $10-12 for prints, $13-15 for embroidered, I wouldn't pay more than $8 for a used one. That's just me though! BTW, I got the cutest custom PUL cover from sunseedlings.com, by recommendation of mamazluv It'll ship tomorrow!
I hear ya, there are days I want to walk out the front door and just keep walking by the time I put DS to bed. I hope you like the sunseedlings covers, I loved them until elastic of any kind started being a problem for DS. He's gotten a little bit less sensitive to it but still can't do it for more than a couple of hours without getting really bad red marks on his legs.

maman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 05:56 AM   #296
maman08
Registered Users
seller

Link to Friday's thread: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6377272

maman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:47 AM   #297
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

Quote:

Tessa Leigh
8 lbs. 12 oz
20 in long

birth story coming soon.
All right!!! Congratulations!!
RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:52 AM   #298
slaloms
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

Tessa Leigh
8 lbs. 12 oz
20 in long

birth story coming soon.
CONGRATULATIONS!
slaloms is offline   Reply With Quote