Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-19-2009, 08:01 AM   #121
meagank24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Thursday ~ FTLOC

i worked as a sells rep/ sales clerk for cell phone companies then a telemarketer.... DH is a field engineer for a wireline company (oil and gas)

Advertisement

Old 02-19-2009, 08:01 AM   #122
AJ'sMama
Registered Users
seller

To Do List:
make bed
shower & dress
dry diapers from last night
fold/put away diapers
wash laundry
dry laundry
fold/put away laundry
put away clean dishes
wash/put away slow cooker soaking from last night
work while AJ naps
work after DH gets home
make dinner - tuna casserole?
ADDED:
cut AJ's nails
run dishwasher
unload dishwasher
dinner clean-up
get mail - hoping for some fluff!
Old 02-19-2009, 08:02 AM   #123
3LittleC's
Mommy of 3 under 3!
seller

My Mood:

If I could be anywhere right now, I'd love to be snuggled in a king size bed with DH and my 3 boys.

Full time is not for me

3LittleC's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:02 AM   #124
meagank24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ'sMama View Post
I don't think it is the soap anymore, the actual rash isn't in the diaper area, only on his torso and leg, and that soap wasn't used for clothes at all. He has no rash in his diaper area, just redness from the poo. I'm just going to keep an eye on him now and see what happens.
could it be roseola?
B had that not too long ago...
Old 02-19-2009, 08:05 AM   #125
sabrina_the_mommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i need to have J read Ali birth story. he'd get a kick out of it!

here is Sis 1 day old
Old 02-19-2009, 08:06 AM   #126
meagank24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrina_the_mommies View Post
i need to have J read Ali birth story. he'd get a kick out of it!

here is Sis 1 day old
OMG that is so cute (kind of sad) but so so cute
Old 02-19-2009, 08:06 AM   #127
AJ'sMama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by meagank24 View Post
could it be roseola?
B had that not too long ago...
Hmm, I just looked it up. The rash they are describing sounds like what he's had, but he hasn't had a fever at all. He did have a cold with respiratory symptoms last week though. Who knows! They don't mention diarrhea though and that's his only other symptom so far.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:07 AM   #128
Kristen82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmlost View Post
Just wondering.....what job did you do before kids/now and what do your DH's do?
I was a manager for a small animal vet. in MN than for an equine vet. in MD.
DH is a field service engineer (fixes/builds aseptic filling machines) for a german machine company.
I've done odds and ends lol. I was a waitress right before I got pregnant, then during kiddo's I worked at Big Logs as a cashier then the bookkeeper, and for about 8 months I was a waitress at a bar. I've been a SAHM now for about 5 years. Dh has been in the Army ever sense I was pregnant with my oldest. He's does recruiting right now which we will thankfully be done with in another year and a half!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3LittleC's View Post
Why am I posting when I said I'd be lurking???
you cant help it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3LittleC's View Post
If I could be anywhere right now, I'd love to be snuggled in a king size bed with DH and my 3 boys.

Full time is not for me

Kristen82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:07 AM   #129
ManniesMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Here's mine from my november mommy board.

He was due November 18. I had been 1cm dialated for 4 weeks and was convinced that I was going over due. My last OB appt was on Halloween and no change. I mentioned period type cramping I'd been having and she said my body was preparing itself for labor...totally normal. Over the weekend, I went grocery shopping with DH as normal (we go to 2 different stores to get good produce/meats and walmart for cheap household items) and was still having the cramping. It never occured to me to time them or that it could be contractions because they just felt like the dull aching period cramps that are just there for hours on end. So I feel pretty bad and tried to time them because I was noticing breaks between the aching. 15 min...45 min...1 hour then they stop so I figure it's nothing. Go to work Monday as normal on November 6th. Feel good until I get to work and then the period cramps start up 700am is when it starts. 10am they are still there, but it's been constant with out breaks so I decide to call the OB to ask how and the heck am I supposed to time this stuff. My OB is off that day, go figure and the nurse that handles the hotline doesn't get that there aren't starts/stops to these things. She kept telling me to time from the start of each since I can't tell when they stops. I say "look, if I did that it'd be 3 hours now because I first noticed it at 7 and it hasn't stopped!" So she talks to my OB's nurse and they say to go to L&D just to check things out and see what's going on. I'm thinking it's going to be a waste of time, I just want to know how to time things. I try to call DH and CANNOT GET HIM. I have to call the mainline at his work and know he's going to freak because they are going to page him. The first thing I tell the lady is to tell him I'm fine and not to freak him out...well, he calls back freaked out naturally. I drive to L&D, get put into an obs room and then DH gets there about 30 min later. Hey I'm a 3! Wow. But my BP is a little higher than they liked and I had something freaky going on with my reflexes (hyper something or other). Basically they'd tap my knee and I'd do a high kick and pull down on my foot and it'd pop right back up fast! I'm also regularly contracting irregularly. So I'm admitted. The whole time I'm begging DH to stop calling people telling them I'm in labor b/c I'm not and they are going to send me home any minute. He finally looks at me wierd and says, "honey, are you in denial or something?". Unfortunately I stall out at 3.5cm...they start Pitocin...it's very slow going and I elect to get an epidural at 4cm b/c I wanted no part in the pain and was scared of getting too far, they wouldn't be able to find the anesth...(not even going to try and spell it) and me missing out on the epidural. I now regret this and wish I would have waited a little but don't think it would have mattered as far as pain, but think it slowed my progress way down. Oh and the reason I couldn't time my contractions was that they were one right on top of the other and LOOOOONG. My water breaks at about 3am Tuesday November 7 during an internal check, I think I'm at 8cm at this point. I'm also starting to feel pain and get numerous epi boluses. About 5am I'm a 10cm and really hurting. Cameron was turned slightly to my right putting "pressure" on areas that aren't affected by the epidural and my body was "interpreting" this pressure as pain. It hurt, okay doc? I was the kind of lady on the movies, clutching the bedrails tossing and turning, writhing in pain and moaning "I can't do this!" We tried different positions to get him to turn, rocking on all 4's - it wasn't working. So I just had to push and push...and push and push...and push some more. After 4 hours of pushing and a 2nd degree episiotomy (this is what finally did it), Cameron came out. His cord was wrapped around his neck so DH didn't get to cut it, but they worked fast and had to suction him out to get him breathing better, but he was fine! The one request I made was no drugs that made me loopey! Well, she gave me a shot of some drug combo that just about knocked me out (plus I was tired anyway) to stich up my episiotomy. I couldn't keep my eyes open and forget holding Cameron as I'd drop him for sure. So it was a while before I could hold him but overall I had a good experience and a beautiful baby boy. My life is so happy and fulfilled with him!

Thanks for reading!
ManniesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:07 AM   #130
sabrina_the_mommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

before i was married i was a student & waiteress & nanny. haven't really worked since being married, we just celebrated our 4th? wedding anniversary (married in '05, so yeah, 4 years :slaphead: )