Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-19-2009, 05:58 AM   #41
sabrina_the_mommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Thursday ~ FTLOC

wow wee Meg. how awful!

Advertisement

Old 02-19-2009, 05:59 AM   #42
sabrina_the_mommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

omg Jesi! glad she made it out okay
Old 02-19-2009, 06:02 AM   #43
emmarleigh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3LittleC's View Post
Qotd: What's your most dramatic birth story?

Went in for an ultrasound with the twins (had had 1 each day for 5 days in a row).

They found that Caleb was not getting much through the umbilical cord and the blood flow was starting to reverse. My blood pressure was high for about 2 weeks. Told me they were going to induce me and sent me next door to the hospital - this was 10am

They took me in a room where we just sat and sat. They kept coming back and forth telling us that they were trying to find somewhere else for us to deliver because their nicu was full. There were talks about even flying us to the states. At around 7 pm they came in and told us they were keeping us there and gave me some cervidil to start the induction.

It started working right away and I went into labor on my own after that. Around 2am my water broke and it started to get really painful. I asked for an Epidural since I'd have to have one anyways and that came around 5. then I got some sleep.

DH and I were woken up by chaos in our room. All of a sudden a swarm of hospital staff including an OB rushed in our room. Caleb's heartrate had spiked to 245 BPM and wasn't coming dow. They rushed me into an operating room insanely fast and hooked me up to the moniters there - there was talk of a C section. While I laid there they stopped my Epi just in case. Caleb's heartrate went back down to normal so they held off on the C-section but they were prepped and ready just in case.
I got to just lay on the operating table and talk to DH and a nurse who told me to suck up the pain (cause they turned the epi off and she didn't believe me) she told me that woman used to give birth to twins in a field and just go on about their day as if it were nothing. I hated here LOL.

They kept coming in and checking me and finally it was time to push. My Epi was turned up to full just in case they had to do an emergency C section.
I don't remember how many pushes but at 10:24 Caleb was born. He cried when he came out but because he was so small they wrapped him up and rushed away to the next room with him. I didn't see him.

Then it was Connors turn. First of all, I was exausted and REALLY hazy from all the meds they were giving me. My contractions had stopped and I remember panicking asking the Dr "am I going to have a c section". There was no more contractions and the Dr was starting to get panicked. They gave me a horrible episiotomy and one Dr was pushing on my ribs/stomach and the other Dr was um...trying to manover him out the other way if you get what I'm saying. Finally Connor was born, 11 long minutes later - which for ID's is pretty far apart. He was blue. DH wanted me to see so they held him up in the air as they were running out with them.

After that I went in and out of conciousness - they had me on so many meds! I remember looking at DH and he would be at the door looking at the babies and then I "blinked" (what I thought was blinking) and he'd be standing beside me.

After they took care of me they were ready to take Caleb to the NICU. They wheeled him past me on his way out and that was the first time I saw him - I didnt even get to touch him. Then as they were wheeling me out to the recovery room, they wheeled me past Connor. I'll never forget that moment. I said "Hi Connor" and he looked up at me. I was so proud!

Next they wheeled me into the recovery room and my blood pressure wouldn't come down for hours. I was stressed about my babies who I had seen for minutes and I'm convinced that's why.

I still didn't see them for hours. Finally they put me in a wheelchair and let me go. I got to hold both of them

The next morning they had to move them to a differant hospital 2 hours away. I really should have stayed in the hospital because I was pretty rough and they tried to find me a bed at C&C's new hospital and couldn't so they finally just released me.

The next week we would drive back and forth to visit the twins. I remember walking and barely being able to breath. When we'd get to the elevator I'd crouch down in a ball to try and get a deep breath, and I was in SO much pain I was almost in tears.

After a week of that I called the hospital I delivered at and told them I had twins last Thursday, the lady replied" Oh wow, we HEARD about your delivery it was crazy!" Then she proceeded to tell me that they were pretty sure that they broke my ribs when they were trying to get Connor out. Gee, thanks for telling me... They also didn't tell me that connor had to be resesitated too.

Even now - the one side of my bottom rib and the little bone in the middle stick out funny LOL

Ya...pretty dramatic
omg That must have been so scary not seeing them.

And im glad they found it necessary to give you something, or atleast tell you they broke your ribs.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:02 AM   #44
army mommy of 4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Gotta get Z off to school bbl
Old 02-19-2009, 06:03 AM   #45
sabrina_the_mommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

JEN! wow, that made me tear up.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:04 AM   #46
sabrina_the_mommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

WOW Rach that's awesome!
Old 02-19-2009, 06:05 AM   #47
Quagga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmarleigh View Post

Id like to add that Jesi pumped the entire time so T could get mommy milk, and is the bestest, strongest mommy in the world.

And Taylor is beautiful!!!!!
Ahhhh thanks Em
Here is a pic of Taylor the next day:
Old 02-19-2009, 06:06 AM   #48
emmarleigh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by army mommy of 4 View Post
Morning

This is funny cause there are alot of peeps here with only one babe so I guess that one is there only traumatic birth experience

My most dramatic birth story would be Maddison although Aubrey does pull a close second.

So its September 21st and im ripped from a sound sleep with aweful pains that make me think I need to go #2 Its 11pm. I get up and use the bathroom 2 or 3 times and crawl back into bed between. This is over a 10 minute time frame. Finally when I realize these are contractions because I can no longer get comfortable in bed, I make it down the stairs and sit down on the couch next to my MIL. She says "is it time?" Im like nah, lets just wait and see. I have two more contractions a minute or two apart and with each of them Im pulled to a standing position because while contracting sitting is killing me. I say its time to go. I try to go back upstairs and get Z to take to my friends house, but cant carry him (duh im in major labor here!) So we walk him over to my friend's where she tells me later that I was clinging to her walls for dear like
We get in the car and make our way to the hospital which is a terrible ride for me even though we lived on post at this time and the hosp was only about 5 mins away. No sooner did I manage to hobble inside the hospital it starts pouring down rain. Get a wheel chair ride to L & D, where Im put on a bed for observation. My contractions are less then a minute apart at this time. I am yanking that damn emergency cord with every contraction and the nurses that come in the room tell me to "relax, you'll be here all night". By the 3rd time I yank the E cord a midwife comes in anc checks me, says nothing, and leaves the room. MIL & I look at each other like WTH? DH is in iraq for his first tour. A second later a male nurse comes into the room and wheels my bed to a delivery room. What is going on!! The midwife comes into the room and tells me that Im at 9 cms and that shes going to break my water and I can start pushing. I say, "What? no epidural? I dont want to feel this!" Three pushes later, 12:09am sep 22nd Maddison comes into this world.

My fastest craziest labor!

I wish mine was fast!!
Old 02-19-2009, 06:06 AM   #49
meagank24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Awe jesi and jenn how scary
Old 02-19-2009, 06:07 AM   #50
Quagga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow it seems everyone had a dramatic time!