Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-19-2009, 08:40 AM   #41
serendipity10410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Thursday BSRB No Stocking Day... What to do???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdi View Post
That's so cute!!!

So..since I was all bummed about missing the patsy set last night, I just ordered a pair of black fleece capris with black/white dots for the ruffle bottoms from BootyGold. Might as well just tack onto my order with the flirty skirties.
I don't even want to say it...but.....it really looks like C and I are going to FL in a couple of weeks. Don't listen to me until I book a flight and I don't get any phone calls from my parents again telling me to hold off yet again.
that is too cute, Amy

Di, I really hope you get to go!!! Ergo will be your best friend, but you really need to practice the back carry. I had some trouble getting him into it, but luckily DH helped me when i was in the airport on the way home, and some other passengers helped me get him back in when i took him out to feed him lunch. I think if i practiced more on the couch, I could do it on my own anywhere. X was just not used to it, so he did not cooperate very well when i tossed him onto my back, KWIM?

Advertisement

and not-so- newbie L 11/10

serendipity10410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:41 AM   #42
amyrenee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok, good Thanks Sara....
Old 02-19-2009, 08:43 AM   #43
serendipity10410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeinjanuary View Post
just a quick flyby b/c i am in the middle of laundry hell with a 1mo old who refuses to nap and seems to be having terrible gas right now.

i agree pretty much with everyone that it an oversold item should go to the first order number not who's paid first. that seems to have been generally what wahms did if there was an oversell but regardless..i'm glad i'm not the one who has to make that decision.

sooo i've never had stink issues with my bsrb. and i just did diaper laundry yesterday and this morning went to pull it out of the dryer and it smelled like pee! i'll admit that DS1 had soaked the entire bsrb no thanks to someone forgetting to change him (DH!!) but usually my vinegar soak takes care of that. now i'm thinking well maybe it's the detergent. ever since i switched to simply clean/crunchy clean my diapers dont really smell like anything. when i use to use tide it would smell faintly of tide and i'm programmed to think that that smells clean. i know that probably meant i had left over tide residue but it never caused a problem with my CD's. rather it smell like tide than pee. should i just switch back to tide? even my normal laundry doesn't smell clean using the simply clean. i had really high hopes for it and i use to love it when i started using it. *sigh*
Tana, ss about roan's non-sleeping and gas issues

I have heard similar thinks about crunchy clean, and that is why i never tried it I think if it were me, i would switch back. If it was not broken before, why fix it?

and not-so- newbie L 11/10

serendipity10410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:45 AM   #44
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipity10410 View Post
Tana, ss about roan's non-sleeping and gas issues

I have heard similar thinks about crunchy clean, and that is why i never tried it I think if it were me, i would switch back. If it was not broken before, why fix it?
Thats why I haven't changed detergent too. If its not broken why fix it?

Turns out its better I didn't because I was thinking of getting SC but got some pail powder instead, turns out DD is allergic to the borax in it so nothing with borax will work here! I am glad I didn't spend all that $$ on a huge jar of it. It smelled *great* but DDs bum does not approve
Old 02-19-2009, 08:54 AM   #45
i&a's mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I alternate between homemade detergent, Tide and a sample of Crunchy Clean. Once I'm done with the sample and the homemade, I'm going with all Tide. Maybe we are programmed to think that the smell equals clean, but I will say that Tide works better on our stains.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:06 AM   #46
aranel7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Right now the electrical company is standing between a tired mama with 3 kids and her coffee. They are blocking my driveway completely and entirely with 2 trucks (parked IN my driveway) and the large machine they're using to cut down our oldest, biggest tree which is blocking the entire entrance to my driveway. When I walked down there with J in her Baby K'tan to see how long they would be they were like "I think you could get out". Uh, sure. If I drove over my own lawn, then BF's lawn, then a huge thing of mud that my car might actually get stuck in. I don't know what tweaks me more . . . being stranded in my home with no notice or the knowledge that they are apparently driving their trucks over mine and BF's lawns.

Everyday Gourmet with Jennifer Grady Mallowes
aranel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:09 AM   #47
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aranel7 View Post

Right now the electrical company is standing between a tired mama with 3 kids and her coffee. They are blocking my driveway completely and entirely with 2 trucks (parked IN my driveway) and the large machine they're using to cut down our oldest, biggest tree which is blocking the entire entrance to my driveway. When I walked down there with J in her Baby K'tan to see how long they would be they were like "I think you could get out". Uh, sure. If I drove over my own lawn, then BF's lawn, then a huge thing of mud that my car might actually get stuck in. I don't know what tweaks me more . . . being stranded in my home with no notice or the knowledge that they are apparently driving their trucks over mine and BF's lawns.

If you wanted to be evil you could find out if they are actually on their easement and if they weren't you could force them to move...
Old 02-19-2009, 09:10 AM   #48
mrjsmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hope this is ok..I have 2 brand new only washed girly bsrbs for sale check it out

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...73#post6367373
mrjsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:17 AM   #49
madeinjanuary
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yes..i also never had stain issues until the switch too now that you mention it! ARGH! i guess i really was wanting to like the SC since i bought 2jars and got the 3rd free at the time. now wth am i going to do with all of it?!? I wonder if i can fsot it. lol. if not maybe i'll just use it for regular laundry with a smidge of tide until it's all gone.

I think dh is more indecisive than me. and that's really saying something b/c i'm pretty bad. first he's all i want to join the fire dept which is why we started to look to moving to NC, but then he's all they dont pay enough for us to make it worthwhile to make the move. So he flopped back to the idea of becoming a police officer in AZ (scottsdale), but then I was looking up the cost of rent and it's almost about the same that we pay here, so that makes no sense to me. he has a friend that moved out to AZ and they were saying how they were looking to buy a house out there and it's so cheap blah blah blah, but i think that DH forgets that they are a family of 3, where as we are a family of 4 plus throw in my mom and dad and a little brother. so we need a much bigger house than they need. he doesnt seem to want to listen to me. believe me..i am all for moving..i dont have anything holding me down to ny other than the fact that i enjoy living here, but it just doesnt make sense to try to get a job..take a paycut, move across country, and pay the same kinda rent we currently pay. will someone reason with my DH for me?
Old 02-19-2009, 09:22 AM   #50
mrsdi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipity10410 View Post
that is too cute, Amy

Di, I really hope you get to go!!! Ergo will be your best friend, but you really need to practice the back carry. I had some trouble getting him into it, but luckily DH helped me when i was in the airport on the way home, and some other passengers helped me get him back in when i took him out to feed him lunch. I think if i practiced more on the couch, I could do it on my own anywhere. X was just not used to it, so he did not cooperate very well when i tossed him onto my back, KWIM?
I really think we're going this time. Long story short, my mom was having some serious issues with the foot surgery she had in Nov. She's doing a lot better now, mentally and physically. She's back to work, so that's a good thing for her mental status. I think it was really taking a toll on her being home for 3 months not feeling herself, KWIM? Her and my dad are dying to see C, they haven't seen her since she was 3.5 mos, and they are really feeling like they are missing out. I being down there because my mom just jumps right in and helps. CDs and all. It's the best!! Now, I really really need to get new BSRBs because I don't have enough to travel with!!
I need to get practicing with the Ergo back carry...you are right. It's so much easier to travel with her on my back.
I may have some questions for you...I'll email if that's ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aranel7 View Post

Jenn--I would go nuts. I feel isolated when BIL comes over and parks in our driveway for 15 minutes blocking my car in.

Allison!

Well, I'd better get moving. I'm sitting outside on the porch while C is sleeping in the car. I don't want her to sleep too long or else nap won't happen this afternoon.
I have to figure something out for dinner. I whipped up a stir fry over rice last night for DH and I was hoping he'd have leftovers tonight. However, he ate it all. I was all bummed out because I didn't feel like cooking tonight.

mrsdi is offline   Reply With Quote