Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-19-2009, 04:51 AM   #1
maman08
Registered Users
seller

B2B - Back to Basics Snowy Thursday

It's snowing here, at least. Off and on all day, but it doesn't look like there's been a ton of accumulation. I hope it doesn't screw up flights tomorrow -- my mom is flying in for two weeks!

Looks as though I missed some fun stuff yesterday...DH took the day off at my request so I wasn't online. I just wanted us to have a day for the three of us before my mom got here and then his parents got here, esp since he was gone for this past weekend. Today I'm battling yet another plugged duct, which has me feeling sluggish and irritable in addition to in pain. Days like this are when I hope DS wants to wean shortly after 12 months, although I don't think he probably will and I know if he does I'll be sad. I'm just cranky about getting these painful plugged ducts what seems like every other week, especially now that DS only nurses like 4x a day. The last one took three and a half days to clear up. I'm taking soy lecithin, drinking lots of water, and hand expressing after every time he nurses, so hopefully it'll clear up sooner rather than later.

People who have travelled internationally (or long distances) with infants, can I ask for some advice? DH has been asked to travel for work for 30 days (basically the month of April)...if he says yes, I would get to go home for the month, but then would come back here for May and half of June since my sister and her hubby are coming here for like three weeks, and then turn around and go back to the States again from mid-June to early August. Is that going to be more of a headache than it's worth with the time changes and everything? I just finally got him sleeping through the night again, and I don't want to regress to waking up all the time, but it would be fun to go home...I don't know. Comments/suggestions?

Advertisement

maman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:04 AM   #2
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: B2B - Back to Basics Snowy Thursday

Good morning. I'm new to b2b. I don't really have any traveling advice for you, sorry. My LO is only...11 weeks today and we haven't traveled yet. Hope you are able to travel and it not put a lot of stress on you and the LO. On another note I was at the po yesterday..I seem to practically live there now that I am selling off what doesn't work for us lol..and I was sending something to Canada so I filled out a customs form and the lady was like "I'm just not brave enough to try cloth" and of course I start going on and on about how its much more than prefolds and pins (even though for some of us thats our dipe of choice ). I even gave her the ds website and told her to google cloth dipes and really research it. She said she was due in Aug. It felt so good to "witness" to someone about cding! Maybe I converted her! lol
Old 02-19-2009, 06:31 AM   #3
maman08
Registered Users
seller

Ah, 11 weeks! That's about the age DS was when we moved here, and travelling was so much easier. He never slept more than 3 or 4 hours at a time day or night, so time changes made no difference. How awesome that you were able to do a little proselytizing for cloth diapers! I always tell people it's not as much work as they think, but I don't think I've converted anyone so far.

maman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:36 AM   #4
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

Hi Anna and welcome! Great to hear you got a chance to "sell" cloth on someone. Yep, PFs and pins are sure my diaper of choice!

Heidi I sure hope you can get that cleared up. No advice on traveling, though. The last time I took a diapered baby very far from home we were doing disposables exclusively and we only went to Florida.

All five kids are here today since school is out for parent teacher conferences. They are all coming with me to the conferences this morning. I don't think we are going to be able to make all of them but we'll make the main ones. It turned cold again during the night and we probably won't be able to walk up there like I had planned.

WOTB: A t-shirt prefold as normal with a fleece sleeper. He's still in bed. I was hoping he'd STTN last night like he did the night before but no, he nursed probably three or four times. I went to bed early but I'm still tired because of it.

Oh, no snow here, it was almost 70 yesterday but today it's back to cold but no snow. Haven't gotten any all winter and I can't get anyone to send me some.
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:37 AM   #5
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

Ooops, double post.
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:38 AM   #6
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Welcome!

ON the travel ..... honestly it is headache. What time change are you looking at - and how much between each trip? What is the flight time?

We've been back and forth to south america with a 3 week old (by far the easiest) and 3 month old and 18 month old, then again 6 weeks later back to the US, and this time at 3 years and 21 months - YUCK! In the earlier stages we actually found it easier - not to mention they sleep better in your arms than they do at almost 2. We dont have to deal much with time change but its typically atleast 24 hrs from house to house and we've gotten in at some awful times like 3 am or midnight and changed planes also at awful ones - for example on the way home this time we left at 5:30pm, changed planes at 2 am and then stopped in route again at 5am, changed planes at 12 pm and arrived at destination finally at almost 4pm which would have been 6pm at the original airport

I dont know - I guess you'll have help on both sides? Because we are always suffering when we get either place because everybody is sleeping in or working and we are super short of sleep and with two babies who still are waking up right on time EARLY! lol

looks like depending on how much you'd miss DH that you might as well go home - you have a month there, 6 weeks back and then another trip back for 6 weeks right? It will really depend how flexible your ds is whether he transitions well or not and same with the sleeping
Old 02-19-2009, 06:43 AM   #7
Bumstoppers
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What did I miss yesterday afternoon and evening? I signed off and went to church and then came home and worked...I feel like forever since I have been here....need ot go read now...
Bumstoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:54 AM   #8
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No help on the travel, our travel is usually two time zones at the most.
Welcome Anna.
MH woke at 4:00 AM to nurse then start puking at 4:15. She has finally settled into a quiet sleep now...rough 2 hours. Poor thing. I am in my third pair or jammies, hard to get a 13 month old to puke in one place.
So I am home from school with her today. DH is great with her but is not so good with sickness.
I just feel so badly since I gave it to her.
WOTB: nana bottoms bamboo fitted, fleece pants (easier to clean the wool when she gets herself)
WOTA: holding my sick LO, laundry, packing
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:00 AM   #9
Bumstoppers
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Okay I need to get a lot done today.....gonna post my list as it keeps me from mindlessly sitting here all day

go to mcdonalds for breakfast-hubbies treat
pick up a few grocersies at walmart

finish up inserts
finsh up the 3 newborns that I started
cut out 4 diaepr order
snap them
sew them
2 pieces of mending (payin job)
cut out covers and more mama pads and family cloth
snap covers
sew twirl skirt
quilt top with ribbons
curtains for dd
clean at moms
ebay pics & listings
laundary
pay invoices
file coupons
order snaps
unload and reload dishwasher
fix dinner

See why I need to stay on task today?

Last edited by Bumstoppers; 02-19-2009 at 04:22 PM.
Bumstoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:18 AM   #10
MommyScott
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

morning ladies

God hasn't called me to be successful. He's called me to be faithful. - Mother Teresa
MommyScott is offline   Reply With Quote