Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-29-2006, 12:22 PM   #1
Jessica
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Unhappy Help needed- kinda long sorry

My issue is kind of long- bare with me if you can I need the advice!

I am Bfing my 5month old son, on demand no schedules. It took my 4years to get pregnant I had major infertility issues. I use to never get my period, therefore not ovulating well.. anyways, I got my first period back when he was 8weeks old- and I was surprised to see it that soon.
But this last cycle has been giving me major issues! I have been bleeding for a MONTH!!!! Thatís right a month now.. I have had an ultrasound, and many exams they canít figure out what is going on at all. I donít believe in birth control and only use natural family planning... my doctors all think I am crunchy granola and write me off..

I think whatís going on is I took ALOT of progesterone pregnant to prevent from miscarrying, because I have low progesterone.. and I think my body is adjusting from the hormones. If itís not that, then maybe weight loss and the bfing? But really I am just guessing at this point.

My question, after all that lol, has anyone else had weirdo bleeding during breastfeeding? And does anyone take Iron and Vitamin C?
The long "period" we will call it, is really making me SUPER tired...so if you know anything that can help that would be great!

Blessings

Advertisement

Old 11-29-2006, 12:47 PM   #2
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help needed- kinda long sorry

Well, I have been on my 'period' since August and I am not sure what to do either. I am BFing a 2 year old but this is just not normal! Anyway, I think I may have PCOS. That is maybe something that you should look into.

DOULA in training!

HCG Diet works! Ask me how.
greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 01:02 PM   #3
Jessica
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Actually I do have PCOS! But the Dr is saying that long cycles arent consistant with PCOS. Usually irregular cycles (which is what I had before pg) or no cycles is more common. I just feel so burnt out with all this bleeding... Iam going to see if my fertility dr will see me, because my GP dosent seem to have a clue!

Last edited by Jessica; 11-29-2006 at 01:07 PM. Reason: mistkae
Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 02:04 PM   #4
hippiemama
Registered Users

if your feeling tired i would definetely take an iron supplenment. I would get a plant based one and makie sure not to take calcium with it. they bind and you don't get either. not know much it sounds to me like it is the progesterne levels. but that is just me uneduacted guess.
hippiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 02:12 PM   #5
A'smommy
Registered Users

Are you sure it's AF and not more PP bleeding? 8 weeks sounds awful early. But if like you say they've checked that out and nothing turned up...I dunno.

Maybe you should try to find some sort of homeopathic practitioner. I don't know where you live but you could try asking around, like at the health food stores. Your "body trying to adjust" theory makes sense to me, but I'm no health professional. I had bleeding for several weeks PP too though, and my OB/GYN wasn't much help either. Sorry you're getting so run down--try to take it easy!

HTH!
Old 11-29-2006, 05:55 PM   #6
Jessica
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I really didnt have a good PP bleed... like a week of just normal blood flow sorry tmi then the last 2 "periods" were also very light, so maybe my body is just making up for it?! I wish I knew haha.. I did get some Iron and a multi-vitamin. The pharmacist said no to taking anything with it as well, just drink it with some good OJ! I am really hoping it helps with the tiredness.. Thanks for your help ladies