Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2009, 10:28 PM   #11
sapphire_kittum's Avatar
sapphire_kittum
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 63
My Mood:
Re: Aussie Mama's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren View Post
I'm in Melbourne! We use a little of everything, but mainly BerryPlush, FuzziBunz & Goodmamas. And I'm building my stash for "the one on the way"
Yay, another Aussie Goodmama! I know that we have lots of good diapers for sale in Australia, but I really like the Goodmama's. They are so silky, pretty and amazing. I have so many people comment on then whenever I take DS out. They love them at daycare, and are always interested to see what diaper he is wearing that day. I've never had any problems with them. Actually, I've only ever had problems with disposable diapers , and I'm so glad that I haven't used any for 6 months!!!

I would love to see an Aussie retailer for Goodmama's.

Advertisement

sapphire_kittum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:31 PM   #12
Lauren's Avatar
Lauren
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 361
My Mood:
Re: Aussie Mama's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_kittum View Post
Yay, another Aussie Goodmama! I know that we have lots of good diapers for sale in Australia, but I really like the Goodmama's. They are so silky, pretty and amazing. I have so many people comment on then whenever I take DS out. They love them at daycare, and are always interested to see what diaper he is wearing that day. I've never had any problems with them. Actually, I've only ever had problems with disposable diapers , and I'm so glad that I haven't used any for 6 months!!!

I would love to see an Aussie retailer for Goodmama's.
I see you've got a ds, so you wouldn't be interested in any girlie prints would you? I have a few (3? 4? I can't remember is that bad?) nip from the sale a few weeks ago (before we found out we were having another boy). I'd much rather sell them to someone in Aus (to avoid shlepping to the post office) than listing them on Spots, but I'm not sure if there's the demand here yet?
__________________
Lauren, Mummy to:
Noah James - 8th Dec, 2006
and
Oliver Ethan born 3rd July, 2009
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:56 PM   #13
sapphire_kittum's Avatar
sapphire_kittum
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 63
My Mood:
Re: Aussie Mama's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren View Post
I see you've got a ds, so you wouldn't be interested in any girlie prints would you? I have a few (3? 4? I can't remember is that bad?) nip from the sale a few weeks ago (before we found out we were having another boy). I'd much rather sell them to someone in Aus (to avoid shlepping to the post office) than listing them on Spots, but I'm not sure if there's the demand here yet?
No, sorry, I think DH would be a bit cross if I bought any more diapers.
sapphire_kittum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:07 PM   #14
Steelerfan_mom_of_4's Avatar
Steelerfan_mom_of_4
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: south
Posts: 56
Re: Aussie Mama's?

Aussie here! Living in US! wooooo
Steelerfan_mom_of_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:09 PM   #15
Steelerfan_mom_of_4's Avatar
Steelerfan_mom_of_4
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: south
Posts: 56
Re: Aussie Mama's?

Oh , and I have a GM stash and I am currently in love with preston's Pants!!
I am originally from NSW , a tiny ocean town called hawks Nest...don't know if any of you Aussie mummies would know it , seeing as though the population of it is like 2000...
anyways , AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
Steelerfan_mom_of_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:02 AM   #16
redvlagrl's Avatar
redvlagrl
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: London, ON, Canada
Posts: 408
My Mood:
Re: Aussie Mama's?

Hey! Maybe a bit late, but I'm also an Aussie mama in Canada! We're coming to visit in May, though! Can't wait!

What detergent do you use, or do you just use napisan?

thanks!
redvlagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:15 PM   #17
Lauren's Avatar
Lauren
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 361
My Mood:
Re: Aussie Mama's?

I never use Napisan, it's supposedly not good for Modern Cloth. Most of the retailers and manufacturers recommend it's not used.
I've alwys used Amolin as my son has sensitive skin ad we used it on all the washing. Recently I've been trying Earth's Choice and it seems to work great too.
__________________
Lauren, Mummy to:
Noah James - 8th Dec, 2006
and
Oliver Ethan born 3rd July, 2009
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:19 PM   #18
sapphire_kittum's Avatar
sapphire_kittum
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 63
My Mood:
Re: Aussie Mama's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redvlagrl View Post
Hey! Maybe a bit late, but I'm also an Aussie mama in Canada! We're coming to visit in May, though! Can't wait!

What detergent do you use, or do you just use napisan?

thanks!
I only use Napisan if I have to soak something in the bucket if it's really yuck. When I wash the nappies, I use Earth's Choice Laundry Detergent. Even though it's triple concentrated, I only use half the amount that they suggest on the package.

http://www.naturesorganics.com.au/ho...top_loader.htm
sapphire_kittum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:26 PM   #19
sapphire_kittum's Avatar
sapphire_kittum
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 63
My Mood:
Re: Aussie Mama's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfan_mom_of_4 View Post
Oh , and I have a GM stash and I am currently in love with preston's Pants!!
I am originally from NSW , a tiny ocean town called hawks Nest...don't know if any of you Aussie mummies would know it , seeing as though the population of it is like 2000...
anyways , AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
No I haven't heard of it, but hello! I have never heard of Preston's Pants, and had to google it. They look cute! I love my goodmama's though. G'day!!
sapphire_kittum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:40 PM   #20
sapphire_kittum's Avatar
sapphire_kittum
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 63
My Mood:
Re: Aussie Mama's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren View Post
I never use Napisan, it's supposedly not good for Modern Cloth. Most of the retailers and manufacturers recommend it's not used.
I've alwys used Amolin as my son has sensitive skin ad we used it on all the washing. Recently I've been trying Earth's Choice and it seems to work great too.
I'm sure if I used Regular Napisan all the time on every diaper every time I washed, then it would be a bit harsh. But as it is, I only use 1/2 a cap of it in a 25 litre bucket of water to soak the really really gross nappies. I heard the same thing about napisan and modern cloth, so I researched it. It's the enzymes in it can irritate baby's bottom, so I use the "Babycare Napisan". It's the one that comes in the white tub & has no enzymes or fragrances. All my diapers are in great condition and 100% stain free after 7 months of using it.

Babycare Napisan is on this page:
http://www.vanishstains.com.au/napisan_solutions.shtml#

I also use Earth's Choice detergent and I love it. I freaked out about 5-6 weeks ago, because my local Coles was doing a big clearance on it. They discontinued it and now they've released the new Earth's Choice detergent, which is triple concentrated. Yay!
sapphire_kittum is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.