Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-20-2009, 06:54 AM   #11
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: It's Friday, I'm in love...with BSRB

Oh I meant to give the report on the VBSN...afraid it failed. It needs a doubler or two I think. The PUL on the thirsties was soaked through...again, the wool saved us from a horrid leak. Yay wool!

He also was walking funny and said that the diaper hurt... It was red around his legs so I dunno if it was just uncomfy because it was wet or if it was actually hurting his legs or what...

We will try again tonight with the second one we got and I will steal a doulber or two from the UF BSRBs I have for DD.

Advertisement

Old 02-20-2009, 06:55 AM   #12
MelG
Registered Users

Allison, how fun to have someone to knit/sew for you! You'll have to show us what you end up getting. I also love your "imaginary signature". Sometimes I've felt like I don't quite fit in in the CD world, because of some of our other choices (non co-sleeping, vacc'ing, circ'ing, etc), but its nice that everyone is respectful and open to different opinions here (at least on this thread).

Shannon, I hope your morning goes more smoothly than you're anticipating. It must be challenging to be househunting with little ones in tow.

Sara--have a fun time at your playdates. And drive carefully!
Old 02-20-2009, 06:59 AM   #13
MegsMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning ladies. Well, i gotta finishing cleaning for our playgroup today. I didn't get as much done yesterday since I got called into work for a few hours. Luckily my mom was over so I didnt have to drag the kiddos with me. DS had just fallen asleep also.

QOTD: So, what is everyone's weekend plans?

I am going scrapbooking tomorrow and then going to my mom's for a bit on Sunday. She leaves for Hawaii on Monday for 8 days. Lucky!!

Okay, DD is waking up. She was up for an hour around 5:00. Nightmare I think.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:02 AM   #14
mrsdi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by idefix View Post
Yes. I bought it. I haven't used it yet, but what I like is that you can follow her sizes or you can customize it. The instructions look good.
http://www.sheepytimeknits.com/knit/pants.htm

There are also a bunch of great free ones out there.

DH took off today since it's my last day as temporary SAHM. We have to get the rest of Fynn's 2 month's shots. I didn't want to bobmard him with 5 at one time. Since I forgot to take my form that I am fit to return back to work at my six week appointment, I have to get that filled out today, too, or they'll send me home on Monday. What a waste of time.
Silke--Enjoy your last day as a temporary SAHM. I hope Fynn fares well at his 2 month shots and you are able to get your paperwork quickly taken care of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2BabiesA&I View Post
Oh I meant to give the report on the VBSN...afraid it failed. It needs a doubler or two I think. The PUL on the thirsties was soaked through...again, the wool saved us from a horrid leak. Yay wool!

He also was walking funny and said that the diaper hurt... It was red around his legs so I dunno if it was just uncomfy because it was wet or if it was actually hurting his legs or what...

We will try again tonight with the second one we got and I will steal a doulber or two from the UF BSRBs I have for DD.
Oh, SS about the VBSN. How disappointing. I forget...are those diapers serged? I thought they were...perhaps it's the serging that's irritating his legs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelG View Post
Allison, how fun to have someone to knit/sew for you! You'll have to show us what you end up getting. I also love your "imaginary signature". Sometimes I've felt like I don't quite fit in in the CD world, because of some of our other choices (non co-sleeping, vacc'ing, circ'ing, etc), but its nice that everyone is respectful and open to different opinions here (at least on this thread).

Shannon, I hope your morning goes more smoothly than you're anticipating. It must be challenging to be househunting with little ones in tow.

Sara--have a fun time at your playdates. And drive carefully!
Morning, Mel!

mrsdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:03 AM   #15
madeinjanuary
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

the only thing about the shepypants is that the sizes seem to run small and i think the pattern states that too so def go by the rise you are looking for. i tweek that pattern to my liking but it is super easy to follow and great for someone who's never knitted longies before.

woohoo for jordan!!

i made ryders food too when we started solids at 6mos. and once he graduated from purees we just chopped up or cut up into small pieces whatever we ate. to this day...this boy eats almost everything and loves his fruits and veggies. and jenn i think it was you who said ppl criticized you for the amt of snacking and nuggets you let your kids have...we are the same but ryder is the most unpicky eater ever, so the hell with them.

allison..awesome you'll have someone who can knit you up some stuff and make some covers ;P more pp for bsrbs hehe

ok ryder just woke up..gotta run. bbl
Old 02-20-2009, 07:08 AM   #16
MelG
Registered Users

Good morning, Diana! Didn't mean to ignore anyone.

So what are everyone's plans this weekend?
Old 02-20-2009, 07:18 AM   #17
mommy2roo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

morning ladies, were enjoying another episode of Dora here. not much planned for the weekend, I want to be home for the stocking...I NEED some UF and maybe a TIAN, but I know it may take some time...we'll see what she stocks in prints first
Old 02-20-2009, 07:27 AM   #18
mrsdi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeinjanuary View Post
the only thing about the shepypants is that the sizes seem to run small and i think the pattern states that too so def go by the rise you are looking for. i tweek that pattern to my liking but it is super easy to follow and great for someone who's never knitted longies before.

woohoo for jordan!!

i made ryders food too when we started solids at 6mos. and once he graduated from purees we just chopped up or cut up into small pieces whatever we ate. to this day...this boy eats almost everything and loves his fruits and veggies. and jenn i think it was you who said ppl criticized you for the amt of snacking and nuggets you let your kids have...we are the same but ryder is the most unpicky eater ever, so the hell with them.

allison..awesome you'll have someone who can knit you up some stuff and make some covers ;P more pp for bsrbs hehe

ok ryder just woke up..gotta run. bbl
OH, yes...I did mean to mention that the sheepy pants pattern runs small. Thanks for the reminder, Tana! I add a few rows to the rise and tweak the sizing a bit. I am still working on figuring out the math to do the customized sizing. I am so bad at math.
I may try the Perfection Pants pattern for my next pair. I think I'm making capris for our FL trip next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelG View Post
Good morning, Diana! Didn't mean to ignore anyone.

So what are everyone's plans this weekend?
Oh, you didn't ignore me! I was just saying hi because I saw you had posted before I finished my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2roo View Post
morning ladies, were enjoying another episode of Dora here. not much planned for the weekend, I want to be home for the stocking...I NEED some UF and maybe a TIAN, but I know it may take some time...we'll see what she stocks in prints first
It's so hard trying to build a stash! I am sort of regretting selling off a lot of dipes this week. Now I am banking on scoring a custom or two tomorrow to replace. Plus, I'm in a time crunch to get them because I am going to need them for FL in a few weeks. Why do I torture myself?

Nothing big planned for the weekend. I have a hair appointment tomorrow morning. DH wants to run to Kohl's to pick up some khakis for work....he said he'd bring C with him and pick out some spring shirts for our vacation. Surprisingly, he's pretty good at picking out clothes for him, as long as I give him guidelines and write the sizes down.

mrsdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:29 AM   #19
Jordan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning mamas! I was so tired last night I feel asleep before 9 and missed hell's kitchen AGAIN. I was so ticked at myself when I woke up at 1 and realized it.

Allison- That is so cool that you found someone to make stuff for you. And love the siggy.

Di- Thanks for pointing me to the rave. I totally would have missed it.

Shannon- Hope the house hunting goes well! Sorry the vbsn didn't work for you. You must have a super duper heavy wetter.

Hi everyone else!

QOTD: Idk what we are doing this weekend. DH is off and as usual, he makes last minute pans so who knows. Hopefully I'll be here for the stocking though.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:38 AM   #20
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Morning mamas! I was so tired last night I feel asleep before 9 and missed hell's kitchen AGAIN. I was so ticked at myself when I woke up at 1 and realized it.

Allison- That is so cool that you found someone to make stuff for you. And love the siggy.

Di- Thanks for pointing me to the rave. I totally would have missed it.

Shannon- Hope the house hunting goes well! Sorry the vbsn didn't work for you. You must have a super duper heavy wetter.

Hi everyone else!

QOTD: Idk what we are doing this weekend. DH is off and as usual, he makes last minute pans so who knows. Hopefully I'll be here for the stocking though.
Meh not a big deal! I am sure with a few doublers he will be all right....and yes he is a CRAZY heavy wetter...its outta control.

Di- yes it is sergered so that might be the issue as far as his legs ....we will see how tonight goes.