Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-20-2009, 07:06 PM   #241
luvmykeikis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: It's Friday, I'm in love...with BSRB

Annie - That is even better.

Megan - If you change your mind, this is it and it isn't by Amy .... It is by William Sears. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re.../dp/0071381392

Advertisement

Old 02-20-2009, 07:08 PM   #242
MegsMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlycurry View Post
Holy crap you are some tiny mamas! I feel HUGE now. I must be the biggest... I'm 5'6" and wear a size 12. I was a 10 before baby, but an 8 when hubby met me. I seriously need to lose some weight!

We can hang out together...then we won't feel so "big". I don't think I was ever a 0. Maybe a 4 in grade school
Old 02-20-2009, 07:15 PM   #243
serendipity10410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

mamas! i have missed you all today

I did not think i was going to post, but i did finally read through the thread and I will try to remember the important things.

Carly I am so happy for you!!

Ummmmm all you size 0 mamas are giving me a complex. I was a comfy 12 before baby, but now i am almost into plus sizes I did find out last month that i have Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome, and supposedly that can make me gain weight?? IDK. It could also have to do with the fact that before becoming a SAHM (aka SOCM stay on the couch mom) I worked on my feet 6-10 hours per day. I really need to get my butt in gear, no pun intended. I saw some very unflattering photos of myself last week, so I am almost ready to tackle the hard work. It's just been so hard with my Diabetes to lose weight. Just when i get myself eating better, I have a low glucose reading and I literally HAVE to eat so i don't pass out It's a no-win situation. Maybe i should get that wii fit I have been dreaming about... Ok. enough obesssing about weight. What i would give to be a sz 8. I would never look right smaller than that

ummm... Shannon, the house sounds nice, but i agree with Starla that you should look up its assessed value before offering so much under their asking price. Of course, in this economy, it really cannot hurt to ask

Di and Jenn, i hope you have a great time tonight!! You both deserve it.

We had fun at our playdates today. X had a blast playing with his two BFFs and his newest baby-friend too. His one BFF is 2 months older, and just started walking. X has only just taken those first few steps, but when we got home, he walked a few more steps right in front of DH!! We were so excited!! He has now taken 3 or 4 steps about 7 times!! I am going to be chasing a toddler within the next couple weeks!

sorry for not responding to everyone but i can't remember anything else. goodnight!

and not-so- newbie L 11/10

serendipity10410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:15 PM   #244
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So here is DD in her night time get up!

A BSRB UF with a BBH bamboo booster covered with a thirsties cover and then the new Disana Wool...that wool is wonderful, it feels so comfy and soft!

Old 02-20-2009, 07:17 PM   #245
idefix
Registered Users

My Mood:

That's awesome, Annie.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:22 PM   #246
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Annie, that's awesome about the custom and that she's going to dye a custom colorway for you!!
Baby #3 coming July 2015
carlycurry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:25 PM   #247
starla79
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmykeikis View Post
Megan - If you change your mind, this is it and it isn't by Amy .... It is by William Sears. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re.../dp/0071381392

I've read it. There just isn't anything in there that was helpful to this situation. A lot of the stuff in there is pretty good... we use white noise on D and work hard to extend his naps as long as we can... that alone was good for getting him to sleep better.

I gave in and nursed him... he ate for a bit and started looking around, but his eyes were pretty heavy, so i put him back in the crib and gave him the pacifier and patted him until he drifted off. **crosses fingers** I grabbed a mojito so i'm hoping he sleeps at least a couple hours.
I'm Megan, Rob is my husband, Draven is my boy, born 3/14/08. Expecting #2 in early March. Where have all the BSRBs gone?
starla79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:28 PM   #248
mommy2roo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ok, now I don't feel so bad... after I had both the girls I am a size 10 and 5'6".... but before I was a size 4... it took 8 months after Kendall was born to be a size 4 again... so it will come in time, but I hate being a 10, I am so not me feeling.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:36 PM   #249
starla79
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipity10410 View Post
Ummmmm all you size 0 mamas are giving me a complex. I was a comfy 12 before baby, but now i am almost into plus sizes I did find out last month that i have Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome, and supposedly that can make me gain weight?? IDK. It could also have to do with the fact that before becoming a SAHM (aka SOCM stay on the couch mom) I worked on my feet 6-10 hours per day. I really need to get my butt in gear, no pun intended. I saw some very unflattering photos of myself last week, so I am almost ready to tackle the hard work. It's just been so hard with my Diabetes to lose weight. Just when i get myself eating better, I have a low glucose reading and I literally HAVE to eat so i don't pass out It's a no-win situation. Maybe i should get that wii fit I have been dreaming about... Ok. enough obesssing about weight. What i would give to be a sz 8. I would never look right smaller than that
That sucks, i know with PCOS you can control it somewhat through diet but with your diabetes that is a bit harder. Doesn't weight watchers have a specialized program for diabetics? I wouldn't count on wii fit to help you lose weight, i think DDR is much more of a workout (i've used it to lose weight before and would now but i never have time in the evenings with D being such a turd lately)... heck, about anything is more of a workout. Every time i see someone say they lost weight with wii fit they also mention they started eating less... hmmm. My mom has both and she says DDR definitely gets her moving and sweating more. And she's in her 50s. She doesn't jump much but she likes it a lot.

Nursing makes it very hard for me to lose weight... i'm starving all the time and it's taken me months to cut down on the amount of food i eat to where i lose weight (slowly) but my supply isn't tanking. I think i'm finally down to me pre-preg weight but that was about 10 lbs more than i wanted it to be. I need to exercise more but D makes it hard. In June if i start working from home i'm going to get a gym membership and work out during the day sometime after i drop D off at daycare... there's a gym close to home so i can drop him off, work out, shower, and be 'at work' by 9:15. Or at least do DDR or something if i decide i'm too cheap for a gym membership. There's a yoga/pilates studio nearby too, i may check out their class schedule. I like yoga but i doubt it'll help me sweat off some weight.
I'm Megan, Rob is my husband, Draven is my boy, born 3/14/08. Expecting #2 in early March. Where have all the BSRBs gone?
starla79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:38 PM   #250
treala05
Registered Users
seller

Alright ladies, I've been having an evening of Wii with my parents tonight, but I will be turning it in soon. Until tomorrow...STOCKING DAY!!!