Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-20-2009, 09:26 AM   #111
Little Bear Momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I know this wool was heaven sent...lord knows I know not where my paypal went...

Morning chatty mommas! I will be on day three of not keeping up. We have ballet in a bit...but I'm going to have to skip knit club. Gregg must work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybenz View Post
Oh, and destashing is a concept that is totally lost on me. It's MY yarn, I don't want to say goodbye to it until it's all knit up into something cute!
Dude...I'm right there with you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyJones View Post
I was hoping you'd be on to see them before I had to leave, Myla.

I'm off... have a great morning ladies!!

Oh--Dev--the colors are from the Ethiopian flag... there's going to be the star on each ankle and then on the bum there will be Africa w/ a heart out of the middle like the necklace Laura wears all the time.
They are great Molly! I can not wait to see Mercy in all her fluff.

Shoot...I lost oodles of quotes... Oh, wait...there are some from yesterday......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knutsonfam View Post
cestari on left targhee on right

can't type. baby is standing on my lap pulling on my hair and glasses. the little stinker; I just changed his dipe and he pooped out onto his brand new shorties. nothing like clean wool for poopin'
Oh!! Thank you for doing this! I love it on Cestari...a bit less dye travel...though, Targhee will always be a favoritie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateybugprincess View Post
Monica-Lauren, Aimee, and I are after DD Horsies at 1:20pmEST!!
On it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyttlewon View Post
I even set my alarm You know I am serious when I get up early for yarn.
Um....10:20 is early? Lucky ducky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanna19 View Post
great!! you have a good chance, not many people have entered. my newsletter was actingup so i have a feeling that not many people got it.

yes please - you could go up to her and ask some inane cloth diapering questions. LOL! oh speaking of weird stuff i saw a diaper with a mushroom growing from it on ds today in a thread...have you seen this thingÉ itès sick.
Ewwwww....but kinda cool in a science geek way. Ya know...there are some people who try to grow mushrooms and can not...they evidently need a pee filled diaper pail. What does that say about mushrooms?

Advertisement

~ also at FRESH on the 9th on the 9s ~
blogging here --->

Little Bear Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:27 AM   #112
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I know this wool was heaven sent...lord knows I know not where my paypal went...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKat View Post
Quick question for those of you that knit with Sheepy Pants pattern. I can't tell if it is me because I have big babies or if it is the pattern, but is the newborn size in sheepy pants really really little? I am going to start 2 newborn skirties next week and I am considering talking to the mama a bit about sizing up to the smalls, I've knit the newborn size a few times for mama's and it seems that for most of them even with smaller sized babes they didn't fit for long at all (as in they were worn once). The hip measurements for the newborn sizing are 12-14 hips and the rise is 14 and for small 14-16 hip and 16 rise, so give me some input is my mental picture of a newborn just way off because I have close to 9lb babies that don't fit in newborn stuff?
I think it depends on how big her babies are. Mine are 6 1/2-7lbs so when I have another one I plan on doing a few things in nb size but most in smalls. They just outgrow that size so fast. So yeah I would just talke to the mama about it. I think the nb size woudl fit up to about 10 lbs or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Peach~ View Post
If you guys could, please pray for mommyof8. She just lost her husband quite tragically
How horrible! That is so sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camdensmom View Post
Morning woolie mamas!!! LOL...sounds like a big fuzzy prehistoric creature!!

Anyways, finally finished my latest pair of linen stitch longies on EB naiad merino again (so they took me about 3 weeks like the last pair did). This is "Marble Angel". So sweet! They would be the perfect addition to an Easter outfit, don't you think?

Wow those are beautiful!

Who's ready to stalk some choco rainbow goodness
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:27 AM   #113
~Peach~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Dont mind the mess

Sakura Knit YYMN giveaway at 100 fans!
~Peach~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:28 AM   #114
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Monica's post reminded me. Those mushrooms made me want to barf
Old 02-20-2009, 09:28 AM   #115
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Dont mind the mess

Great, another WSK colorway for my ISO....
Old 02-20-2009, 09:28 AM   #116
amyruth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKat View Post
Quick question for those of you that knit with Sheepy Pants pattern. I can't tell if it is me because I have big babies or if it is the pattern, but is the newborn size in sheepy pants really really little? I am going to start 2 newborn skirties next week and I am considering talking to the mama a bit about sizing up to the smalls, I've knit the newborn size a few times for mama's and it seems that for most of them even with smaller sized babes they didn't fit for long at all (as in they were worn once). The hip measurements for the newborn sizing are 12-14 hips and the rise is 14 and for small 14-16 hip and 16 rise, so give me some input is my mental picture of a newborn just way off because I have close to 9lb babies that don't fit in newborn stuff?
You could do a newborn rise but cast on the stitches for a small to give more hip room... the newborn freckles uses the same stitch count as a Sheepy medium! I'm working on a pair of NB longies in the Freckles pattern now for my new arrival and I hope they aren't huge! I do have small babies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberS View Post
Wow, I opened my Selah package and I love love love Fruitful- it is my favorite colorway now... My millipede is beautiful too!

OT- So my friend IRL who is LClaire on DS- is pregnant with her second- she found she was having another girl trying for a VBAC- she bought all my girly newborn mutts, etc. Super sweet mama, I was starting a SMSS kimono for here in Sushi Sonnets and she posted last night in another forum she had an ultrasound to make sure she was still good for a VBAC. And yes everything looked great HE will be making his entrance soon!
Oh no!!!!

Quote:
If you guys could, please pray for mommyof8. She just lost her husband quite tragically
that is terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camdensmom View Post
Morning woolie mamas!!! LOL...sounds like a big fuzzy prehistoric creature!!

Anyways, finally finished my latest pair of linen stitch longies on EB naiad merino again (so they took me about 3 weeks like the last pair did). This is "Marble Angel". So sweet! They would be the perfect addition to an Easter outfit, don't you think?

Simply gorgeous!
Old 02-20-2009, 09:28 AM   #117
~Peach~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinehollnd View Post
you just have to remember that those measurements arefor those lenses only, another brand could have the same measurements but fit completly different.....sorry if i souldn like a nag, i would just hate to hear of any problems
No thats good to know cus I have enough eye problems as it is. Would the measurements for your diameter be on the actual prescription itself?

Sakura Knit YYMN giveaway at 100 fans!
~Peach~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:37 AM   #118
kristineholland
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
No thats good to know cus I have enough eye problems as it is. Would the measurements for your diameter be on the actual prescription itself?

it is, but when the RX is written is will only have the diameters for the current contacts...all the base info stays at the dr...which is why you have to be fitted again when you want to change brands. Which is why i tell people that if you want to change to come in, some brads sizing is identical but others are WAYYY off

IDDSO WSK Bella
kristineholland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:37 AM   #119
shandi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning mamas

I'm here for a bit, I'll help stalk WSK or Selah and after that we're going out for a playdate.
Thank goodness since Tristan is spinning around in the living room screaming at the top of his lungs. That boy needs to burn off some steam!

Last edited by shandi; 02-20-2009 at 09:40 AM.
shandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:39 AM   #120
sahmofthree
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Where's all the photos on Selah? I'm going crazy! My F5 finger hurts already.