Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-20-2009, 08:30 PM   #911
PKat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I know this wool was heaven sent...lord knows I know not where my paypal went...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaddon View Post
Well I bought some from Walmart b/c the yellow caught my eye... I was thinking sundress for Bailey, however I really hope she doesn't go swimming in it. Do you think a Kimono would be too heavy in the cotton?
It should be fine -- especially if it is a lighter weight cotton and most of the cotton I have seen at walmart is a bit lighter weight.

And my guess is most kids don't go swimming in sundresses often, mine however are always the exception . My parents live on a lake and we spend most of our summer up there either at their house or the family camps a few doors down -- because of that a lot of Lilley's clothes go swimming with her (that child has a magnetic attraction to water -- luckily she knows how to swim but if I don't watch her like a hawk she will hpe right in fully dressed on a hot summer day)

Advertisement

Mary Kate - knitting mama to three girlies!
PKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:33 PM   #912
Little Bear Momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I know this wool was heaven sent...lord knows I know not where my paypal went...

Quote:
Originally Posted by devholan View Post
So I put my DD in her crib and the strangest thing happened. She went to sleep.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with the extra 30 minutes of not pat/shushing a crying baby? So I poured myself a Blue Moon with orange.
I'm thrilled for you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by devholan View Post
Jen, why don't you ask Aimee when she's stocking again at Beaux Bottoms. You basically get new high-end, premium diapers at used prices.
Yes! We just got one...I'm hoping for more in the future! Ours is in the wash right now! Action shots tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie K View Post
dang, should I have put a skein of yarn in my kids hands for their pics?
ROFL...now that cracked me up! lol...hey, I peeked at those earlier...they are BEAUTIFUL! Ya know...I think I have more recent pics of yarn and woolies than my own kids...I suck. Maybe I'll get mine taken with wool in them too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knutsonfam View Post
So, my neighbors are lighting things on fire again. Looks like they may have caught a tree on fire on the edge of our property line. We've called the fire dept. again. The sparks are flying maybe 15' in the air and falling on our grass field. Thank goodness it is pretty wet. I am sick of this!
Are you not on burn ban right now? We totally are. Too dry!

Well, Tylenol took her temp down to 99. Poor kiddo...I don't like tylenol..but I don't allow temps to go above 103 either. Wet socks...here we come. (She gets so pissed off putting them on. Seriously...it would actually be funny if she were not feeling poorly. She gets *really* mad. And curses. Well, 3 year old curses which are made up ugly sounding words. )

~ also at FRESH on the 9th on the 9s ~
blogging here --->

Little Bear Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:35 PM   #913
PKat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Peach~ View Post
Shes due in June and Im knitting a size small so ya they need to be soft. Do you dilute the conditioner or just put it on your hands and work it into the fibers?
I put the woolies in a large plastic container and cover it with warm water -- then I add a good amount of conditioner to the water (kinda hold the woolies aside so the conditioner doesn't plop on them) and swish the conditioner around until it dissolves. I let it soak for a bit (sometimes overnight) and swish it around whenever I walk by the bathroom (I do this in the tub usually). When they are done take them out and gently squeeze the water out and then you are going to want to strip with Dawn to get all of the conditioner out -- then lanolize.

Mary Kate - knitting mama to three girlies!
PKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:35 PM   #914
Little Bear Momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Is ravelry down?

blogging here --->

Old 02-20-2009, 08:36 PM   #915
AidynElyMama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma'sMommy View Post

Well, Tylenol took her temp down to 99. Poor kiddo...I don't like tylenol..but I don't allow temps to go above 103 either. Wet socks...here we come. (She gets so pissed off putting them on. Seriously...it would actually be funny if she were not feeling poorly. She gets *really* mad. And curses. Well, 3 year old curses which are made up ugly sounding words. )
Poor thing But the 3 year old curses are great
AidynElyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:36 PM   #916
~Peach~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok that sounds fairly easy. Ive only done conditioner once with wool and that was to try to unfelt something.

Sakura Knit YYMN giveaway at 100 fans!
~Peach~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:36 PM   #917
AidynElyMama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Is ravelry down?
Mine works
AidynElyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:37 PM   #918
~Peach~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ravelry is working for me.

Sakura Knit YYMN giveaway at 100 fans!
~Peach~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:37 PM   #919
netgirl1001
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Is ravelry down?
no
Old 02-20-2009, 08:38 PM   #920
Little Bear Momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Carp...I can't get it to open. Closing my browser and trying again.

blogging here --->