Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-20-2009, 09:59 AM   #111
Lisathena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: BASICally Fluffy Friday

Its def quicker to have them use the diapers they have in stock . . .thats what i did. . And shipping on Pf's tend to be $$

Advertisement

Lisathena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:00 AM   #112
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by my1hd View Post
YA on the baby!!

Good morning everyone. DD1 is at another sleep over and my house is soooo quiet. I have some stuff to ship today and a few more things to sell. What should I buy with the paypal??? I already have a few med thirsties covers on the list not sure what else to get. I'm feeling a little low on dipes though. SoI either need some more pockets/AIO's (not a big fitted fan) orI need more prefolds but I have no clue what size...... I realy wanted some BGOS but I just can not bring myself to pay 25$ a dipe . SO I was thinking maybe some of those ATG AIOS. Thoughts??
I like the BGs, dh LOVES them. I am okay with the price just because they are AIOs, snapping, and last overnight. I still use PFs during the day, so we don't have to pay for a whole stash of BGs though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2sadieandbean View Post

We've been having issues with Sadie's potty training. She does really well if she's bottomless, but if we put panties on her, she usually wets them. She won't use the big potty at all so using the potty at stores is a no go. I'm considering trying a sticker chart with her where she gets a sticker every time she uses the potty and doesn't wet her panties. DH is on board with that idea, and I have a zillion stickers.
Dd was like that. We had to just 1)take away diapers, period, and 2) go naked for almost a week. We went naked for two days straight staying at home, and then went out only when we needed to (doc appt, etc) and we would leave her underwear-less under her pants, and ask her if she needed to use the potty a couple of times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princemelissas View Post
I just wanted to share with you guys that I just read another post about mommyof8, her DH died, so just include her and her kids in your prayers today
I saw that last night. I hope her 8-y/o is okay (and all of them!!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaMomof3 View Post
MY BIRTHDAY STORY:

Well, yesterday was my birthday as you all know I woke up as normal, we scrambled to get everyone ready and ran out the door and got stuck in traffic....no one said "Happy Birthday". I got dropped off at work. Nothing.

I am pretty sure my boss forgot, because we talked about it 2 weeks ago being my birthday, and last year (when I had only been working for her for a few weeks at that point) she gave me a nice card and a plant...she said nothing. I was kinda bummed but didn't want to say to her "HEY, Today is my birthday, did you remember?" so I said nothing....at lunch I went downstairs and got a cupcake and a couple of caramel brownies from the bakery, but my stomach isn't 100% since the illness last weekend, so I had her box it all up and didn't eat any. Rest of day at work was crazy, dentist gave me my regular paycheque and told me to have a great weekend. I got downstairs and DH was there with kids waiting for me.

DH hit the button for the van door to open automatically (as he often does) and said "GO!" and he, DS and DD1 sang happy birthday to me. DD2 looked all around as if we were crazy

DH had picked up McDonalds and we drove home. They had bought me a little cake from the grocery store and a nice arrangement of red and yellow tulips from the little florist around the corner. A little later on they lit 3 candles on the cake and sang and we blew them out together

We had a rest, and then DH went down to teach music lessons (which he does from the walkout basement in our house) and I start getting DS and DD1 to do their homework. DS finishes and asks to go to bed (it is just before 7 bedtime is usually 7:30) so I don't argue and get his PJs on and into bed. 10 min later he comes to top of stairs and says "I'm sick" and then "I need a bucket" (which is what my kids say just before they throw up) so I grab a mcdonald's bag as I am running to the stairs and he turns to run for the bathroom and throws up all over the bathroom, and on the carpet outside the bathroom so DD1 watches dd2 and I am cleaning ds/putting him in shower and scrubbing puke....yippie. I passed out on the couch after watching some of the hockey game.

He was up almost all night throwing up. He is sleeping now, poor guy. He has a birthday party invitation for tomorrow at the Swimming Pool and it looks like he will miss that

I hope he is feeling better soon...AND I hope DD2 doesn't get it!
Yay for the birthday and for the puking. Yuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyScott View Post
going to the dr with DS 2 (19 month old) something is wrong with his leg please pray - it was stuck down the side of his crib, it has bruising, is swollen & seems stiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by monicadd View Post
did i mention im a certified medic too and in nursing/midwifery school....LOL jack of all trades, i have career ADD
Ah, career ADD. Love it. I am an editor finishing my creative writing degree, just switched into graphic design at my job, and will be starting midwifery school when I save up some $$ so I understand that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissamomof3girls View Post

Anyone have any ideas for how to soothe dd1's cough? She's a bit dramatic about coughing and has big bloodshot eyes and I think she may burst a blood vessel in her eye if she doesn't stop gagging her lungs up. We generally try to avoid cough syrup, but desperate we gave her some vicks nyquil for kids and it seemed to do nothing. We've tried mixing warm honey & lemon juice and it doesn't help.
Honey, elderberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
I don't know, I think that genius is overrated. My DH is a genius, national merit scholar, Jeopardy champ, AND a lawyer and it makes it very hard to win an argument in my house, or convince him of anything, even if I'm right. I already see some of it in my kids, always looking for the loophole and such, remembering minute details for the exception to the rule, even at age two. I think that there are probably better things to pass on to your kids....

So, I have a little info on the whole dd-failed-her-hearing-screen-hopefully-it's-just-earwax thing. The store-bought wax kit didn't get anything out so we went in to the pedi. The doc saw some wax (and said it "might" be enough to cause the test to fail) and they pressure irrigated her ears (which was horribly traumatizing for her) and a couple little chunks came out, and afterwards the doc looked again--and said wow, behind the wax her ears are actually infected. So they pressure sprayed her infected ears. Ow. No wonder she was screaming at a new octave afterwards. Poor dd. She had no symptoms at all but she's on abx now and we'll see how she does on her retest next month, I guess.
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:02 AM   #113
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, if anyone sees a good deal on UB GMD light browns, LMK please!! I was going to get other ones but my LL ones quilted up super-narrow and some barely fit around her so I think I want the extra width.

And today will be sewing RS day! Pics later.
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
Old 02-20-2009, 10:04 AM   #114
monicadd
Registered Users

My Mood:

let see, i have my natural health and healing certification
my hypnosis cert
medic
working on cna and phelbotomy
then on to rn program in january
will be working on my doula inbetween too

:shew:
Devoted and Gorgeous DH CJ
monicadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:06 AM   #115
princemelissas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebekahG77 View Post
Hmmm, I think it depends on quantities, because when you send your own diapers, you have to pay shipping both ways, kwim? What do you think, MommyScott?
That's what I was thinking. Cause' if I send a doz to you, I would have to pay shipping to you, pay for you to dye them and pay shipping back to me.
princemelissas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:06 AM   #116
MommyScott
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=673318

what about these?

God hasn't called me to be successful. He's called me to be faithful. - Mother Teresa
MommyScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:10 AM   #117
monicadd
Registered Users

My Mood:

i should watch my ds better, he just dumped fish food all over the floor and the dog is frantically lickin it up
Devoted and Gorgeous DH CJ
monicadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:10 AM   #118
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyScott View Post
I saw those but they're from LL and I'm worried they'll have the same shrinking issue as my other LLs--a bunch of my LL premiums ended up about 2" narrower than the rest of my premiums and barely fit around her hips.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:11 AM   #119
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by monicadd View Post
let see, i have my natural health and healing certification
my hypnosis cert
medic
working on cna and phelbotomy
then on to rn program in january
will be working on my doula inbetween too

:shew:
Awesome! I did my doula training and keep thinking about being a HypnoBabies instructor and a LC on top of the midwifery, but midwifery first. Maybe.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:12 AM   #120
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by princemelissas View Post
That's what I was thinking. Cause' if I send a doz to you, I would have to pay shipping to you, pay for you to dye them and pay shipping back to me.
exactly
RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote