Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-20-2009, 12:00 PM   #1
SarahOxley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I Couldn't Be Happier!!

We finally found a milk that my son can take and not throw up or get the runs from!! Goats milk. He finished a sippy of it this morning and has not thrown up!!! It's such a relief. He's had a problem with dairy since birth. He could have Pedisure but that costs a pretty penny. With goats milk I can get it with the WIC checks. It's so nice to know we have something we can use with him now. Hubby's not to happy about it. He thinks it's wrong to put him on goats milk. But I'm willing to try anything to make sure he gets the things he needs. DH will just have to deal!!! Again I'm just so happy !!! Thanks for reading this if you did and I hope everyone has as much luck as we have in solving this!!

Advertisement

Old 02-20-2009, 12:13 PM   #2
bobandjess99
Registered Users
seller

Re: I Couldn't Be Happier!!

congrats!
bobandjess99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:51 PM   #3
marusempai
Registered Users

My Mood:

What's wrong with goat's milk? I think your DH is confused. DD1 is a goat only girl too... she is allergic to cow's milk AND soy AND nuts, we are relieved she can have the goat, too! And it is so good for them!
marusempai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 04:19 PM   #4
taximom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Goats milk is so much better for you. So gentle on the stomach. How do you get it with WIC?
taximom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:10 PM   #5
SarahOxley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by taximom View Post
Goats milk is so much better for you. So gentle on the stomach. How do you get it with WIC?
It says right on the pamphlet that it covers goat milk in Iowa at least. I was so happy about it and wouldn't have even thought about it had I not seen it on there. They will also cover pedisure if you can get a script from the doc.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:13 PM   #6
SarahOxley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marusempai View Post
What's wrong with goat's milk? I think your DH is confused. DD1 is a goat only girl too... she is allergic to cow's milk AND soy AND nuts, we are relieved she can have the goat, too! And it is so good for them!
Yeah I know tell me about it right!! But he thinks it's crazy to drink it since it's from a goat . I tried to explain that it's no different then drinking something from a cow... But since the "norm" is cow I guess that's all he thought about (even though he can't drink it either). He's weird like that. I don't know why he complains, he wouldn't be caught using the WIC checks. I'm the only one who does it. And he should just be happy we found something that works.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:01 PM   #7
dkyle220
Registered Users

I'm glad you found something that worked. I grew up on goat's milk, for a while anyway.

Rumor has it then when my mother stopped getting it for me I had or tried to have the school call CPS on her for "neglecting my medical needs". I think I was a little too big for my pants. Anyway, to this day- I still don't drink cow's milk.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:16 AM   #8
jewelzbird
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

YAY!!! What a huge weight lifted from your shoulders! wooohhhooooo!
Old 02-21-2009, 09:37 AM   #9
cypress
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's great! I could never tolerate goat's milk but sure wish I could. All that wonderful cheese!
cypress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:58 AM   #10
SarahOxley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelzbird View Post
YAY!!! What a huge weight lifted from your shoulders! wooohhhooooo!
It sure seems like it!! It's so nice that it works. Now if only I can get my hubby to stop asking, "is that the goat milk?" It's like duh... what do you think haha. Honestly though. I'm just happy he can finally take something