Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2009, 08:15 AM   #31
MadeOfStars
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: *LOOKIE* My FS0T checklist for ALL Buyers & Sellers...Wanna Help?

I would also advise sellers to put both the name and the abbreviation/acronym in the listing. That way when I search for Blueberry One Size pockets, I don't have to search for BBOS and BB OS separately too. Same for things with multiple common spellings (minkee, minky)... I mean, you want people to find your stuff, right?

Advertisement

MadeOfStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:20 AM   #32
klc92201
Registered Users
seller

Oh, when I just did a search for BG it didn't even pull up bumgenius. I think it is very important to use the full descriptions as well as abriviations in your listings. I don't know what lots of things are and it is a pain to go and look it up when the next listing has it written out for me.

also, if you update your threads with pending and solds you won't get as many is it sold PM's.

So what is the definition of EUC and GUC etc. I think people think EUC is GUC around here. I have gotten some diapers that they said was EUC and it def was at best good but really it was just normal used condition. That is a huge pet peeve of mine. I too have issues with getting lied to about diapers, why. There is someone for everydiaper.

Heather
klc92201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:23 AM   #33
TuthGuru
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeOfStars View Post
I would also advise sellers to put both the name and the abbreviation/acronym in the listing. That way when I search for Blueberry One Size pockets, I don't have to search for BBOS and BB OS separately too. Same for things with multiple common spellings (minkee, minky)... I mean, you want people to find your stuff, right?
definitely true! if i'm listing a variety of brands/types, I do sometimes have to resort to all abbreviations in the title, but I will then make sure that I spell it out in the body so that searches either way should turn up my post. (As long as people aren't only searching titles)

Great suggestion......I'll go add now!

TuthGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:26 AM   #34
mada22
removed from FSOT for transaction issues

My Mood:

The two things that make me more likely to look and then to buy are having a good title and having pictures. Don't just put "PFs Cheap", put what size they are. As a newbie, I also might not know what size corresponds with which stitch color, so a size would be nice.

Oh, and if you've sold everything in a picture, why not delete the picture when you edit the post to say it's sold?
mada22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:22 AM   #35
TuthGuru
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mada22 View Post
The two things that make me more likely to look and then to buy are having a good title and having pictures. Don't just put "PFs Cheap", put what size they are. As a newbie, I also might not know what size corresponds with which stitch color, so a size would be nice.

Oh, and if you've sold everything in a picture, why not delete the picture when you edit the post to say it's sold?
I prefer (aside from marking an item sold) that sellers leave descriptions and photos as-is until I have had a chance to receive my item and leave feedback. That way, if there is a question by either party if the description was accurate, it can still be verified. I've starting doing "screen captures" on items I'm buying for that reason. This way, even if the seller deletes or edits, I can still refer to the post as it was when I agreed to buy.

TuthGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:09 AM   #36
brandylynn01
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuthGuru View Post
I prefer (aside from marking an item sold) that sellers leave descriptions and photos as-is until I have had a chance to receive my item and leave feedback. That way, if there is a question by either party if the description was accurate, it can still be verified. I've starting doing "screen captures" on items I'm buying for that reason. This way, even if the seller deletes or edits, I can still refer to the post as it was when I agreed to buy.
i agree...actually what i do is just put a link to photo and gray out the text and move all the sold items to the bottom
such as my current listing: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...33#post6252833
Old 02-21-2009, 11:44 AM   #37
messy mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: *LOOKIE* My FS0T checklist for ALL Buyers & Sellers *LOOKIE*

This is a great thread!!!

Please put decent pics of you items. Not so small that you can't even tell what color they are. And not so huge that you have to scroll sideways to see the whole thing.

I always let my buyers know that if they want better pics to please pm me and I will get them. When I've asked for better (close-up) pics, I've been ignored.

I've seen people ask if the seller had pics of a certain item (not just good pics, any pics). And the seller said, "Nope. No pics." Okay.

Thanks for the tip on pics w/ the macro setting. That will come in handy.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:00 PM   #38
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

be courteous - on both ends, buying and selling.

Sellers - If you took the time to put your items up on FSOT, then take the time to respond to people's questions and keep people updated.

Likewise Buyers - don't leave a mama hanging for hours or days when she has told you that there are other's interested but she is giving you first dibs because you contacted her first.

Unanswered PMs of any kind drive me BONKERS!!! so BE COURTEOUS!!!
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 12:21 PM   #39
YesYes
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Please put decent pics of you items. Not so small that you can't even tell what color they are. And not so huge that you have to scroll sideways to see the whole thing.
And for those who don't know, PhotoBucket is a fast, free, anonymous web site that makes it easy for you to resize your pictures for posting on FSOT.
YesYes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 12:39 PM   #40
MadeInChina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hate looking through Diaper Lots these days because so many posts just say, "Getting rid of my entire stash!" and that gives me no inkling as to what might possibly be in your stash. So putting actual names (or abbrevs) of stuff in said stash in the title is a huge must! I'll completely skip it otherwise.

Also, smoking is a huge one for me. I always say that we're a smoke-free home. And I always ask (if it's not posted) if the item is coming from a smoke-free home. I mean stinkies is one thing, but if I got an item in the mail that wreaked of cig smoke, I'd toss it right then and there or ship it back and demand my money back. Always always always inform buyers if you are a smoking home.

Also, I think that the EUC and GUC abbreviations should be completely done away with. I think I've started a thread on that topic. There's just no standard (as of yet) to what EUC truly means.

Thanks for all your hard work on this mama!!!