Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-20-2009, 06:25 PM   #1
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:
Baby's first crayons? *spam welcome*

I want to start teaching DD to color and draw. But she's still just as likely to try to chew the crayons, so I'd rather get some that I know are non-toxic and safe for her to put in her mouth.

Any thoughts on where I can get crayons I can trust a 16 month old with?

Advertisement

Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:37 PM   #2
smashncakes
Registered Users
Formerly: bren***this
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Baby's first crayons? *spam welcome*

Crayola is non-toxic and they make ones that have these really chunky (I think?) animal shaped grips on them to make it easier for little ones to hold them. They're called something like tadoodles. You can also search "crayons" on hyenacart and it brings up a bunch of them...nontoxic, shapes with different colors, all kinds of stuff.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:53 PM   #3
tonewinwy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Here's a link for tadoddles http://www.crayola.com/products/list.cfm?categories=BEGINNINGS,FIRST%20MARKS. My sister got some of these for her younger son for Christmas. He doesn't care for them he's picky about stuff. Your Daughter'll probably like them or whatever else you choose to get.
It's OK, next time I'll make you listen. I wish that it were in the power of all children to say that to their parents and to know that indeed they would be heard as we were in those wonderful days on Waltons Mountain.Narrator The Waltons (From the Runaway in Season 3 Eposide 4.)
tonewinwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:28 PM   #4
doodah
Registered Users
seller

Crayola also has those "color wonder" items that only work on certain paper. Sounds perfect for a toddler. They also have that set of markers that are sort of egg shaped but I don't know if it needs certain paper. What about bath time markers in the tub? Those they can just scribble on the bath tub wall and then you wash it off. Might be dangerous for some kids though if they don't understand that writing on the wall is okay in the tub on not the rest of the house!
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:28 PM   #5
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

We've always just used regular crayons and made sure that they stayed at the table. If they started to eat one, we said no very firmly and if they continued to try and eat them we would put them up for the time and try again later.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 02:52 AM   #6
LilyGrace
Registered Users

I like Stockmar.

They're made of beeswax, come in a couple of different forms (I like the blocks for the younger ones) and are very easy to write with. The only drawback is they are expensive (around $10 for a tin of 8) but they last sooooo long.