Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2009, 06:45 AM   #11
mrsdi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weekend BSRB! Its *stocking* day!

Good morning!
Last night's dinner was fabulous. We went to a Japanese/Thai restaurant and the food was amazing. They also made the most wonderful pear mojitos. Oh, they were so good.
We stopped at our friend's house after dinner and I got home around midnight. It was a nice night out. I haven't been out since C was first born, so this was a welcomed treat.

I have to leave for a hair appointment in 30 minutes, and C is still sleeping. She must have had a nice night with daddy. He said there was only one little accident last night...he gave her a bottle and she took a few sips, threw it on the floor, started laughing and licking her arm. He looked at her and she was soaking wet. The bottle had leaked all over her and he had to wash her, run around to find new PJs and start the bedtime routine all over again. Ooops.

So, I'm anxious to see what Joyce has in store for stocking this afternoon. I desperately need diapers. So, I will welcome customs. 2 would be ideal, but I will settle for 1. Any help is greatly appreciated!! I may even have to go for a single print or two just to ensure that diapers get back into my stash. I can't wait to see what she puts up!

Jenn--I hope you had a nice girl's night. Can't wait to hear about it.

Sara--Sounds like you had a busy busy day yesterday! At least X got to play with some babies and enjoy himself.

Shannon--Funny about DD pulling all of her BSRBs off the bookshelf. See, even the babies know how squishy soft they are.

Danielle--I love watching snow from the comfort of my warm couch. So nice you are getting some snuggle time.

Jaclyn--Sounds like a nice morning so far!

Ok, well C woke up in the middle of my post and I have a basket of laundry waiting for me to fold. I would like to fold it now so it's not waiting for me when I get home. I also need to get C dressed so that DH doesn't have to figure out what she's supposed to be wearing. He would leave her in her PJs and night diaper until I got home.

Advertisement

mrsdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:51 AM   #12
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2roo View Post
xhannon, did you put an offer in yet?
Not yet, we are waiting to talk to the ILs today/ tomorrow I think...not sure really. We can't apply for financing until March 1st and the realtor told us they are likely to not want to wait more than 3 days past the time they accept our offer for us to get financing so we are trying to hold out a couple more days even though its less than idea.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:52 AM   #13
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Someone needs to teach me how to do multiple quotes...always forget to respond to someone or something ....
Old 02-21-2009, 07:14 AM   #14
aranel7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2BabiesA&I View Post
For those that got doublers from Joyce, what did they cost? Did you just email her about them?
Sometimes she stocks them and it costs $10 + shipping when she stocks them in her store. I'm sure you could also email her about them and she could whip some up for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2BabiesA&I View Post
Not yet, we are waiting to talk to the ILs today/ tomorrow I think...not sure really. We can't apply for financing until March 1st and the realtor told us they are likely to not want to wait more than 3 days past the time they accept our offer for us to get financing so we are trying to hold out a couple more days even though its less than idea.
What I would do is make the offer with the stipulation that you will not be applying for financing until next week. You're right that it's less than ideal so that will be something for the sellers to consider, but at least it puts your offer out there. That's just my though, FWIW.

I'll be back in a minute . . . of course the minute I open the computer Juliana wakes up!

Everyday Gourmet with Jennifer Grady Mallowes
aranel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:22 AM   #15
serendipity10410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hello! your friendly neighborhood enabler here

sustainablebabyish aka sloomb.com is having their seconds sale right now! get 'em while they're hot if you like interlock wool...

and not-so- newbie L 11/10

serendipity10410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:24 AM   #16
amyrenee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning! Eva said she wanted booboos so I go all ready with my computer and the boppy but now she's playing with Grampa

Last night DBF decided we should go out to dinner. Well after thirty minutes of driving around finding a place to eat, Eva fell asleep. So we drove home, put her in bed and Gramma and Grampa stayed home so DBF and I could go out to dinner!!! It's a rare occasion we get to spend alone time. We ate Mexican and had big yummy margaritas!

Di- I'm glad you had a yummy night!

Jenn- It's a mothers luck when she sits down to relax and the baby needs her. ...It's the story of my life.

p.s. Where is Chasity????

Last edited by amyrenee; 02-21-2009 at 07:29 AM.
amyrenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:39 AM   #17
serendipity10410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wanted to say thanks to Starla for your encouragement last night re: my weight issues. It seemed like everyone else avoided me on that issue I agree about the wii fit, and that is why i have not bought it yet. I mean, I am sure i have some old cardio DVDs here, and i do not use them, so what makes me think i would use the wii fit? LOL. Also, i agree that it is not enough of a workout. I figure if nothing else, once the warmer weather hits, I can be out walking with X every morning like we used to. And WW does have a program for Type 2 diabetics, but i am pretty sure they do not take Type 1's. My doctors in the past have said that I could lie to them about it . Truly, it is none of their business, and i would not hold them liable for anything that happened due to my condition anyway, KWIM?
I have actually thought about joining them before, but i am not much of a "joiner" IYKWIM. Plus, I am cheap and i have trouble convincing myself to pay for something i *should* be able to take care of on my own. We'll see how the next month goes before i decide.

Shannon, sorry the VBSN did not work out for you last night. Who doesn't approve of it? Your DS? Is he choosy about his diapers? My vote is still for the TIANs, but it could take you a month to accumulate 6 more of them not to mention the hit in the wallet.

Di, i am glad you had fun last night! I am jealous, so i might have to try that sometime

Danielle,
X and I love watching the snow fall too THat's so sweet.

Good morning Jenn and Jaclyn too

We are being boring this weekend (again). I had enough "fun" yesterday to last me through today, i think. I am still pretty tired. It was super-fun though. Here are a few pics of our playdate.. I may go out today and get X some new toys. He really took to the little tonka trucks at his buddy's house, so i think i want some for home now too

X going up the slide...

Here are all three boys trying to claim the fort as their own!! haha. It's so cute to watch them together.

Old 02-21-2009, 07:43 AM   #18
aranel7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok, so here's the story of my girls night out. It was a FABULOUS time. And because it sounds like a lot of other BSRB mamas had a fabulous time out with no kids last night too

We started the night with dinner at a semi-trendy restaurant in town. SIL and BF's wife were joining us for dinner but they did not want to go to a club so instead of having dinner in Boston we compromised and stayed around here for it. At first I was disappointed about that but it wound up working out great. BF's wife recommended the place we went and it was AMAZING. I had seared tuna crusted with peppercorns in a soy glaze and all I have to say is It was delicious. The prices were semi-reasonable too for the kind of place it was. We definitely couldn't have gotten away for that little money if we would have eaten in Boston. We stayed at dinner for about 3 hours, then myself and my best friend and one of her friends went into Boston for some clubs. It couldn't have been a better time. We were dancing the whole time from the minute we walked in so we didn't even really drink that much. My friend's friend is just like us in every way; younger than everyone else, a SAHM to a boy and a girl who are the same ages as our kids, and her husband seems JUST LIKE our husbands. Needless to say, she and I hit it off right away. We danced the night away in the most care free way possible. There were no kids around, there were no husbands around . . . it was wonderful. I mean, I enjoy going out with DH a lot too, but especially at a club I kind of wanted to get my little freak on a little, and I had a built in dance partner that DH approved of last night We got hit on by one group of guys but surprisingly, the minute we told them we were married they were like "Oh I'm so sorry". One guy still offered to buy us a drink with no strings attached but we declined. We left prior to closing time (read: no traffic getting out of Boston) and when I got home DH's friend was still there so we chatted awhile. He had had his friend over for "boys night in" where they drank a bunch of beers and played video games (the absolute height of enjoyment for my DH). We were rolling into bed around 2am and just like every other time I've ever gone out, Juliana's "mommy's home" radar kicked in and she did a rare nightwaking. We brought her into our room and changed her poopy pants (also rare for her) and then I took her into her room and rocked her for a bit and she was totally in the zone because she was yawning her little head off. It was the perfect ending to a perfect night honestly. I guess only a bunch of other mothers could understand how rocking my baby back to sleep would be the perfect ending to a night of clubbing

So . . . . it was a great night but I have more to say about the toxic company of SIL last night. I just think this little novel has gone on long enough, so I'll come back with that in a minute.

Oh, and I'm ready to help you with customs today Di!

Everyday Gourmet with Jennifer Grady Mallowes
aranel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:43 AM   #19
serendipity10410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Amy! I am so happy you and DBF were able to have a fun night alone with margaritas!! It's fun being 21, isn't it?

Old 02-21-2009, 07:51 AM   #20
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipity10410 View Post

Shannon, sorry the VBSN did not work out for you last night. Who doesn't approve of it? Your DS? Is he choosy about his diapers? My vote is still for the TIANs, but it could take you a month to accumulate 6 more of them not to mention the hit in the wallet.
X is so cute!

The VBSN is something *DS* doesn't like....I am not sure why though, I think maybe the sergering? I think they are soft and they absorb a good deal but still need a doubler for DS...which doesn't surprise me at all! He is a super heavy wetter.

I am going to keep using them for a few more nights to see if I can get him to just agree with them....