Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-22-2009, 08:09 PM   #681
mrsdi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weekend BSRB! Its *stocking* day!

Jenn--I'm coming to your house. I am forbidden to even say the word 'pedicure' in this house...or feet. DH would vomit.

Advertisement

mrsdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:10 PM   #682
serendipity10410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aranel7 View Post
When I stop at the mailbox on the way out and there's fluffy mail in there, I open it and seat it next to me on the passenger seat so I can bask in its wonderfulness My sister is the only one who has ever witnessed this little display and she was happy to let the fluff ride on her lap

Soo . . . I just gave DH a pedicure, and now my own feet are soaking. DH's feet are HUGE and they get so much dead skin it's appalling, and he claims that it hurts him. One time I offered to pumice his feet and the rest is history. Tonight he paid me back by filling the foot tub after I was done with him so that I could do my own pedicure. I'm far too particular and anal retentive though to let him pumice my feet. In fact, I shudder just thinking about it
about fluffymail.

And if you could fill the foot tub for me, too, i will be right over for a desperately needed pedi THanks!

and not-so- newbie L 11/10

serendipity10410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:10 PM   #683
serendipity10410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdi View Post
Jenn--I'm coming to your house. I am forbidden to even say the word 'pedicure' in this house...or feet. DH would vomit.

Old 02-22-2009, 08:11 PM   #684
mrsdi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Pedis at Jenn's!! Hot tub and champagne after!!

Old 02-22-2009, 08:14 PM   #685
serendipity10410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ok, mamas. I have a headache. I am heading to

So far so good with X sleeping I would be soooooo happy to do away with the nighttime bottles first! I hear that can be the most difficult habit to break. And I am extra happy because i was able to brush his teeth after dinner, and he did not have milk after, so his mouth is super-clean for overnight! I have awful teeth, and i am hoping to make sure he does not suffer the same fate as me. i still forget to brush my teeth sometimes but X certainly gets his brushed

Goodnight all! See you in the morning.

Old 02-22-2009, 08:15 PM   #686
serendipity10410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Whoa! Champagne too! I'll skip bedtime for that Diana, you *are* bad!

Old 02-22-2009, 08:18 PM   #687
mrsdi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Night, Sara! Ok, now I feel like a bad mommy for not brushing C's teeth. DH has awful teeth, but mine are stellar. I hope she takes after me.
If you have success with this nighttime bottle thing, you may just inspire me.
Tomorrow I am planning on eliminating one bottle. Perhaps it will be that very one.

Old 02-22-2009, 08:24 PM   #688
aranel7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
You know what is REALLY funny? I am SO disgusted by feet. I can't stand other people's feet and I REALLY can't stand having my own feet touched. I mean, I think I have cute feet and I can touch them myself, but I can't have anyone else touch them. I tell DH all the time that it is a real testament of how much I love him that I'm willing to pedicure him

Quote:
And, uh, maybe we should get some male exotic dancers too while we're really indulging. Or rather . . . to take a cue from the book "P*rn for Women" and get some attractive, shirtless men to show us HTF diaper cuts, skeins of yarn, BSRBs and knit shorties for our buying pleasure while we soak in the hot tub

Everyday Gourmet with Jennifer Grady Mallowes
aranel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:25 PM   #689
starla79
Registered Users
seller

Holy moly you guys have been talkative today! I'm glad i missed the SP stocking, i woulda been all over *something*. Especially since i sold my papasan swing and am now $50 richer, on top of selling a couple of my diapers. I keep checking out FSOT and i am such a diaper slut... i want one of everything.

I've hardly touched the laptop today... D let us sleep in so we missed the early church service, so rob got up with him and started breakfast and all that. Went to church, went to kroger, came home, cleaned, cleaned some more, went to target, home, fed D dinner, made dinner for ourselves, put him down, and now i finally have a few minutes to sit down! Of course, it's in the bathroom, with the laptop, since something set my stomach off... :/

D was sweaty the first time i fed him and then slept great all night... woke up a couple times to eat and slept until 7:30, and then played in his crib quietly until 8... i can't remember the last time he slept that late. Needless to say he was acting just fine today... wasn't napping worth a hoot again but i think it's because his room isn't dark enough. Of course, tonight... same thing. Go to put him to bed and he's hot, got a temperature of 101.6ish. WTF? We gave him some more ibuprofin and i'm going to talk to the dr tomorrow and see what's up. He's been a little prince so it sure as heck doesn't seem like he's sick.

I feel bad for all you mamas with the crummy hubbies. Rob is great... i let him have it a couple times today but we sorted it out and i feel bad for yelling at him after seeing some of the stuff you guys put up with. I even told him that I felt bad. He may irritate me but he does try hard, and i think with both of us working full-time we work harder to keep it 'even'... it isn't always but i chewed his *** about it and we're both trying harder to share the burden. I need to just hire a housekeeper one of these years. It's harder with the ferrets to take care of too.

Fun story: we were cleaning and I was looking at all the debris on the floor (when you have wood floors you notice dirt faster, which annoys me) and i was like, alright, we're getting another swiffer vac (we have one in the ferret room but i'm not dragging it back and forth between floors... not happening). Rob's eyes get big and he looks at me and goes "I was just thinking that! I've been wanting another one for a month but i keep forgetting." And i'm like, you're kidding me, i've been thinking the same thing for at least a few weeks. But i keep forgetting too every time we're shopping! So we finally have another swiffer vac, it just cracks me up that we were thinking the exact same thing for weeks and never said a word about it to each other until today.

Anyway, enough yapping... time for bed. Hope everyone has a good night.
I'm Megan, Rob is my husband, Draven is my boy, born 3/14/08. Expecting #2 in early March. Where have all the BSRBs gone?
starla79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:33 PM   #690
mrsdi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aranel7 View Post
You know what is REALLY funny? I am SO disgusted by feet. I can't stand other people's feet and I REALLY can't stand having my own feet touched. I mean, I think I have cute feet and I can touch them myself, but I can't have anyone else touch them. I tell DH all the time that it is a real testament of how much I love him that I'm willing to pedicure him

And, uh, maybe we should get some male exotic dancers too while we're really indulging. Or rather . . . to take a cue from the book "P*rn for Women" and get some attractive, shirtless men to show us HTF diaper cuts, skeins of yarn, BSRBs and knit shorties for our buying pleasure while we soak in the hot tub
DH would never want me near his feet. Wait, I lied. He asks me to massage them every once in a great while, and he runs and puts clean socks on for me to do so.

about the men finding us all of that yummy CD stuff!! Hilarious!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starla79 View Post
Holy moly you guys have been talkative today! I'm glad i missed the SP stocking, i woulda been all over *something*. Especially since i sold my papasan swing and am now $50 richer, on top of selling a couple of my diapers. I keep checking out FSOT and i am such a diaper slut... i want one of everything.

I've hardly touched the laptop today... D let us sleep in so we missed the early church service, so rob got up with him and started breakfast and all that. Went to church, went to kroger, came home, cleaned, cleaned some more, went to target, home, fed D dinner, made dinner for ourselves, put him down, and now i finally have a few minutes to sit down! Of course, it's in the bathroom, with the laptop, since something set my stomach off... :/

D was sweaty the first time i fed him and then slept great all night... woke up a couple times to eat and slept until 7:30, and then played in his crib quietly until 8... i can't remember the last time he slept that late. Needless to say he was acting just fine today... wasn't napping worth a hoot again but i think it's because his room isn't dark enough. Of course, tonight... same thing. Go to put him to bed and he's hot, got a temperature of 101.6ish. WTF? We gave him some more ibuprofin and i'm going to talk to the dr tomorrow and see what's up. He's been a little prince so it sure as heck doesn't seem like he's sick.

I feel bad for all you mamas with the crummy hubbies. Rob is great... i let him have it a couple times today but we sorted it out and i feel bad for yelling at him after seeing some of the stuff you guys put up with. I even told him that I felt bad. He may irritate me but he does try hard, and i think with both of us working full-time we work harder to keep it 'even'... it isn't always but i chewed his *** about it and we're both trying harder to share the burden. I need to just hire a housekeeper one of these years. It's harder with the ferrets to take care of too.

Fun story: we were cleaning and I was looking at all the debris on the floor (when you have wood floors you notice dirt faster, which annoys me) and i was like, alright, we're getting another swiffer vac (we have one in the ferret room but i'm not dragging it back and forth between floors... not happening). Rob's eyes get big and he looks at me and goes "I was just thinking that! I've been wanting another one for a month but i keep forgetting." And i'm like, you're kidding me, i've been thinking the same thing for at least a few weeks. But i keep forgetting too every time we're shopping! So we finally have another swiffer vac, it just cracks me up that we were thinking the exact same thing for weeks and never said a word about it to each other until today.

Anyway, enough yapping... time for bed. Hope everyone has a good night.
I shouldn't have made DH sound like a creep today. He is good, just selfish with the sleeping. I truly 100% believe that if I were to WOHM, he would be a totally different person. However, he really takes me being a SAHM to whole new level. That's my only gripe. It's a biggie, though.

That's so great that you and Rob were on the same page with the swiffer vac, but didn't even realize it until today. for getting a 2nd one!!

about D and his before-bed fevers. I wonder what it could be?

Ok, mamas...I'm off to bed, too. I keep shopping around for things I don't need. I just found that E2 Designs is stocking a custom slot for a pinafore/shorties set tomorrow at noon. The price is reasonable..I'm sure it's cheaper than what that auction slot is going to go for....but do I really need it?