Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2009, 11:56 AM   #121
~Peach~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Just Can't Get Enough --of Wool -- Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmofthree View Post
Do any of you wonderful ladies want to give me some encouragement? I'm a newbie knitter, and so far I've only learned how to cast on, and how to knit and purl. I'm working on a scarf for my son, just by knitting the whole thing up to get some practice with it and get my hands to loosen up and do what they're supposed to be doing. I figured I"m doing really well, so I bought the sheepy pants pattern and looked it over, and now I'm so discouraged! I don't know what most of it means, and I have no one to help me. I can't even go to any knitting classes as I'm on my own with all four kids while my dh works away, with no babysitters. I ordered some Circs, but the lady just phoned and said they're on backorder and they wont' ship for 2-3 weeks. Is it really as difficult as it looks? I have no idea how some of the ladies go from just learning to knitting their first pair of longies within a couple weeks, as I can't even figure out what the directions mean.

Anyone want to fly to my house for a weekend and give me a quick tutorial? I wish there was a video of someone knitting a pair from start to finish that I could follow. LOL, I'm definitely a visual learner!
If you were in windsor Id tell you to cross the border . Im about 20 minutes from the tunnel and the bridge.

Advertisement

Sakura Knit YYMN giveaway at 100 fans!
~Peach~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:58 AM   #122
AmberS
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Do any of you wonderful ladies want to give me some encouragement? I'm a newbie knitter, and so far I've only learned how to cast on, and how to knit and purl. I'm working on a scarf for my son, just by knitting the whole thing up to get some practice with it and get my hands to loosen up and do what they're supposed to be doing. I figured I"m doing really well, so I bought the sheepy pants pattern and looked it over, and now I'm so discouraged! I don't know what most of it means, and I have no one to help me. I can't even go to any knitting classes as I'm on my own with all four kids while my dh works away, with no babysitters. I ordered some Circs, but the lady just phoned and said they're on backorder and they wont' ship for 2-3 weeks. Is it really as difficult as it looks? I have no idea how some of the ladies go from just learning to knitting their first pair of longies within a couple weeks, as I can't even figure out what the directions mean.

Anyone want to fly to my house for a weekend and give me a quick tutorial? I wish there was a video of someone knitting a pair from start to finish that I could follow. LOL, I'm definitely a visual learner!

knittinghelp.com is a wonderful tutorial!! Really you can do it!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybenz View Post
okay, hopefully this will work... here's a pic of the neckwarmer....

gorgeous!!!
AmberS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:59 AM   #123
~Peach~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

http://hyenacart.com/VinhThiDesigns/index.php?p=18984

Sakura Knit YYMN giveaway at 100 fans!
~Peach~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 12:00 PM   #124
AmberS
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wow! Looks like no ones kiddos slept well last night- mine included. E woke up early for a feeding at midnight and woke up T, and DH was out so I had to have all the girls in bed with me.... Then at 2 E woke up again to eat so I took her to DH who was on the couch and made him give her a bottle & sleep in the basement with her, while I 'slept' with a whirling toddler, dog & cat....

I did finish the Tree Frog shorties which I just think is an awesome colorway
AmberS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 12:02 PM   #125
Shaineinok
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybenz View Post
okay, hopefully this will work... here's a pic of the neckwarmer....
So pretty!

Quote:

I live way to far to help in person. But your welcome to ask my any questions. I will try and help you. I recommend knittinghelp.com highly. Thats how I learned. Also if your real stuck go to a local yarn store and ask them. They will help you, and you will find some neat goodies to buy.
Shaineinok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 12:03 PM   #126
sahmofthree
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Peach~ View Post
If you were in windsor Id tell you to cross the border . Im about 20 minutes from the tunnel and the bridge.
I wish! I'm waaay out in AB. I've been watching all the videos on knittinghelp, the short rows and the gusset sound very confusing and scary though!
Old 02-21-2009, 12:03 PM   #127
mhaddon
Registered Users
seller

Love the neckwarmer! I was thinking the boys really need one of these... but I wonder if it is too late already?

Ok so I finished the Pilot cap and think it is cute on Bailey Here it is!

And b/c the three of them together never ever happens, this was an exciting picture to snap
mhaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 12:08 PM   #128
sahmofthree
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm sure I'll find it a bit easier once I get going. Until I get my Circs though, all I'm doing is reading over the pattern and confusing myself!
Old 02-21-2009, 12:13 PM   #129
kimanne4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaddon View Post
Love the neckwarmer! I was thinking the boys really need one of these... but I wonder if it is too late already?

Ok so I finished the Pilot cap and think it is cute on Bailey Here it is!

And b/c the three of them together never ever happens, this was an exciting picture to snap

gorgeous pictures!!
Old 02-21-2009, 12:22 PM   #130
Little Bear Momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Melissa...beautiful children!!

~ also at FRESH on the 9th on the 9s ~
blogging here --->

Little Bear Momma is offline   Reply With Quote