Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2009, 07:45 AM   #41
iheartruiner
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Just Can't Get Enough --of Wool -- Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by devholan View Post
Thanks Maggie. And thanks to all of you. OK, no more gusset talk so I don't kill the thread. I'm closing my legs.

Aimee, sometimes you let so many of the little things go that just one more comes along and it's the last one.

I need more coffee. I only made enough for our two cups.

Advertisement

GalleryBlogFan Page!
iheartruiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:46 AM   #42
ladybenz
following my heart to the art

My Mood:

Quote:
Thanks Maggie. And thanks to all of you. OK, no more gusset talk so I don't kill the thread. I'm closing my legs.

Aimee, sometimes you let so many of the little things go that just one more comes along and it's the last one.
[dirty mind]

*snort*

[/dirty mind]
ladybenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:49 AM   #43
devholan
knit wit
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartruiner View Post
His mother never let him touch things growing up, so I blame her for being a traditionalist. He seriously doesn't know better. Love my MIL, hate the way that they've raised their kids.
Same here, b/c in South America there was a housekeeper. grrr. Philip is super helpful but in the kitchen, not so much.

So here's where I snapped last night: after a week of solo parenting, my DH called me from the bottom of the slopes yesterday where he was sitting in the sun, drinking a beer and waiting for his cheese plate. Here I was, battling naps and not getting to eat much at dinner b/c it's Jessica's clingy time. And when I told him about a challenge, he joked about how I wanted to have two kids. I jumped the Grand Canyon of conclusions, took it to mean that he was saying I couldn't even handle one, and broke down. Poor guy. Yup, snapped at him, which I hardly ever do.

Come see our new store at BLUE GRASS BABY
devholan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:58 AM   #44
amyruth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodiejake View Post
morning!! I am exhausted!! DD slept a total of 2 hours last night. Darn those shots!!!!!!!!!!
We had a rough night too. I slept on my 2yo floor with him and my hips are killing me now. but I did get more than 2 hours of sleep at least... I hope you can get a nap in today!!

Quote:
I think I'm getting it. I'm pretty sure my problem is that I have both sides of the gusset on humongo stitch holders so even trying to work around them is impossible. I think I see where I can pick up stitches but I need to get the ends of the stitch holders out of the way. I'll just replace with scrap yarn and see if that helps.

I know I'm going to feel so silly once this is done.
It's hard to visualize the first few times, really. As others have said, it's a lot easier (for me at least) to close the gusset first and then you can just pick up stitches all the way across the edge of the gusset and have no gaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybenz View Post
y'all my hubby is driving me mad this morning. He cleaned the kitchen after dinner last night--sweet, right? Except that I'd already done most of the work, so he just wiped down the counters.

So, I'm cooking breakfast for the boys and he comes in and makes some snarky remark about me making a mess of "his clean kitchen"

I could not help myself. I snarked back. I said "I'm supposed to starve our kids because you picked up a sponge?"

Why do I rise to the bait? Why don't I just ignore it when he says stuff like that?

Quote:
Same here, b/c in South America there was a housekeeper. grrr. Philip is super helpful but in the kitchen, not so much.

So here's where I snapped last night: after a week of solo parenting, my DH called me from the bottom of the slopes yesterday where he was sitting in the sun, drinking a beer and waiting for his cheese plate. Here I was, battling naps and not getting to eat much at dinner b/c it's Jessica's clingy time. And when I told him about a challenge, he joked about how I wanted to have two kids. I jumped the Grand Canyon of conclusions, took it to mean that he was saying I couldn't even handle one, and broke down. Poor guy. Yup, snapped at him, which I hardly ever do.
It's hard to be a single mom! You get no break at all. I hope he figures that out when you go out tomorrow for the day! Just ask him if he had fun when you get home. And ask why the house is a mess.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:00 AM   #45
amyruth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi everyone!!

Well I'm knitting a Knox hood to go with the WT longies as a gift for my friend. But I'm having trouble visualizing how this hat goes together! I also had to modify the # of stitches as I am using a bulky yarn and the pattern calls for 6spi on 5's. Well I'm doing probably 3spi on 7's so I have 50sts instead of the 88 (sizing up for 1+ year). I really hope this doesn't come out wonky as i have to change all of the math.

But when I c/o where am I starting? It's confusing the heck out of me. I think it's at the bottom of the neck?
Old 02-21-2009, 08:16 AM   #46
Shaineinok
Registered Users
seller

I don't know Amy. I havn't done that one.
Shaineinok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:19 AM   #47
devholan
knit wit
seller

My Mood:

I am such a child. Take a look at the Spots yarn page and scroll down to the listing for Cotton Chenille - huge lot. http://hyenacart.com/Spots_corner/in...&submit=Search

Does that picture remind you of anything? Maybe b/c I've been staring at gussets all morning, or b/c I have a dirty mind, but the combo of the yarns and the word huge has me

Old 02-21-2009, 08:21 AM   #48
MollyJones
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Dev. You're silly!

I have 3 longies coming from Cheryl... RSK snowgirl & cupcake... and her Choclate Rainbow set.

It'll be a good fluffler day!
Old 02-21-2009, 08:25 AM   #49
ladybenz
following my heart to the art

My Mood:

Somebody please log into my paypal account and change the password.

This is insane. I need an intervention.

I just bought this:
http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction...on_id=14016100
ladybenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:30 AM   #50
devholan
knit wit
seller

My Mood:

I'd like to help you out, Aimee, but instead I followed that link and almost started shopping!

very pretty yarn. is it for your shop?