Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2009, 10:01 AM   #61
Little Bear Momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Just Can't Get Enough --of Wool -- Saturday

Oh Kristi...you're killing me...
http://hyenacart.com/prod_details_pp...815&vid=200001
Where is Kristi btw? I miss her.

Advertisement

~ also at FRESH on the 9th on the 9s ~
blogging here --->

Little Bear Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:03 AM   #62
mlandorf
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyJones View Post
Dev. You're silly!

I have 3 longies coming from Cheryl... RSK snowgirl & cupcake... and her Choclate Rainbow set.

It'll be a good fluffler day!
Yeah Molly and E!!!
mlandorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:11 AM   #63
devholan
knit wit
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma'sMommy View Post
Oh Kristi...you're killing me...
http://hyenacart.com/prod_details_pp...815&vid=200001
Where is Kristi btw? I miss her.
Yes, that's Kristi. They are beautiful!

And I totally miss her.

Come see our new store at BLUE GRASS BABY
devholan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:19 AM   #64
netgirl1001
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma'sMommy View Post

Peek for us please?
Dying here...lol...peek please?

hmmm, but that will ruin the surprise
maybe in a few days huh..
Old 02-21-2009, 10:31 AM   #65
angelica
Registered Users
seller

Whew! I just typed up a long rant about my husband, but now I feel better and deleted it all. So, instead I can talk about knitting! I started some shorties in Selah's "Pan" last night. I am really loving all of the colors in this colorway! I still have "Winterhaven" waiting to be finished, but I just cannot decide what I want to do with the legs. They were looking a little tight so I started increasing, and now I am not sure if I want these to be capris or longies. They have a cute little flare below the knee now, but I don't want to go too crazy and have some huge bell bottoms. Well, I am off to try to clean dog poop out of my almost white carpet. That was part of the rant. Did I mention that there is poop everywhere (I have Great Danes), and I think the baby is going to start crawling any day now? Grrrr. I am thisclose to ripping out all of the carpet down to the concrete floors.
angelica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:41 AM   #66
capizzi0
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Morning Mamas I am SOOOOOOO glad that I popped in here this morning! I have been having a horrible time with my gussets and the picking up stitches and it had really discouraged me to the point that I haven't even started a new project yet (I gave up on that EB Eileen). I now realize that I had no idea how to pick up stitches and was just knitting into whatever I could find along the side of the gusset and it was ending up hideous and holey. This makes so much sense! Thank you all for explaining it so well! I am still waiting on all my shorties yarn (lots of cestari from MM coop, some from TIG, and some marr haven from DBK) and my 12" circs (because I am so done with ML) but now I am really excited to take on my next pair! I no longer have to dread that part!
Old 02-21-2009, 10:46 AM   #67
shandi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning all
I wasn't around much yesterday since I wasn't feeling that hot, so hope to be around more today
We have to do the giant Costco run today though, joy, that always seems to cost a fortune!

Quote:
Originally Posted by devholan View Post
It's sinking in. But, I still don't quite see on mine where to insert the needle to pick up the stitches:

b/c the stitches for the legs and the stitches for the gusset intersect, right? So if I were to take my 12" circs and knit in the round, I don't quite get if I'm trying to work in the very corner where my red stitches running vertically and my red stitches running horizontally (from the gusset) meet?

(sorry I've turned this into the gusset thread today)
Dev, did you figure it out?? You got lots of great advice!
I asked the same question the other day and only got only a couple responses, noboby loves me
I couldn't see for the life of me where to pick up the stitches either because the leg stitches end and the gusset stitches begin right next to them. I thought I was going insane!

So I grafted the gusset first and then then I could totally see!!!! I'd try that, it was so much easier.
I'll figure out how without grafting another day I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devholan View Post
I am such a child. Take a look at the Spots yarn page and scroll down to the listing for Cotton Chenille - huge lot. http://hyenacart.com/Spots_corner/in...&submit=Search

Does that picture remind you of anything? Maybe b/c I've been staring at gussets all morning, or b/c I have a dirty mind, but the combo of the yarns and the word huge has me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyJones View Post
Dev. You're silly!

I have 3 longies coming from Cheryl... RSK snowgirl & cupcake... and her Choclate Rainbow set.

It'll be a good fluffler day!
Oooh, now that will be a great fluffy day
Did you see my Licorice Bats pics? I think you decided that you wanted them, and I had bought them the night before
Old 02-21-2009, 10:47 AM   #68
AidynElyMama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Morning all! I won't be around too much today, I have to finish a bolero and get started on a pair of MM scrappy shorties. I did manage to finish off of skein of handspun last night, maybe I'll post some pics later when it has dried out.

Paula I showed the pic you sent me to my husband, and he said, "Wow, now that one I can actually see how you like, those colors are really pretty." He says some of the colorways I like are just ugly to him, but apparently he really likes that one. And then I told him what it was and he didn't believe me because the version that I knit up was so much lighter than that would be spun up. He said he prefers the brighter one as well, go figure.
AidynElyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:50 AM   #69
amyruth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelica View Post
Well, I am off to try to clean dog poop out of my almost white carpet. That was part of the rant. Did I mention that there is poop everywhere (I have Great Danes), and I think the baby is going to start crawling any day now? Grrrr. I am thisclose to ripping out all of the carpet down to the concrete floors.
This is worth every penny!!!!!!!!!! Bissell Spot Bot

I see they have a pet one too but haven't used that. This works great for everything - kid's spills, cat puke...
Old 02-21-2009, 10:51 AM   #70
Teeniebean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good morning! I am feeling awful today - my back is very sore and it hurts to move.

I don't know what I am doing today - probably homework. This week was spring break, but it wasn't a break at all. I have a lab due next week, and my partner has made me spend 2 whole days in town working on it, and now she wants to meet on Sunday or Monday also. She works though, so it has to be after 4pm. That doesn't really work for me at all, especially since I have to drive nearly an hour each way, not to mention miss dinner and putting Josie to bed. Seriously, I am so frustrated, because I have 3 other assignments, a presentation, and a midterm next week, so I would like to work on some of those, too.

Ugh, sorry for the rant. I've been way out of sorts this week, I ran out of Celexa last weekend, and the comedown has been very hard. Thank goodness my prescription was renewed yesterday.