Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-01-2006, 03:05 PM   #11
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ear infections

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKM View Post
My ped told me that it usually is heriditary, but over Thanksgiving I asked my mom and mother and law and neither my husband or I had ear infections as children, so I'm a little confused about why DS does.
Our ENT said that 95% of his kids have at least one parent that had to have them/or had serious ear problems as a child. That leaves 5% that just have the issues anyways.

As a pp said, it's how the ear is set up. Doesn't have anything to do with what we do/don't do.

Advertisement

Old 12-01-2006, 05:44 PM   #12
Carrie
Registered Users

Are their any downsides to the tubes? My twins are 2 on Sunday. They've only had one ear infection each that was diagnosed, and that was just because I took them in for pinkeye and they had fluid in the ears too. Their ears never seemed to bother them at all. Since they started daycare they've had little colds and slight fevers on an off, so I guess maybe ear infections too. I don't take them in for that sort of thing, so I really don't know. As I understand the antibiotics are not necessary unless the infection is "red hot" so I do not worry too much. I guess I'm just saying that if there is no real downside to the tubes other than the procedure I wouldn't object--especially if it would save DC the discomfort.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:34 PM   #13
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I gave my son a herbal antibiotic and he hasn't had any since. I will link you to my thread. Pm me if you need details.

DOULA in training!

HCG Diet works! Ask me how.
greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 06:36 PM   #14
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...ad.php?t=40549

DOULA in training!

HCG Diet works! Ask me how.
greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 07:07 PM   #15
mom2kailinconnor
'Cuz inside out is wiggity wiggity wiggity whack!
seller

My Mood:

I think we may end up going down this road with ds. DD has only ever had one ear infection and is 2 1/2. Ds has had one diagnosed, and I am pretty sure he has another now. I had horrible problems as a kid, probably 1 a month.

I would likely get a 2nd opinion from and ENT just to feel better and then if tubes were recommended, I would do it.
mom2kailinconnor is offline   Reply With Quote