Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2006, 03:05 PM   #11
JustAugust's Avatar
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cloud 9
Posts: 12,049
My Mood:
Re: Ear infections

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKM View Post
My ped told me that it usually is heriditary, but over Thanksgiving I asked my mom and mother and law and neither my husband or I had ear infections as children, so I'm a little confused about why DS does.
Our ENT said that 95% of his kids have at least one parent that had to have them/or had serious ear problems as a child. That leaves 5% that just have the issues anyways.

As a pp said, it's how the ear is set up. Doesn't have anything to do with what we do/don't do.

Advertisement

__________________
Tiffany, Mama to the incredible JM (3.25.06) , NC (7.28.10) and EH (9.23.13)
We don't vaccinate, we kept our sons intact, we use cloth diapers, we co-sleep, we extended RF, we breastfeed, but we watch too much tv and I totally dig plastic! Everyone has their issues, lol.
JustAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 05:44 PM   #12
Carrie's Avatar
Carrie
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 690
Re: Ear infections

Are their any downsides to the tubes? My twins are 2 on Sunday. They've only had one ear infection each that was diagnosed, and that was just because I took them in for pinkeye and they had fluid in the ears too. Their ears never seemed to bother them at all. Since they started daycare they've had little colds and slight fevers on an off, so I guess maybe ear infections too. I don't take them in for that sort of thing, so I really don't know. As I understand the antibiotics are not necessary unless the infection is "red hot" so I do not worry too much. I guess I'm just saying that if there is no real downside to the tubes other than the procedure I wouldn't object--especially if it would save DC the discomfort.
__________________
Carrie (28), wife to Mark (31), mama to identical twin cuties Ethan and Ryan (27 mo.)
Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 06:34 PM   #13
greenkmt's Avatar
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Missouri
Posts: 2,067
My Mood:
Re: Ear infections

I gave my son a herbal antibiotic and he hasn't had any since. I will link you to my thread. Pm me if you need details.
__________________
Misti- Mommy to my smart, HSed, BFed, PLed, healthy eating, 4 year old Mamma's boy.

DOULA in training!

HCG Diet works! Ask me how.
greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 06:36 PM   #14
greenkmt's Avatar
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Missouri
Posts: 2,067
My Mood:
Re: Ear infections

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...ad.php?t=40549
__________________
Misti- Mommy to my smart, HSed, BFed, PLed, healthy eating, 4 year old Mamma's boy.

DOULA in training!

HCG Diet works! Ask me how.
greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 07:07 PM   #15
mom2kailinconnor's Avatar
mom2kailinconnor
'Cuz inside out is wiggity wiggity wiggity whack!
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Right here, obviously :)
Posts: 2,204
My Mood:
Re: Ear infections

I think we may end up going down this road with ds. DD has only ever had one ear infection and is 2 1/2. Ds has had one diagnosed, and I am pretty sure he has another now. I had horrible problems as a kid, probably 1 a month.

I would likely get a 2nd opinion from and ENT just to feel better and then if tubes were recommended, I would do it.
mom2kailinconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.