Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-23-2009, 09:40 AM   #111
amyruth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: My PP is in danger Wooly Monday

I finished the WT set!! Now I NEED this for my little one. I modeled it since it's for a friend, I know she won't mind. I can't believe the fit of this is perfect for him. Maybe she will hate it and send it back. I do have some WT coming in Targhee in the CC co-op but I'm really impatient now. LOL I can't believe my little guy needs a large now. Well he is almost 2yo. But a skinny bean.

Goodness they are uploading slow...............................

(my favorite picture!)

Advertisement

Old 02-23-2009, 09:41 AM   #112
AidynElyMama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidan_madisons_mom View Post

I'm here.. we got back last night about 830.. did you miss me?
I saw the knitclub email. I would of been there if I could be in a million places at once.
It was kind of suckish. And yes, I missed you, wish you could have been there to listen to me swear over that sweater some more No, but seriously
AidynElyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:43 AM   #113
AidynElyMama
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm thinking about going after this, anybody game for helping me stalk?

http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?id=13580&vid=201

Here's my project for the day

I know it looks a little wonky, trying to get it to lay flat on 16" circs just wasn't happening
AidynElyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:43 AM   #114
amyruth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devholan View Post
Wow, that's a lot of snow, Mary Kate! And to think, I almost went to school up there.

So the Ravensong shorties are finished and being worn (during a nap) as we speak. I'm so happy with the way they turned out, though of course there are many things I want to change for next time. I like the Burgh Baby pattern a lot (w/ the stockinette gusset) and it's been great for a newbie.

So here they are:

On my DD:
(with a P. Posh shirt that's just perfect for them)

As you can see, they're capri length right now, but will be shorts before summer.

I really want to thank all of you for your help and encouragement! I am loving this and want to knit all the time now.
Wow adorable!! Shorts and baby! Great job! I'll have to check out that pattern...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommato2boys View Post
Here is a recent pair of nb shorties that I finished:

gorgeous! I want a baby girl! *whine* LOL
Old 02-23-2009, 09:50 AM   #115
devholan
knit wit
seller

My Mood:

Amy, love the WT and your big little boy is a cutie.
We have those interlocking floor mats too. We actually replaced the living room rug w/it for now b/c my DD likes to stand and cruise on the coffee table, so it cushions her fall a bit.

Come see our new store at BLUE GRASS BABY
devholan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:51 AM   #116
amyruth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devholan View Post
Amy, love the WT and your big little boy is a cutie.
We have those interlocking floor mats too. We actually replaced the living room rug w/it for now b/c my DD likes to stand and cruise on the coffee table, so it cushions her fall a bit.
My hubby wants to do the whole house in them. He's just a LITTLE overprotective! I like them since they somewhat save the carpet from spills and a good place to change diapers too... Easy to clean up if need be...
Old 02-23-2009, 09:52 AM   #117
c1sarena
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildasMum View Post
Morning!! I finished the sweater last night that Tina posted. It certainly DOES run small so if you like a more swing-y body, be sure to add lots of increases. i actually added 6 increases and it's still snug. But - I like it and think i will be her Easter sweater.

Oh my she is so cute, especially the "morning hair" Love the sweater too!
c1sarena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:53 AM   #118
angelica
Registered Users
seller

Myla!!! I want those! I really want to just favorite every one of your projects on Ravelry.

I need some advice, mamas. I am working on the Pan shorties and I am using the Freckle Bottoms pattern. I have been working on a medium size but that creates a 10" thigh when you pick up 6 stitches on each side of the gusset. My chunka girl has 10" thighs so that doesn't work for her. The pattern says to go up a needle size if I want wider legs. Is that really all I need to do? Should I pick up more stitches also? I like a wider leg look.
angelica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:55 AM   #119
nickiea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mary Kate - holy cow! that's a lot of snow. and your Post Lady made it thru????? wow. Hats off to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartruiner View Post
Morning girlies!

I need opinions on a drawstring for these (my daisy capris - you know you love my wonky flower that has no real center yet. ) I was thinking of twisting together all the colors, yellow, green & white.

love it love it love it!!!!! yes, twisted cord with the colors would be TDF. I think you can do a simply embroidery floss for the flower center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybenz View Post
*sigh* I am having one of those days with the boys. Jealousy, clinginess, etc. They were just playing on the couch (I know I shouldn't let them, but I can't exactly stop them from climbing up) and Roman fell off and hit the ground HARD. They know how to get down without hurting themselves, so my guess is they were roughhousing and he got pushed. Of course my back was turned. So I scooped him up and gave him a cuddle and while I was snuggling him and soothing him, Joel looked at me, and threw himself off the couch and started doing his "You're paying more attention to brother than me" cry. And when I sort of just rubbed his back a little, he stood up, reached out, pulled my hair, and laughed.

Meanwhile, Roman still had huge tears in his eyes and was snuggling up to me for comfort. and I was trying not to react to the hair pulling, but it hurt, and I winced and said "Ow!" and Roman started screaming again.

Most days, having twins is as much fun as it is work--I think today is a "more work than fun day"
oy. when we were trying so hard to get #2, I kept telling the universe that I could do twins if that's what it would take. Now, I'm glad the universe was smart enough to only give me one. Days like you're having would put me over the edge. Hang in there momma!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyruth View Post
I finished the WT set!! Now I NEED this for my little one. I modeled it since it's for a friend, I know she won't mind. I can't believe the fit of this is perfect for him. Maybe she will hate it and send it back. I do have some WT coming in Targhee in the CC co-op but I'm really impatient now. LOL I can't believe my little guy needs a large now. Well he is almost 2yo. But a skinny bean.

Goodness they are uploading slow...............................

I do love me some WT!! Stunning FO and gorgeous boy!
nickiea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:57 AM   #120
Little Bear Momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Lovely WT Amy!! I'm dying for mine to be ready.

Well...I just took my RFR out of the woolie wash and measured them up...they bloomed perfectly and are just exactly what I'd intended.

So...am I really the only one who gets a noticable bloom? I knit them at just shy of 5 spi...and they consistently bloom to 4.5 spi. That's pretty significant over 80-100 stitches...kwim?

~ also at FRESH on the 9th on the 9s ~
blogging here --->

Little Bear Momma is offline   Reply With Quote