Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-23-2009, 06:20 AM   #21
MollyJones
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: My PP is in danger Wooly Monday

That's beautiful Shaine.

Today I am hoping to CO my NB longies for Amanda's auction... add the drawstring to Mercy's longies and sew in the loose ends. That's all I have on my knitting agenda.

Some of my drastically reduced FSOT items have been moving. So it looks like I'm going to be able to put in another large order of Cestari and also order my Seacell sock yarn later this week... I will get this dyeing thing down yet.

Bath time for the kids and me...

See ya'all later!

Advertisement

Old 02-23-2009, 06:21 AM   #22
joanna19
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

morning! we have been up since just after 4. Good thing I went to be at like 930! Unheard of for me really.

So out desktop comp. is down. Looks like i will be using the good ol laptop till we get it figured out. I am struggling with attaching a new skein for my scarf. What method do you all use to join.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:24 AM   #23
devholan
knit wit
seller

My Mood:

Joanna, I tried to felt join (is that what it's called?) a new skein yesterday and didn't do so well, so I went back to my usual: hold the two yarns, knit the two together (as one) for one stitch, then continue on with my new yarn. Pull tight enough and weave in ends later. I'm sure others will give you better advice.

Lots of lovelies stocking today! I wonder if Rachael has seen this: http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?id=59799&vid=171?

Come see our new store at BLUE GRASS BABY
devholan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:24 AM   #24
Shaineinok
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by devholan View Post
I actually don't mind knitting flat, nor do I mind purling. Though it goes much faster when you're working all knit in the round!

I didn't like my seed stitch on the shorties, btw. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. At first when I didn't adjust my tension, the sts looked all over the place w/ a lot of gaps. Then I worked on pulling up quite a bit after purling. But now my sts are kind of pulled to the side from pulling to hard, so that can't be right either. I'm fine w/ it for my first woollies, but I want to do better for the next ones and am not sure how.
Maybe just knit a practise swatch? My first ones were a little funky too but they look good now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyJones View Post
That's beautiful Shaine.

Today I am hoping to CO my NB longies for Amanda's auction... add the drawstring to Mercy's longies and sew in the loose ends. That's all I have on my knitting agenda.

Some of my drastically reduced FSOT items have been moving. So it looks like I'm going to be able to put in another large order of Cestari and also order my Seacell sock yarn later this week... I will get this dyeing thing down yet.

Bath time for the kids and me...

See ya'all later!
Have a good day!

And yeah its a cute jacket. I am pretty taken with the idea of knitting one for KateLynn for next fall. I think it will be a good summer project.
And there's no purling...
Shaineinok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:31 AM   #25
ladybenz
following my heart to the art

My Mood:

back again, I think I'm going to be scarce today. Lots on the agenda for the week.
ladybenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:31 AM   #26
c1sarena
Registered Users

morning all! I actually fell back to sleep today and was out to the world thereafter til 8am. Unheard of here.

Nice sweater and those slippers are super sweet. Dev, enjoy the twins!

Have a great day all. I finished the silk swing top for my lo last night and just have to sew it tog. May take a knitting break today as I have a lot of other things on the agenda, including buying buttons for several projects.

Everyone enjoy the day. And its so so cold here today too. When is winter gonna end already?
c1sarena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:35 AM   #27
joanna19
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devholan View Post
Joanna, I tried to felt join (is that what it's called?) a new skein yesterday and didn't do so well, so I went back to my usual: hold the two yarns, knit the two together (as one) for one stitch, then continue on with my new yarn. Pull tight enough and weave in ends later. I'm sure others will give you better advice.

Lots of lovelies stocking today! I wonder if Rachael has seen this: http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?id=59799&vid=171?
Thanks Dev - I did try that, but my yarn just ended up looking really thinck in that row. i am not sure I liked the look if it, because it was fairly noticeable.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:38 AM   #28
MatildasMum
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Morning!! I finished the sweater last night that Tina posted. It certainly DOES run small so if you like a more swing-y body, be sure to add lots of increases. i actually added 6 increases and it's still snug. But - I like it and think i will be her Easter sweater.

MatildasMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:40 AM   #29
devholan
knit wit
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildasMum View Post
Morning!! I finished the sweater last night that Tina posted. It certainly DOES run small so if you like a more swing-y body, be sure to add lots of increases. i actually added 6 increases and it's still snug. But - I like it and think i will be her Easter sweater.

Oh my is that cute! And I see "Mommy. Would you stop taking my picture already?"

Come see our new store at BLUE GRASS BABY
devholan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:41 AM   #30
MatildasMum
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Dev - it was more like

"Honey, I NEED you to stand still for a SECOND"
" "
" "