Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-23-2009, 06:05 PM   #231
mommy2roo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Just Another Manic Monday....BSRB Chatter

hey, ladies... dh is cooking some pasta and shrimp. I'm with Karmen NAK. Not even pretending I can catch up Our playdate was fun! I am trying to decide how many dipes to send in for conversions..I have a few prints I will def send. thoughts on this??? should I send more or score more UF then sell some tf? the ones I am sending for sure are the old style.

Advertisement

Old 02-23-2009, 06:06 PM   #232
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
Formerly: lovnbabygabi
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by i&a's mama View Post
Are you looking for pants, soakers or shorts?

I'm just not loving them the way I thought I would. I have the brand new wool that everyone is complaining about, so maybe that has something to do with it.

I still the dipes, though...
soakers! i really want teal and squash..we have kirsche and sage already. i figured though i could only get last years colors for under 30 bucks.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:08 PM   #233
aranel7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovnbabygabi View Post
aww! i lurve it so! i wanted to make something that would last awhile since she's grow out of shorts i bet...maybe make a cool flapper style hat for the winter.
That's a great idea. They can get way more use out of a hat than shorties or longies, and a hat will hold up better too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2BabiesA&I View Post
Oh and I wanted to announce too, Ivy is doing *great* with only nursing every 4 hours! She put away a serious amount of table food today but she did great with the nursing.

We are also on day two of me nursing her downstairs then getting her ready for nap/bed and putting her down to sleep rather than nursing her to sleep and she is doing *great* with it! As a mama that would like to get out once in awhile thats downright THRILLING!
Shannon, that's great to hear about Ivy's less nursing and not having to nurse to sleep! Baby steps are what it takes. I'm so happy for you!

Insofar as the cost of knit . . . yeah. It's quite a bit. I could have never imagined paying the amounts I've paid for my knits, but every penny I've spent on my entire summer wool stash has been funded paypal. After I decided to sell off all of my TFs to fund UFs, I got a little FSOT crazy and I think I have made close to $1000 in paypal in the past two months. The wool, a bunch of HTF fabric, all of my UFs (including 10 on the way), the Beco, the leg warmers, some sushi sonnets NB longies, a BG organic AIO . . . all funded paypal. I am so proud of myself

Oh, and for those who are interested . . . the french dip style beef came out DELISH. In addition to the stuff I mentioned this morning, I waited til it was fork tender and then mixed up a large coffee cup full of corn flour and some water, whisked it up, and mixed it into the crock pot. It was EXACTLY what it needed. Perfect consistency, neat sandwiches, great flavor . . . a total home run. DH was raving about it. I'm about to go back for seconds

Everyday Gourmet with Jennifer Grady Mallowes
aranel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:11 PM   #234
MegsMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jen - What type of cut of meat did you use. That is what always throws me when I get to the store. I would love any help on that. Also, can someone or Jen post that recipe again...I am thinking that for dinner tomorrow night! Oh, and what type of rolls???

We had enchiladas tongiht for dinner. They were good. I am thinking popcorn for dessert after the kiddos are down. It just sounds good.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:13 PM   #235
mommy2roo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

jen you need to post the recipe...dh would die 4 it!
Old 02-23-2009, 06:18 PM   #236
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh yes what danielle said! that sounds yummo..i dont cook enough beef so DH says lol
Old 02-23-2009, 06:21 PM   #237
aranel7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok, here's the recipe as well as what I did different. This recipe comes from the MIL of our very own Megs. Speaking of . . . I really miss her. I know she's busy with her move but I can't wait to see her back around here!

Brisket French Dip Like Sandwiches (Crockpot Recipe)
3 lbs of Brisket Works Best

Rub brisket with garlic salt or powder, pepper and seasoned salt. Brown on both sides in hot pan with oil. Pour can of beef broth, one cup coffee(better day old or cold coffee) and one third cup soy sauce into crock pot and add brisket. Then add water (enough to cover brisket) put on low for 4 hrs and high for enough time to make sure it is fork tender.

When it is done it comes out in strands. We eat it with hoagie rolls and some of the juice as an au juis dipping sauce. The recipe makes enough french dip type sandwiches for a family.

Now as for what I did different . . . I rubbed the beef the night before to maximize flavor. I also chopped up a small onion and put it in the crock pot from the start. I added more salt and onion powder directly into the crock pot. I think this recipe needs to cook on low for at least 6 hours. After that 6 hours, I filled a large coffee cup with corn flour and some water, whisked it until it was a smooth, thick liquid, then poured it into the crock pot and mixed well. After my good mixing, the beef was mostly all in strands and I had a good, thick sauce that held up well on buns. YUM! We topped our sandwiches with swiss cheese. Sauteed mushrooms would be good on them as well, or mushrooms would also be good right in the crock pot. This recipe will be a BIG hit with meat and potato type DHs

Old 02-23-2009, 06:22 PM   #238
mommyshanti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yeah jen share im always lookin for food for my carnivore
fam will be having lentil sloppy joes in crock pot tomorrow
i try not to cook meat everyday so it works out for me and them
ok i asked last night but no response
anyone use meos?
they seems cheap but heard good things worried about the legs
someone said they were bulky too but ive used gm's and that was my biggest dipe yet
thoughts?
Old 02-23-2009, 06:23 PM   #239
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

is there any hope of relists? or did i miss it lol. are they usually late in the evening?
Old 02-23-2009, 06:25 PM   #240
aranel7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't know about the relists . . . I'm really anxiously waiting on them and I don't think they usually happen this late