Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-24-2009, 07:49 AM   #21
mrsdi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: BSRB Typical Tuesday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassB View Post
Di: I have had someone offer me a lower price on something and I took it because it had been sitting with no movement, and as soon as I sold it, one or two others PM me to buy it...at the price I asked. never fails.

I've never had my hemp get stinky What kind of water do you guys have there? I've never had any stinkies. *knock on wood* I don't like the BGOS pockets anymore. I got sick of stuffing and the microfiber just doesn't absorb like I like. But the AIOs are heaven The ones I got, I really don't have any drying time issues.
Hemp is the one and only thing I've had get stinky. Nothing else...ever. Weird, huh? It could be detergent, but my detergent doesn't seem to bother any other fiber I have, so it's odd.
Ugh...perhaps I'll break down and try a BG organic. They are so expensive. Maybe they are different than the last time I tried one when I first started CDing and had gotten a trial pack for 21 days and the BG Organic was included. I prepped that diaper and never used it because it took so long to dry...it took me 4 days to prep it.

Advertisement

mrsdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:56 AM   #22
Ahavati
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdi View Post
Hemp is the one and only thing I've had get stinky. Nothing else...ever. Weird, huh? It could be detergent, but my detergent doesn't seem to bother any other fiber I have, so it's odd.
Ugh...perhaps I'll break down and try a BG organic. They are so expensive. Maybe they are different than the last time I tried one when I first started CDing and had gotten a trial pack for 21 days and the BG Organic was included. I prepped that diaper and never used it because it took so long to dry...it took me 4 days to prep it.
The one I have has 2 soakers and they are sewn in but loose...IDK if that makes sense. But it makes it dry faster. I agree, they are pretty expensive. I have a Very Baby AIO and a Dream-eze AIO on the way as I have heard good reviews on both and they are less expensive!

Need Scentsy? www.heavenlysweetscents.com
Ahavati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:59 AM   #23
momto3girls
Registered Users
Formerly: tajsa
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2BabiesA&I View Post
Morning mamas!

Proud to announce that the wool kept the stinkies at bay much better!

The wool was pretty damp but none of the PJs etc were wet so that is wonderful!

It is air drying now...

How often does one wash their wool? Do you lanolize every time you wash? What if your wool wash has lanolin in it?
Yay for the wool! I don't use wool, so I'm no help there.

Tana I hope everything turns out okay with your dad.

Diana sending nap vibes your way.

Jen you definitely needs those socks.

I have bg pockets and don't have problems with the mf stinking. I'm tempted to sell them to get aios. I don't know if it will be worth it though. We need them something for outings and for daddy.

Juliana has her 2 month check up today. I'm still debting the vaccinations. Why is this so hard? Both of my other girls are fully vaccinated. Tatiana did have a reaction to the mmr though.

I'm really missing my dh today.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:01 AM   #24
starla79
Registered Users
seller

I've never had my hemp get stinky... it smells different than bamboo fleece when it's got pee on it, but not like, OMG nasty or anything. All my diapers got stinky at once with my hard water issues, and they all smelled bad.

Every once in a while i entertain thoughts of getting an AIO or AI2 and... meh. The PUL outers are boring (i've got plenty of thirsties that are boring enough), they take a long time to dry, and they always look bulkier to me than a good fitted under a cover. I've been tempted to try a mutt or piddle poddle AI2 if i can find one cheap enough on FSOT. But in the end, i don't mind the extra work of using a fitted/cover out on the go. In fact, i'm thinking of selling my remaining gDiapers for that very reason... i always tell myself i'll use them out and about and i never do!

But I'll tell you what I did just pick up -- a double-layer sbish cover on FSOT. Woo hoo! So now i can rotate b/t that and the one i got from Megan and no more wicking! Rob is really on board with the wool at night, he loves that it doesn't leak or wick and it keeps D snug and dry. Now that the weather is warming up more i don't feel the urge to put pants on him at night as often, so they'll get more use (yeah, it's springtime in atlanta, ha ha). I have a woolybottom cover that i'll just let him run around the house in, it isn't thick enough for overnight.
I'm Megan, Rob is my husband, Draven is my boy, born 3/14/08. Expecting #2 in early March. Where have all the BSRBs gone?

Last edited by starla79; 02-24-2009 at 08:49 AM.
starla79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:10 AM   #25
Ahavati
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmmm I may get a couple SBish covers if only for night time use.

I think the AIO is trimmer than the fitteds. I mean on Ava there is a difference. The only one they aren't trimmer than are my Sbish hemp fitteds.

And I'm getting embroidery done to my PUL. I know for some it makes it harder to sell, but we are planning on keeping these for the next baby.

Need Scentsy? www.heavenlysweetscents.com
Ahavati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:12 AM   #26
madeinjanuary
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aranel7 View Post
Morning! Juliana is rocking her long sleeve fish in bags tee with the goldfish shorties and leg warmers and it all fits great. Action shots are to follow. The shorties are just big enough in the bum and tall enough in the rise that I think she might be able to wear them next summer too. The legwarmers fit great! I have never cared much for babylegs because I feel like they're too tight around chunky thighs but knit leg warmers seem to be where it's at. I might try to make a few pairs.

So I bought a couple of Sposoeasy AIOs last night. I really like to have an AIO on hand just in case but I truly do not care for other OS dipes than BSRB so even though everyone here seems to be raving about the BG organics, I couldn't bring myself to pay that price for an OS dipe. Honestly, my stash is at a happy place that I am really happy about:

**14 UFs (counting the 7 that are OTW)
**3 more UFs in the works
**2 all fleece Snap-Ez pockets (these are our nighttime solution. I would ideally like 2 more of these)
**2 Fuzzi Bunz
**2 Sposoeasy AIOs
**1 Angel Dry all fleece pocket (I don't love this one enough to get a second but I don't dislike it enough not to use it)

What it would take to put me at stash nirvana would be 3 more UFs (for a total of 20), 2 more all fleece SEZ pockets w/ matching SEZ inserts (for a total of 4) and 4 more Sposoeasy AIOs (if I like them). I like still needing a bunch of dipes before I can call it stash nirvana, but only having a few things I know I like in my stash. Since my FSOT has been going so crazy I have been able to sell a bunch of the stuff that didn't work out for us or that Howie and Juliana grew out of. I still have a small collection of fitteds that are FSOT, but maybe I'll get serious about cutting down the prices on those to sell them. We'll see!
cant wait to see action shots. and if you decide you like the sposo..i have 2 smalls unused and 2 meds only used twice that im thinking of letting go to get more bg organics. while the bgs are more expensive, they are one size and both boys can share them and i wont keep having to size up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegsMom View Post
Morning mamas. It is supposed to nice (high 40s today) so it is nice to see the sun. Hopefully the kiddos will get out and play at school today. They need to run around.

We use interlock at night and I have 3 pairs. I wash 2-3weeks. I rotate them throughout the week. I am thinking of getting a pair of fleece overnight pants..I wonder how fleece will hold up overnight??? Anyone try?

Well, brownies in the breakroom. I was soo good yesterday, soo off to get one. Yummy!!
mmmz brownies! i need some brownies. sigh

Quote:
Good morning!

Ava STTN last night She did go to bed a little late ( 10:30) but she didn't get up until 6:30 (normally gets up between 2-3) I am SO happy!!!

Jenn: Can't wait to see your custom! I'm excited for mine! Joyce just emailed the next conversion on her list then she's on to mine!! She doesn' have any more Mickey fabric though and those will not be relisting. So that sucks. Beautiful wool!!

If anyone sees the Aqua floral though I want one!! (It will go so well with my birds on a line!!

So I got all my DC's (Except Ella and Rainbow Shine but they are on the way) and most of my yardage (waiting on my teal/choc giraffes and one more!!) I can't wait to see these beauties transformed into UFs!!

I found someone with an amazing library of embroidery and I'm going to send all my SBish hemp in to be embroidered! (She has some Star Wars and BEatles which DH will go NUTS over.) I may send some of my AIOs in too. I can't wait! I'm also getting some gorgeous French Terry prefolds with embroidery from Zabi Baby!

Oh and my table towels should be done in today or tomorrow!!

I can't wait to get all this fluffy goodness!!
for STTN. i cannot wait for that time to come. actually i wouldnt mind waking up to feed roan if i knew it wasnt going to take me an hr or more to get him back to sleep. if he just fell back to sleep i'd be happy cause hes a super fast nurser. usually 5 mins and the very full boob is deflated. if he takes his time it'll be 10mins tops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajsa View Post

I have bg pockets and don't have problems with the mf stinking. I'm tempted to sell them to get aios. I don't know if it will be worth it though. We need them something for outings and for daddy.

Juliana has her 2 month check up today. I'm still debting the vaccinations. Why is this so hard? Both of my other girls are fully vaccinated. Tatiana did have a reaction to the mmr though.

thanks april. we are spreading out the vaccines so only two shots per visit and only one aluminum containing vax allowed each time. and we are skipping the polio and chicken pox one. and delaying mmr til after 2yrs. my ped is 100% on board..he actually recs that minus the skipping the polio and chickenpox to all his patients. though this does mean that we have to go for shot only visits in between well checks but im ok with that. good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:15 AM   #27
momma2Mimi07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2BabiesA&I View Post
Morning mamas!

Proud to announce that the wool kept the stinkies at bay much better!

The wool was pretty damp but none of the PJs etc were wet so that is wonderful!

It is air drying now...

How often does one wash their wool? Do you lanolize every time you wash? What if your wool wash has lanolin in it?
WOOHOO on night time diapers! We just use plain ol Luxe Soakers... Which is by far one of the THINIST interlock I have... BUt they work great... I also have a felted Loveybums that I LOVE to use at night and then a few fleece soakers that I use as well, but I use my Luxe soakers at night as well! I only wash like 1 month... But as long as your woolies dont stink than its fine! I wash in the washer with a tsp of tide and then about a TBS of liquid lanolin... Depends on how much I am washing! Then after about 2 weeks I just spray the crotch with the lanolin and let them air dry, works great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aranel7 View Post
Morning! Juliana is rocking her long sleeve fish in bags tee with the goldfish shorties and leg warmers and it all fits great. Action shots are to follow. The shorties are just big enough in the bum and tall enough in the rise that I think she might be able to wear them next summer too. The legwarmers fit great! I have never cared much for babylegs because I feel like they're too tight around chunky thighs but knit leg warmers seem to be where it's at. I might try to make a few pairs.

So I bought a couple of Sposoeasy AIOs last night. I really like to have an AIO on hand just in case but I truly do not care for other OS dipes than BSRB so even though everyone here seems to be raving about the BG organics, I couldn't bring myself to pay that price for an OS dipe. Honestly, my stash is at a happy place that I am really happy about:

**14 UFs (counting the 7 that are OTW)
**3 more UFs in the works
**2 all fleece Snap-Ez pockets (these are our nighttime solution. I would ideally like 2 more of these)
**2 Fuzzi Bunz
**2 Sposoeasy AIOs
**1 Angel Dry all fleece pocket (I don't love this one enough to get a second but I don't dislike it enough not to use it)

What it would take to put me at stash nirvana would be 3 more UFs (for a total of 20), 2 more all fleece SEZ pockets w/ matching SEZ inserts (for a total of 4) and 4 more Sposoeasy AIOs (if I like them). I like still needing a bunch of dipes before I can call it stash nirvana, but only having a few things I know I like in my stash. Since my FSOT has been going so crazy I have been able to sell a bunch of the stuff that didn't work out for us or that Howie and Juliana grew out of. I still have a small collection of fitteds that are FSOT, but maybe I'll get serious about cutting down the prices on those to sell them. We'll see!
I CANT WAIT FOR ACTION SHOTS!!! And that is a wonderful sounding stash! I can't wait to hear a review about the sposos cause I think they are ugly, but if the function well I may have to try one!
Quote:
The one I have has 2 soakers and they are sewn in but loose...IDK if that makes sense. But it makes it dry faster. I agree, they are pretty expensive. I have a Very Baby AIO and a Dream-eze AIO on the way as I have heard good reviews on both and they are less expensive!
I have a dream-eze otw as well, I have heard good things so I have to try one! OS just dont work well here!
Quote:

AS far as Vacs.... Do what you feel is right! Mia is fully vaced... But behind! IT is all up to you! Well we didnt do chickenpox... I always for get that!

GOOD MORNING... BFN today... Gotta keep trying!
Expecting Sweet Baby#3 in Early May
momma2Mimi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:25 AM   #28
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There I am all clean now...and DD is sleeping....

Now I need to figure out what to eat. I am quite hungry.

Also need to locate my hairbrush...no idea where it is. Children have a tendency to run off with it...
Old 02-24-2009, 08:28 AM   #29
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have had bad luck with stinky hemp too...no idea why. Unless the diapers are overnight I never have stink issues with any other material we use.

DS decided too that he didnt hate his VBSN as much today...I used a fleece liner inside it so maybe that helped.

DDs schedule that she is doing today, I could get used to that... nurse at 7am, 11am, 3pm, 7pm, 11pm, and then not again until 7am...how do I sign up for that all the time?
Old 02-24-2009, 08:30 AM   #30
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

As far as vax I always say wait until you are ready. We ended up waiting until DD was about 5 months before she got any vaccines because I wasn't 100% sure what I wanted her to get/ not get. I figure you can always get it later, can't take it back once you have done it. Good luck! I am sorry you are missing your DH.