Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-24-2009, 07:40 AM   #1
TheBeeNest
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Is this normal?

My dd has been weaned for about a month. (Since her first birthday) This last week she has been sick and cranky.I was rocking her to sleep and all the sudden, she starts sucking on the top part of my boob. (I was wearing a tank top.) So, then she starts lifting my shirt up and trying to actually get milk. I thought I was dry, but when she started doign that, I started leaking some milk, so I just decided to let her eat. She ate ALL night! I mean, literally, she didn't take her mouth off all night. Is this normal? I tried to GET her to eat a few times since she has been weaned just to see if she'd do it and she didn't want anything to do w/ it. Is it just a comfort thing since she's sick?

Advertisement

TheBeeNest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:48 AM   #2
luvbnmommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Is this normal?

I haven't had this exact thing happen, but when my oldest weaned at about 16 months at the end was very sporadic and after "weaning" she would once in a while want to nurse.

I would guess since you haven't been that long since she weaned that she is returning for the comfort since she is sick.
luvbnmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:50 AM   #3
TheBeeNest
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is this normal?

Hmmm...thats what I figured. I just think it's weird since she self weaned. I geuss she still knows where the "good stuff" is though!
TheBeeNest is offline   Reply With Quote