Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-25-2009, 05:22 AM   #1
hlmurray99
Registered Users
seller

help me with gifts for twins, please

I posted this in the general parenting forum and then I just saw this forum. Forgive me for intruding, but I have a question....

Do most people buy combined gifts for your kids, or individual gifts for each? I have a close friend with twin boys (turning 5). For the most part I've always tried to buy them similar but separate gifts, until recently I started occasionally buying them board games and such to share (but always a separate gift as well). I fear that they have to share so much that perhaps it's rude to expect them to share on their birthday? But at the same time it's often wasteful/silly to buy 2 of the same or similar thing and maybe they are so used to it that they don't mind.

So, do most of your friends/family buy joint or individual gifts?

Which would you PREFER people do, and why?

Thanks!

Advertisement

Old 02-25-2009, 01:42 PM   #2
3miracles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: help me with gifts for twins, please

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlmurray99 View Post
I posted this in the general parenting forum and then I just saw this forum. Forgive me for intruding, but I have a question....

Do most people buy combined gifts for your kids, or individual gifts for each? I have a close friend with twin boys (turning 5). For the most part I've always tried to buy them similar but separate gifts, until recently I started occasionally buying them board games and such to share (but always a separate gift as well). I fear that they have to share so much that perhaps it's rude to expect them to share on their birthday? But at the same time it's often wasteful/silly to buy 2 of the same or similar thing and maybe they are so used to it that they don't mind.

So, do most of your friends/family buy joint or individual gifts?

Which would you PREFER people do, and why?

Thanks!
For our twins birthdays (they have only had 2 ) People have given them thier own gifts. I like this because although they share the same birthday, they are two seperate people. They do share so much so I like them to get thier own things. Plus I think they need to know what it is like to get things that are just thiers. To me giving them one gift would be the same as giving siblings that might just have the same birthday, but are different ages, the same toy and making them share it. Does that make sense?
For Christmas, that is when we generally give them a big gift they have to share besides little ones for each.

I am not sure how other people with twins feel, but I strongly believe they are seperate people that share the same birthday and a very special bond.
Hope that helps
Old 02-25-2009, 01:46 PM   #3
3LittleC's
Mommy of 3 under 3!
seller

My Mood:
Re: help me with gifts for twins, please

We try and give them their own gifts as well - The only time we only do 1 gift is if it's "big" - like a play kitchen, wagon, sand and water table, etc...

3LittleC's is offline   Reply With Quote