Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-25-2009, 05:55 AM   #1
MommyScott
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Back to Basics Pay it Down! Wednesday

I missed much of the conversation in the PM yesterday but I noticed a lot of it was about paying off debt and old bills etc. so in honor of that, today is Pay it down! Wednesday

I know a few ladies on here follow Dave Ramsey's plan (us included!) and I saw the comment about Dave Ramsey being a scam artist - you'll have to forgive my strong words about this but that's a bunch of HOOEY he's not a scam artist.... I'm tempted to say more, but I won't because I love you ladies! and I don't want to start a fight.

By following Dave Ramsey's plan & with his motivation, our family payed off over $24,000 in 9.5 months this past year and now have $12K in the bank for emergencies and we do NOT make a lot of money, trust me if you really want to know how much I'll say, but otherwise you'll have to take my word for it.

So tell your story!! Who has payed of big bills in the last few years?? who has hopes and dreams of doing so in the future?? Tell us all about it!

Advertisement

God hasn't called me to be successful. He's called me to be faithful. - Mother Teresa

Last edited by MommyScott; 02-25-2009 at 06:25 AM.
MommyScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:02 AM   #2
monicadd
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Back to Basics Pay it Down! Wednesday

Aww dont be mad, i was just stating what friends had told me about him. I dont know personally. Im glad it works for most people. I wish i had the discipline to do. Dont be angry with me cause i stated my friends opinion,
Devoted and Gorgeous DH CJ
monicadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:08 AM   #3
MommyScott
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by monicadd View Post
Aww dont be mad, i was just stating what friends had told me about him. I dont know personally. Im glad it works for most people. I wish i had the discipline to do. Dont be angry with me cause i stated my friends opinion,
lol I'm not mad in the slightest

God hasn't called me to be successful. He's called me to be faithful. - Mother Teresa
Old 02-25-2009, 06:37 AM   #4
MommyScott
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hope I didn't scare everyone away : *(

Old 02-25-2009, 06:41 AM   #5
mamazluv
You know you want this.........
seller

My Mood:

nope, im here. i typed a story, but decided not to post this close to the beginning for "privacy".

is that silly?

i didnt want the random drive by to read a personal story.

stupid?
Old 02-25-2009, 06:42 AM   #6
MommyScott
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamazluv View Post
nope, im here. i typed a story, but decided not to post this close to the beginning for "privacy".

is that silly?

i didnt want the random drive by to read a personal story.

stupid?
not stupid at all i completely understand

Old 02-25-2009, 06:43 AM   #7
melissamomof3girls
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyScott View Post

I know a few ladies on here follow Dave Ramsey's plan (us included!) and I saw the comment about Dave Ramsey being a scam artist - you'll have to forgive my strong words about this but that's a bunch of HOOEY he's not a scam artist.... I'm tempted to say more, but I won't because I love you ladies! and I don't want to start a fight.

By following Dave Ramsey's plan & with his motivation, our family payed off over $24,000 in 9.5 months this past year and now have $12K in the bank for emergencies and we do NOT make a lot of money, trust me if you really want to know how much I'll say, but otherwise you'll have to take my word for it.

So tell your story!! Who has payed of big bills in the last few years?? who has hopes and dreams of doing so in the future?? Tell us all about it!
and

Last year my dh was working a lot of overtime and we paid our consumer debt down by about $7500. But his overtime went away in late fall and we haven't been able to make extra payments since. We loosely follow dave's plan and I so wish we followed it to a T! I cheat way more than my dh does. But I do have a very beautiful budget I just need to get more disciplined to stay with it and not spend more than allowed.

Mommyscott could you pm me any specific things that have helped you most. I'm not sure if on our budget plan I have too many categories of savings for things that could rather be going for debt-reduction?

Monica ~ everyone is of course entitled to their own opinion. I am sad your friend feels that way about Dave. Maybe it's just too overwhelming to her? I'm sure you didn't offend anyone here.

So guess what, yesterday my oldest dd just still seemed so sick. Fever was gone but she's been up about 4 hours of each night coughing her little lungs up. I just couldn't take it anymore and knew that something wasn't right with her. I think I mentioned before she was born with Laryngomalacia which ususally causes her to be sicker and for a longer time . Anyway, I took her to the doctor yesterday afternoon and she has walking pneumonia and an ear infection. so he gave her a nebulizer treatment and ordered us one for home & an antibiotic. And last night, she slept through the night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, I think the prescription & breathing treatment are already helping her!!! Thank you Lord!

Anyway, he said it was so good that I brought her in!

You all will never believe what I did . I bought 13 Sandy's from FSOT, traded my bububebe for 3 baybee OS, bought 2 of Becky's fitteds, and a MEOS new from the store. I have enough diapers for triplets. All I can say is we better have another one to make it worth it. I really was and needed to be done buying diapers. Oh well. My mil always says to me and dh, you can afford a few extra things once in a while, you don't drink or smoke.

I will post fluffy pictures when they all come.

WOTA:
Wash, Fold, Put Away rest of laundry
Unload dishwasher
Reload dishwasher
School
Finish cleaning out rest of kitchen cabinets
Start Grocery List

WOTB: LL Fitted w/ preemie doubler & thirsties cover
Old 02-25-2009, 06:45 AM   #8
RebeccaMomof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

mornin! I won another HC FFS lotto
http://hyenacart.com/NorthStarCreati...hp?c=0&p=80987
I was getting worried cause I didn't win one in Feb. yet

As for the QOTD - We are in debt a lot and have tightened the pursestrings and are paying it back. I am considering going to one of those credit councelling places to see what we can do about our credit cards...it doesn't seem like we can make a dent in them no matter what we do we don't use our credit cards at all anymore, so that is a start
Old 02-25-2009, 06:45 AM   #9
momof4girls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning all.
Ive never heard of Dave Ramsey...but apparently I NEED to!
CDing, sometimes BWing & , , selective/delayed vaxing, SAHM. Trying to talk DH into TTC baby #5.
momof4girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:45 AM   #10
MommyScott
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

so question of the day to get things moving: I'm thinking about getting GMD yellow edge prefolds because I find I primarily snappi these days for the sake of time and my infants are seeming a bit on the narrow side for snapping (kind of like we were discussing yesterday, or was it the day before?) anyway would you go for it??