Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-25-2009, 06:49 AM   #11
RebeccaMomof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Back to Basics Pay it Down! Wednesday

wotb - gmd light brown pf, crochet wool longies.

I am hoping to take wool stash pics today that depends on dd2. There are a few things that are getting tight and will have to go to fsot soon

Advertisement

Old 02-25-2009, 06:51 AM   #12
momof4girls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I like the xtra width. I was using regular and premium pfs until I got my wider pfs. I was already having a width problem with the regulars and dd is only 4 months old.
I would go for it!
CDing, sometimes BWing & , , selective/delayed vaxing, SAHM. Trying to talk DH into TTC baby #5.
momof4girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:51 AM   #13
RebeccaMomof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyScott View Post
so question of the day to get things moving: I'm thinking about getting GMD yellow edge prefolds because I find I primarily snappi these days for the sake of time and my infants are seeming a bit on the narrow side for snapping (kind of like we were discussing yesterday, or was it the day before?) anyway would you go for it??
I think if you are going to snappi then the answer is yes they hold resale value well too
Old 02-25-2009, 06:52 AM   #14
momof4girls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh, wotb: medium light brown edge pf, bsww
CDing, sometimes BWing & , , selective/delayed vaxing, SAHM. Trying to talk DH into TTC baby #5.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:53 AM   #15
mamazluv
You know you want this.........
seller

My Mood:

????????? im not the one to ask. i have an almost daily struggle. i. must. not. dip. into. investment. dipes.

i really think i could use infants w doublers, but "i" only have premiums, and a few toddlers for night. and yes a few bamboo, and bamboo doublers. but the struggle is that i have a case of dipes. i could easily go get preemies and infants........

i have enough dipes. i have enough dipes......
Old 02-25-2009, 06:53 AM   #16
momof4girls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I pin my pfs, but I still like the xtra width...
Old 02-25-2009, 06:55 AM   #17
momof4girls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamazluv View Post
????????? im not the one to ask. i have an almost daily struggle. i. must. not. dip. into. investment. dipes.

i really think i could use infants w doublers, but "i" only have premiums, and a few toddlers for night. and yes a few bamboo, and bamboo doublers. but the struggle is that i have a case of dipes. i could easily go get preemies and infants........

i have enough dipes. i have enough dipes......
LOL...I tell myself that daily. So now Ive been buying coverss (bought a bummis super snap last night to try, and a swaddlebees wrap...fsot, never bought anything new)
Old 02-25-2009, 06:57 AM   #18
RebeccaMomof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

well LG (little girl I babysit) is here today. She had her front tooth extracted yesterday (she is not yet 3; it was rotted to the gum) and her dad says "she is so happy today!" I felt like saying to him "Of course she is...she had a tooth in her mouth that was aching and infected for months...you'd be happy when the pain went away too" but I said "I am glad she is having a good day! We are going to have fun" :shakehead:
Old 02-25-2009, 07:02 AM   #19
momof4girls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaMomof3 View Post
well LG (little girl I babysit) is here today. She had her front tooth extracted yesterday (she is not yet 3; it was rotted to the gum) and her dad says "she is so happy today!" I felt like saying to him "Of course she is...she had a tooth in her mouth that was aching and infected for months...you'd be happy when the pain went away too" but I said "I am glad she is having a good day! We are going to have fun" :shakehead:
awwww, poor girl! Glad she is feeling better!
Old 02-25-2009, 07:05 AM   #20
MommyScott
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissamomof3girls View Post

Mommyscott could you pm me any specific things that have helped you most. I'm not sure if on our budget plan I have too many categories of savings for things that could rather be going for debt-reduction?

So guess what, yesterday my oldest dd just still seemed so sick. Fever was gone but she's been up about 4 hours of each night coughing her little lungs up. I just couldn't take it anymore and knew that something wasn't right with her. I think I mentioned before she was born with Laryngomalacia which ususally causes her to be sicker and for a longer time . Anyway, I took her to the doctor yesterday afternoon and she has walking pneumonia and an ear infection. so he gave her a nebulizer treatment and ordered us one for home & an antibiotic. And last night, she slept through the night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, I think the prescription & breathing treatment are already helping her!!! Thank you Lord!
I'll post the "tip" that I think helped me the most here because I think it could be helpful to others too

I think the key for us was getting it done as FAST AS POSSIBLE, we made major sacrifices in our budget and worked our tails off to do it as quickly as possible, but I could NOT have lived that kind of life style long term because it was very very difficult. I think people should work VERY hard for a short amount of time and if they're really feeling super burnt out, take a month or two "break" from that intense pace and then get back to it. It's about short intense efforts and you can get a lot done that way.

on a different note, I'm GLAD you got your daughter to the dr in time and she's already seeming to do better

God hasn't called me to be successful. He's called me to be faithful. - Mother Teresa
MommyScott is offline   Reply With Quote