Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-25-2009, 10:18 PM   #301
mom2piddle
Registered Users
seller

Re: Back to Basics Pay it Down! Wednesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Carolina, I never did say anythingabout your PFs. Once I got past the absolute CUTENESS of your baby's legs, it does look like they are pushing maximum rise. The good news is you can trifold them indefinitely, but that probably doesn't help you in the poo department. The bad news is you do need something longer. You could do reds or something similar, or go to premiums.

I can see being able to feed your family for $200 a month or less. It's definitely doable. You have to have time and the freezer and pantry space to stockpile expensive things, like buying meat on sale or in bulk, using coupons and doing the CVS thing to get your health, beauty, and cleaning supplies, stacking coupons with sales for things, etc so you are buying very little at full price. Then of course your meals are heavily supplemented with beans/legumes and rice/grains, all dried of course. And you make the majority of your meals from scratch and buy no convenience foods unless you get them for free or almost free with sales/coupons. I'm not there yet, but many people are.
It is funny that you mention this (although you are truely right in some ways)...I do use coupons and I stack them at CVS but otherwise I use some coupons at Walmart and Giant Eagle but only a few and close to none lately...the post about the $93 trip to Walmart only had 1 $1 off coupon and it was peelie off of a box of $1.88 or $1.66 box of whole grain pop-tarts (can't remember price) and it was the only one there or I would have gotten more for that price! ...none used at Bottom Dollar and I haven't really been there in awhile (go there buy a case or 2 of ramen noodles to keep around the house and a pack or 2 in my desk for when I forget my lunch...)...

We only use beans in chili and sometimes spaghetti sauce and in some of my bf's creations that he comes up with in his head but otherwise I have a small chest freezer, large pantry, and a small fridge...I buy some convenience foods (packaged oatmeal, banquet frozen meat things for the kids, ramen noodles, frozen or canned ravioli, precooked chicken, premade pizza) but who can resist and if you know who has the best prices you can make it work...I think the savings is in things like buying frozen juice and adding a bit more water, buying locally grown produce vs. reg produce at Giant Eagle (Giant Eagle buys it from local farmers and sells for a great price right in the store) like peaches...when they are in season you pay $0.99/lb for local vs. $1.49/lb for the reg., or grapes at any store is a good example...they go on sale all the time around here...why pay $1.99/lb when you know that if you wait 1-2 weeks you can get them $0.99/lb....after you buy the smae things over and over again you start to remember where you can find certain items that you use regularly for less and go there to get them....like the banquet things are $2 or less at Walmart but are $3-$4 at the reg store...big difference in frozen juice, box of mac and cheese is about $0.50 at Walmart, somewhere are $0.33 a box at GE and Aldi....so yeah with the mac and cheese it is a savings of $0.17 but when you have to buy 3-4 boxes at a time because you go thru 2-3 boxes a meal it adds up!

W/o some of the convenience stuff it is really hard to make sure that the kids have dinner in a timely manner after I get off work and pick them up from daycare....we are a bit more lacked in the summer and tend to grill a good bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macyllehub View Post
Jennifer, I have made the waist the same as the body... and I find it just fine. Make your waist about 5 inches less than your babys actual waist measurements.
really? 5 inches smaller? I was thinking 2-3 inches but leaning more towards the 3 in mark....

oh and BTW, you do great work and should do some for some xtra $$...

Advertisement

Old 02-25-2009, 10:24 PM   #302
mom2piddle
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Melissa, have you tried goat's milk and cheese to see if he reacts to it? #1 was dairy sensitive, but not to goat dairy. I wouldn't drink goat's milk straight, but used it in place of milk for cooking.
I've had ice cream made from goat's milk...it is so rich and creamy but you can get it pasturized in the organic markets here and it is safe to drink...

Quote:
Poor teething baby. 10MO and still only two teeth. Guess I better nurse him to sleep, and probably me too.
that's how the baby was and then all of the sudden got what seemed like a mouthful all at once...When I got over that crying spell/shock then she got all 4 1 yr molars at once

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macyllehub View Post
H would be a great size to make longies too
thanks for all of your help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisathena View Post
I have not tried goats milk! My friend suggested that awhile back i should get some fr cooking i am ok not drinking it. . i just have the problem w/ cheese. And yes i love potatoes so i have been trying to make more of those, thank you! Fish. . um we are in MOntana and dont wanna buy it from the store here. . lol i like shrip and crab tho. . i wonder if i could find that for cheap??!!

Ok ladies dh gave me the boy. . who is so happy and cute right now. . .and i am going to make him go to bed. . i hope he just goes to sleep. . lol

Goodnite all
I was thinking salmon but didn't think that you may or may not be able to get it there...just suggested
Old 02-25-2009, 10:29 PM   #303
Macyllehub
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I go up to 5 inches smaller if I am using the same sized hook with 100% wool. I go 3-4 inches smaller for different gauge.
Expecting someone small Sept 2014
Macyllehub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:36 PM   #304
mom2piddle
Registered Users
seller

I've done a few rows on the waistband and a few rows on my other project...so time for bed for me...(It's 12:30am here) chat with you all in the morning!
Old 02-25-2009, 11:13 PM   #305
smaccalaska
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's 9:12 here and I'm ready for bed. *yawn*

Anyone still up?
Old 02-25-2009, 11:30 PM   #306
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by smaccalaska View Post
It's 9:12 here and I'm ready for bed. *yawn*

Anyone still up?
me! and it's now 10:30 here
RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:06 AM   #307
monicadd
Registered Users

My Mood:

I dont think anyone was in my business, if i didnt want suggestions on things to do i wouldnt of mentioned it at all.

Sorry i crashed and burned early tonight but now its 2am and im up. so is keke for some reason. it really sucks cause i have appts early in the morning and i am going to be beat now.

Melissa as soon as more funds come in ima try some of those shaklee products.
Devoted and Gorgeous DH CJ
monicadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:45 AM   #308
smaccalaska
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So... I posted and then wandered away from the computer. Fatigue intensifies my ADD. I need to go to sleeeeeeeeeeeeeep, but want to wait until the diapers are done with their second wash so I can toss them in the dryer.

It's CRAZY windy here. I had to stuff a scarf around our front door because snow was coming in the crack. The hood of my parka (which was hanging by the door) was filling with snow, which was melting. That would have been a nasty surprise when I put it on in the morning...

So, scarf stuffed around door and parka moved. Knock on wood with a lucky four-leafed rabbit's foot, this nasty blizzard will be gone by morning.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:01 AM   #309
smaccalaska
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thursday...