Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-25-2009, 06:42 AM   #11
Shaineinok
Registered Users
seller

Re: You're the wool that I want! -Wednesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1sarena View Post
Good morning to you as well and everyone else!! Its nice and sunny here today. I hope that cold stays away

How do you have
And on to knitting, I finished sewing up the silky swing top for my lo. What do ya all think? And how do I make the button loops for the back? (Ignore the clips and rubberband for now!!) I also got these embellishments on my shipping excursion with Ahuva yesterday!

Isn't that darling! I don't know how to do the loops. Never had to yet.

Advertisement

Shaineinok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:43 AM   #12
bodiejake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devholan View Post
Shaine, ouch on four molars! But yay for the gusset -- it seems like once that's done it finishes so fast.

Forgot to mention that I have a knit class tonight. It's supposed to cover DPNs but the instructor is letting me add all sorts of topics, so we're definitely going over short rows and duplicate stitching.
fun!! I want to learn duplicate stitching too.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:44 AM   #13
Jazzmin
Registered Users
seller

Hello, ladies :wave2:

I've been lurking the past week or so and thought I wold finally come out. I've been coming to check out your woolies and yarn. Such talent in this group!

I've actually only been putting wool on my youngest for a month or so. I knitted her three pairs of longies and we wear them every other day or so. I have a bunch of nice yarn coming and plan on knitting her shorties for the summer.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:48 AM   #14
c1sarena
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie K View Post
that is adorable!!!

I had a movie night last night with a bunch of friends, we went to someone's house and I nearly finished my scrappies! I only have the cuff left to do (Which will probably take me all day...I hate seed stitch, I knit too tight I think for that). So in the meantime....tell me about blocking!
Thanks!! I also had a movie night Sunday with my daughter
c1sarena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:50 AM   #15
~Peach~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Welcome Jazzmin
And good morning to the rest of you! Im back to working on the FFS yymn slot with peace fleece. I should've just conditioned it before I started knitting wtih it because its sooooooooooo much easier now.

Sakura Knit YYMN giveaway at 100 fans!
~Peach~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:52 AM   #16
devholan
knit wit
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie K View Post
that is adorable!!!

I had a movie night last night with a bunch of friends, we went to someone's house and I nearly finished my scrappies! I only have the cuff left to do (Which will probably take me all day...I hate seed stitch, I knit too tight I think for that). So in the meantime....tell me about blocking!
I can't wait to see your scrappies. I also don't like seed stitch yet. I'm going to follow Angela's advice and knit up a swatch flat to see if it improves my technique.

Heather, that yarn is nice! If I'm home, I can try to help you get it. How is Isabelle feeling; has she recovered from her shots? And is she sleeping in the office ok now?

Come see our new store at BLUE GRASS BABY
devholan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:59 AM   #17
amyruth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1sarena View Post

How do you have busing for your 3yo, that's a blessing!

And on to knitting, I finished sewing up the silky swing top for my lo. What do ya all think? And how do I make the button loops for the back? (Ignore the clips and rubberband for now!!) I also got these embellishments on my shipping excursion with Ahuva yesterday!

It's a huge blessing as he's 50lb... I can't really lift him anymore, at 32+ weeks preggo. Even DH has trouble getting him in his carseat. The bus driver saw me struggling with him today and came up the front walk to help. What a sweet guy!!

He's bussed because he's classified as disabled and is in an Easter Seals integrated classroom. He generally loves to get on the bus, but some mornings he's a hard starter. He grinned at me and say "Bye bye mommy" from his carseat so I knew he was fine. He's just a stinker when he has his mind set on something...

Pretty top! Not sure about the buttons... Maybe an i-cord or crochet loop that you can tak on.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:59 AM   #18
Shaineinok
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Shaine, ouch on four molars! But yay for the gusset -- it seems like once that's done it finishes so fast.

Forgot to mention that I have a knit class tonight. It's supposed to cover DPNs but the instructor is letting me add all sorts of topics, so we're definitely going over short rows and duplicate stitching.
I wish there was a LYS close enough for me to do that. I have had to teach myself most everything. Still have to figure out duplicate stitching.

Oh the molars are killing us. She has this high pitched squeal she does when she isn't happy, and its been almost constant for a few days now. Nothing seems to help. I swear my eardrums are numb...
Old 02-25-2009, 06:59 AM   #19
Jazzmin
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Peach~ View Post
Welcome Jazzmin
Thank you.

Quote:
I can't wait to see your scrappies. I also don't like seed stitch yet. I'm going to follow Angela's advice and knit up a swatch flat to see if it improves my technique.
I dislike seed stitch too. I am a tight knitter and I found it helpful if I pull it down, away from the needle, because it stretches it out a bit and I am able to see the pattern better. I guess I fell better about the stitch when I do that way.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:01 AM   #20
Shaineinok
Registered Users
seller

Hi Jazzmin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Peach~ View Post
Welcome Jazzmin
And good morning to the rest of you! Im back to working on the FFS yymn slot with peace fleece. I should've just conditioned it before I started knitting wtih it because its sooooooooooo much easier now.
Oh yeah conditioning makes all the difference. I really like knitting with PF