Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-25-2009, 07:01 AM   #21
devholan
knit wit
seller

My Mood:
Re: You're the wool that I want! -Wednesday

Jazzmin, I'll have to keep that in mind. On my first go w/ the seed stitch, I thought there was too much gapping after a few rows, so I started pulling tighter. not good!

Advertisement

Come see our new store at BLUE GRASS BABY
devholan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:03 AM   #22
ladybenz
following my heart to the art

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyruth View Post
Good morning!

Just put a kicking and screaming 3yo on the bus (he wanted to stay and listen to his music!). Of course he's fine as soon as the bus got here but a 50lb resister is a handful!!

I'm trying to figure out if I want some Cascade now... I can get Ecowool but they are solids. Nice and bulky though. The colors I chose are not filling so I might just drop out for now. My PP has been hit hard with all the co-ops lately.
Aww, wanting to stay and listen to music. As for cascade, I don't know how much you get it for in the co-op but my LYS has 220 for $6.90 a skein and has just about every color imaginable, so if there's a particular color you want that you can't get through your coop, LMK and I'll see if I can get it for you when I go to knit night next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devholan View Post
Good morning!
Aimee, I can't wait to see pics. Is your vertigo all gone today?
Amy, I bought some eco wool the other day and love the feeling, though the cascade colors do look a bit more vibrant. I like the look of the quatros online.
Vertigo seems mostly gone. I still feel a little disoriented if I bend over or if I stand up too fast, but mostly better. TFA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaineinok View Post
Good morning! Got my oldest off to school, emptied the dishwasher and started the diaper laundry. My little one is still cranky, hoping those teeth cut threw before she and i go crazy. She's getting four molars all at one time.
I hope to have time to get most of her shorties finished today. I started the gusset, just a bit this morning.
Ugh, teething sucks. Roman has been cutting a tooth a minute for months now, so I feel your pain. Joel still only has two teeth. I wonder if he'll cut all of them at once?

Quote:
Shaine, ouch on four molars! But yay for the gusset -- it seems like once that's done it finishes so fast.

Forgot to mention that I have a knit class tonight. It's supposed to cover DPNs but the instructor is letting me add all sorts of topics, so we're definitely going over short rows and duplicate stitching.
See if she can teach you Japanese short rows--then come back and teach me! Oh, BTW, Mark and I are firming up our vacation plans, and we're definitely going to be in NC the week of March 9th. We're probably going to leave Charlotte Monday or Tuesday and drive up to Asheville. I don't know if we're just going to be in Asheville for the day, or if we'll spend the night, but then we're going to head up to Kentucky to visit the inlaws. I am thinking a night in Asheville might just give me the serenity I need to make it through the rest of the week in Kentucky. But I'll definitely let you know as we firm up our plans. We'd love to see you guys again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodiejake View Post
morning guys!! My hands are killing me from working on a pair of shoes with cestari. It is so thick when I crochet it. I have 3 of the 4 hats done for a custom so I hope to finish the last hat today. so many projects and so little time.

I have to take DS to a movie with his school this morning. Fun times at the movies with a class of 2 year olds. Gotta get home in time to snag this though.

http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?id=74553&vid=2181
Pretty! I'll help you stalk it. I've been jonesing for a stalking fix and I don't need to buy ANY more yarn for myself, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie K View Post
that is adorable!!!

I had a movie night last night with a bunch of friends, we went to someone's house and I nearly finished my scrappies! I only have the cuff left to do (Which will probably take me all day...I hate seed stitch, I knit too tight I think for that). So in the meantime....tell me about blocking!
Movie night sounds fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzmin View Post
Hello, ladies :wave2:

I've been lurking the past week or so and thought I wold finally come out. I've been coming to check out your woolies and yarn. Such talent in this group!

I've actually only been putting wool on my youngest for a month or so. I knitted her three pairs of longies and we wear them every other day or so. I have a bunch of nice yarn coming and plan on knitting her shorties for the summer.
:wave2: Hello!

Sarena, I love the top--I thought I had it multiquoted but it seems I lost it. That's a very pretty stitch pattern, and that purple...
ladybenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:04 AM   #23
~Peach~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

And bonus my nose isn't going as crazy as it was before. I dont know if softening it made the PF shed less or what but I think I kinda like it now.
My seed stitch is pretty tight too but I think I like it that way. You cant see any of the knit stitches and I think it looks more elegant that way.

Sakura Knit YYMN giveaway at 100 fans!
~Peach~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:06 AM   #24
amyruth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Amy, I bought some eco wool the other day and love the feeling, though the cascade colors do look a bit more vibrant. I like the look of the quatros online.
I love the quattros. I picked out a rainbow of quattros but they are not filling and I can't do 10 of each color. I think the quattros would make a wonderful rainbow stripe pair of longies!!
http://www.cascadeyarns.com/cascade-220Quatro.asp

Old 02-25-2009, 07:06 AM   #25
devholan
knit wit
seller

My Mood:

Aimee, I agree: you guys need to stay over! We'll definitely be in town (we leave for Utah on the 14th) and would love to see you.

Come see our new store at BLUE GRASS BABY
devholan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:07 AM   #26
~Peach~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oooooh I forgot to share! Dh and I are traveling to Chicago this weekend. He has some video game friends there and they are having a big get together so we are going to drive to meet up with them. Im excited because we haven't been out of state in nearly two years and I love Chicago (although traffic is far worse then ANYTHING I've ever experience in MI).

Old 02-25-2009, 07:08 AM   #27
~Peach~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Amy I wanted 5018 and 5014 but I saw them on another site and they arent the same colors. 5014 looked more peachy then pink and I just dont like the color peach

Old 02-25-2009, 07:12 AM   #28
amyruth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Check out the difference in pooling on the sizing for the Rainbow... Interesting.

http://hyenacart.com/AdventureKnits/
Old 02-25-2009, 07:12 AM   #29
MollyJones
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Getting a picture post together...
Old 02-25-2009, 07:12 AM   #30
bodiejake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Heather, that yarn is nice! If I'm home, I can try to help you get it. How is Isabelle feeling; has she recovered from her shots? And is she sleeping in the office ok now?
thanks!! She is doing ok. Last night she went to bed really easy. Up at 10:30 to eat, 1:45 to eat, 4:30 to eat and then DS was up at 6:30.

She goes right back to sleep after she eats, so we are getting there. One day, I'll get to sleep again. I am guessing it will be when they graduate and move out.