Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-26-2009, 12:56 AM   #1
smaccalaska
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
It's Thursday Somewhere! RAOK B2B Thursday

Background: We rock out to the tune of the old school. Prefolds, flats, burlap sacks, fig leaves. Some of us use other stuff as well, but we like our basics. We are a diverse bunch who somehow still get along eerily well. Jump right in. We are not scary.

Ladies, I've been in a funk lately. So here's my plan. Today is our Random Acts of Kindness day. Do something nice for someone. It can be for a stranger, a friend, a family member. Don't worry about the size of your random act... just mindfully do something unexpected and kindhearted, and then post about it.

And since we haven't in a while...

WOTB (what's on the bum)?
WOYB (what's on your bum)?
WOHB (what's on his/her bum - your significant other, or an amiable stranger if you (a) don't know what your SO is wearing, (b) are currently single, or (c) have a partner who regularly eschews underpants on principle)?

Advertisement

Old 02-26-2009, 01:06 AM   #2
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: It's Thursday Somewhere! RAOK B2B Thursday

Ooh, fig leaves. Nice. Dd found a leaf in the yard today that would be big enough but it was falling apart and becoming a bit revealing

for the funk.

Today is my mini-playdate day where I let a friend do her week's worth of laundry at my house and we hand out and she helps me with knitting. But that's a scheduled act of kindness, not random so I need to think of another one.

WOTB: As she's asleep, it will be a BG organic AIO.

I have our month's worth of cash in envelopes with the budget printed out and hanging over the envelopes. Eeeek!
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 01:12 AM   #3
smaccalaska
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our window is coated with snow, and the wind is making the dog growl. He hears the noises and then can't see to check them out.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:51 AM   #4
mamazluv
You know you want this.........
seller

My Mood:

BURLAP?? not here. you crack me up.
faith, your day sounds fun.

dogs are stupid. mine do that too. they are yippy ankle biters, one literally bites your calves as you walk away.

wotb... nighttime wet tiedye premium w a bamboo doubler. still sleeping.
wotb... generic pull up
womb.. pink and white stripe granny panties
wohb... i was too tired to care. he just left for work. but i will find out before bed

i have been losing a little weight i dont know how much, i cant own scales bc i get obsessed. my wedding rings almost fit, and i dont have to lay down to button my pants..

i have to sew today again.
school was delayed for fog. hopefully they cancel, dd can be very helpful. i can have her dust and play w the girls some while i work...
Old 02-26-2009, 05:41 AM   #5
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's funny you declared random acts of kindness today. I have three thiings I got ready for the mail today. One was those four HH pockets that I tried to sell and the seller went goofy on me (remember, I asked for y'alls opinions), and I am giving it to a mama in need. The second is a XL pocket I'm sending to a mama with a LO too big for OS pockets who needs to find an overnight diaper - and I have SO been there. She's not in finanacial need, but I want her to have one less thing to buy while she's figuring out what works for her. And the third is $9 in coupons for formula for one of our b2b mamas here. I can't get #3 to drink formula hardly at all, and they sent me some, so why not pass them on to someone who will use them?

But I will try to do something else too. I gotta go to the store and buy caffeine, maybe there's opportunity there.

I forgot to put the oatmeal in the crockpot last night, so I'm trying to cook it on the stove since I bought the slow-cook kind. I've already boiled it over once. I'm not cut out for this. Or maybe it's because there's no caffeine in the house.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:51 AM   #6
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Melissa, I forget if you can have soy, I know Steph can't, but soy milk/yogurt/cheese is not bad. I also used the goat's milk to make pudding for more calories.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:55 AM   #7
princemelissas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamazluv View Post
wotb... nighttime wet tiedye premium w a bamboo doubler. still sleeping.
wotb... generic pull up
womb.. pink and white stripe granny panties
wohb... i was too tired to care. he just left for work. but i will find out before bed
that was too funny for this early in the morning

wotb: he's still sleeping so a sposie

AOTD: does not killing DH count as a random act of kindness?

ETA:

WOMB: black cotton, I'm sure there is a hole somewhere

WOHB: hold on, I have to ask......... Hanes Tagless grey boxer briefs

Last edited by princemelissas; 02-26-2009 at 06:35 AM.
princemelissas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:57 AM   #8
melissamomof3girls
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Morning Ladies.

Mamazluv ~ for losing weight!!! Always good not to have to lay down to button your pants

Cheryl ~ That's nice of you. I'm sure those mamas will be very blessed.

WOTB: Baybee OS Fitted w/ Prowrap
WOMB: I'll never tell
WOHB: Boxers, as always
Old 02-26-2009, 06:07 AM   #9
princemelissas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

BTW, Sara your siggy is funny!
princemelissas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:18 AM   #10
maman08
Registered Users
seller

I like the idea of a RAOK today. Since we had to wait around for the embassy to send someone out to recharge our natural gas thingy (technical term) so that we could have heat and hot water (which went out at 10 last night...) we haven't been able to leave the house yet so I may have to figure out a way to do a virtual RAOK or something.

My small rant for today...I hate having to depend on the embassy to get stuff done. The local national employees seem to think that although they work for Americans they don't have to work an American schedule, so no one answers the phones until almost 9:30, and they're all gone for lunch for like two hours, and they stop answering the phones at like 4 in the afternoon. So when something happens like with our heat this morning, I have to keep calling until I can get ahold of the one American in the housing office, and have to keep calling him to ask him to harass the other people in the office because otherwise our requests fall through the cracks. Seriously, it's 30 degrees outside, we haven't had heat for almost 12 hours, and I have a baby. Is it too much to ask for someone to come and fix our gas?!?! Okay, I'm done now. *deep breath*

WOTB: toddler pf, premie doubler, snappied under PUL cover (in case of antibiotic poo)
WOMB: blue cotton thong
WOHB: boxers of some sort...was too tired this morning to notice what kind

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamazluv View Post

i have been losing a little weight i dont know how much, i cant own scales bc i get obsessed. my wedding rings almost fit, and i dont have to lay down to button my pants..
at the first comment, and for the weight loss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princemelissas View Post
that was too funny for this early in the morning

wotb: he's still sleeping so a sposie

AOTD: does not killing DH count as a random act of kindness?
I would definitely consider that a random act of kindness, and I'm sure he would as well.

maman08 is offline   Reply With Quote