Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-26-2009, 07:43 AM   #21
MommyScott
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: It's Thursday Somewhere! RAOK B2B Thursday

Quote:
Originally Posted by smaccalaska View Post
Background: We rock out to the tune of the old school. Prefolds, flats, burlap sacks, fig leaves. Some of us use other stuff as well, but we like our basics. We are a diverse bunch who somehow still get along eerily well. Jump right in. We are not scary.

Ladies, I've been in a funk lately. So here's my plan. Today is our Random Acts of Kindness day. Do something nice for someone. It can be for a stranger, a friend, a family member. Don't worry about the size of your random act... just mindfully do something unexpected and kindhearted, and then post about it.

And since we haven't in a while...

WOTB (what's on the bum)?
WOYB (what's on your bum)?
WOHB (what's on his/her bum - your significant other, or an amiable stranger if you (a) don't know what your SO is wearing, (b) are currently single, or (c) have a partner who regularly eschews underpants on principle)?

WOTB: Peter - premium prefold with hemp quad-folded doubler, Lily - infant prefold with preemie prefold doubler
WOMB: fruit of the loom striped bikini cut cotton undies
WOHB: ? I don't know.... but my little girl is wearing fairy undies does that work?

Advertisement

God hasn't called me to be successful. He's called me to be faithful. - Mother Teresa
MommyScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:49 AM   #22
mom2piddle
Registered Users
seller

mornin'...so far I've gotten a lot accomplished this morning but still have a ton to do later...

Here's what's done so far:
crocheted 1 1/2 rows on waistband for baby item (probably capri's or shorties)
got ready for work
got big kids on buses
folded diaper laundry with DD3 and DS
put laundry from washer to dryer
stripped sheets from my bed, put in washer, now in dryer
fed baby breakfast and nursed
put away most of diaper laundry and brought bins up to nursery

Anyone else not soo organized but want to be? Why is it that laundry in this house can get washed and dried but takes forever to get folded and even longer to get put away? DD2 takes the whole pile and sets it on top of the dresser hoping I won't notice thanks to the dresses hanging over her and DD3's dresser (it's in the walk in closet) She puts away socks and undies and then wears what's in the pile thru out the week....Which I guess I shouldn't complain at least they are clean but I could have saved a ton on that dresser...I have caught DD3 picking a shirt or 2 out of the dirty clothes hamper..DD1 has a long 3 drawer antique dresser that is part of my mom's bedroom set from when she was a kid (DD2 sleeps in the bed, the desk is in the girls room, the smaller dresser and nightstand are in my room for now) DD2 and DD3 share a long dresser w/ 6 drawers, 3 on each side for each child, DS has the same color dresser only it is the tall 4 drawer style and I have a tall one as well....not really sure why I have so many dresser as I have very few clothes but it hides the mess in my room...the baby has her clothes hanging, some in the change table on the crib(summer) and some in bins on the shelves of the big change table (winter) along with bins for diapers...

not sure what my RAOK will be today....

WOTB: trifolded UB LL reg prefold w/ lavendar PUL cover, and more trifolded prefolds for daycare today with other PUL covers...I switched my wash routine the other day and the BG's didn't get as clean as I like them to be....so after hanging them to dry I have to rewash them with the next load of diaper laundry....
Old 02-26-2009, 07:49 AM   #23
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok I have just bruned 30 CD of DH's work for the show today.
I have a conference call in 15 minutes for training on a federal grant I am reading for. Need to get DH out of bed so he can watch DD

WOTB: wet LL fitted and wool soaker/bloomers
WOMB: jammie pants
WOHB: jammie pants
WOMAB(what's on my aunts bumb): hanes unders (I do the laundry while I am here and thus know her brand)
OK gotta fly...back later with my RAOK.....
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:04 AM   #24
Bumstoppers
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by my1hd View Post
about the dishwasher. Mineworks best with those too. have you tried the cleaner for it? that might help a lot

)

See I'm a cheapsate....I didn't think something that cleaned needs to be cleaned... Can I clean it out myself with bleach or something? Every penny is being pinched right now...
Bumstoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:06 AM   #25
melissamomof3girls
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by negrapy View Post
wohb: boxer briefs - who knows what color or condition
My dh would kill me for saying this, but many of his have holes in the rearend. I told him it was from tooting but he swears it's not

Quote:
Originally Posted by my1hd View Post
Speaking of school, i really think i'm going to homeschool next yr. my son is deffinantly not going to preschool and i really think I'm leaning more towards keeping DD1 out of 1st. I think it will be a blast to have them both home and DD1 is alreadfy starting with the "i don't like school" stuff I'm kinda excited i just hope its not to much $$ to do. I'm not at all worried about my preschooler but for DD 1 i really want a curriculum so i can make sure she is staying on grade level. At least for reading and math...... Anyway i need to run it by DH again but i'm excited.

Awesome. I'm sure you will have lots of fun!

Mamazluv...shame on you I'm not commando, but I didn't want to try and look to see what brand they were.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:18 AM   #26
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

Hi mamas.

Random act of kindness: Thank you for the reminder!

<< -- WOTB: RRP, one of the ones in the avatar. (We have two.)
WOMB: Granny panties in an odd purple color close to eggplant.
WOHB: Cotton boxer briefs, as always. Don't know the color.
WOTA: A little writing, a phone call or two, lots of laundry, a little cleaning, and taking care of my two nieces, who are both sick and home with me today.

Have a great day mamas!
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:25 AM   #27
Macyllehub
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

RAOK - done. I helped my husband and I'm sure he doesnt even realize it yet. I'm usually never up to make sure he eats, but he was up at 3 am working on some crazy lab due today, so I woke up early, threw on a robe, made a cup of coffee quickly put it in a thermos, then made a bagel with cream cheese, peeled two oranges, and i stuck them all out in his car (all really really quickly because he was upstairs in the office)..... Then I took off my robe, and went back to "sleep" just in time for him to run in our room cursing about being late again. I was "yawning" and stretching and asked him if he ate, he said "BLEEP. no. im late already and I have a 45 minute commute to BSU today".

I know right now, he is feeling loved.

WOTB - LLub prem
WOTB - probably nothing for Daunika. We cannot seem to get her to keep panties on for the life of me.
WOMB - one of my new uuber cute and sexy panties!!!
WOHB- kirkland signature boxers, grey. remember, I was stretching when he got dressed, I got a good view. LOL

WOTA -
Diapers. my favorite laundry to do. oh so easy.
Ruby to conselling @ 11.
Pick up her friend, off to the Zoo we go. Ruby (our teen) hasnt been in years.
Dollar store
Clean bathrooms.
Expecting someone small Sept 2014
Macyllehub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:26 AM   #28
2sunshines
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

good morning. We just got back from the grocery store for our weekly trek. Baby is cuddling nice and quiet on me while 2 yo is being loud as usual... lol

wotb: snappi'd infant prefold with xs thirsties cover.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:27 AM   #29
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So it turns out that I was wrong about E not needing a morning nap today. His eyes were looking all sleepy so we rocked for about 5 minutes and he's out like a light. It sure is quiet around here when he takes a morning nap!

So far the antibiotic poops haven't been too bad to deal with. They're a crazy yellow colour, but my stash isn't so fancy that I particularly care if I get some staining. And I can always sun out on the line if I need to, even if everything will freeze. I'm not going to switch to sposies unless the volume of poop gets too crazy.

WOTB: MEOS with a hemp doubler under fleece longies.

I am going to go make myself a cup of tea. How relaxing!
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:28 AM   #30
Macyllehub
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamazluv View Post

i have been losing a little weight i dont know how much, i cant own scales bc i get obsessed. my wedding rings almost fit, and i dont have to lay down to button my pants..

i have to sew today again.
school was delayed for fog. hopefully they cancel, dd can be very helpful. i can have her dust and play w the girls some while i work...
I'm so happy for you. So happy that I'm going to go do some pilates. I need it. lol
Expecting someone small Sept 2014
Macyllehub is offline   Reply With Quote