Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-26-2009, 05:34 AM   #1
madeinjanuary
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
BSRB Hooray for Stocking Thursday!!

Morning mamas. didn't see a thread started yet.

Had a rough night with roan. I'm hoping today will be a bit smoother. Ryder was extra whiney and clingy yesterday so that's why i didn't even have a chance to get on here. *sigh* Tell me this gets easier? Ryder actually isn't the problem..it's just Roan has gotten into the bad habit of not wanting to be put down, nursing around the clock, and i'm a terrible multitasker when it comes to nursing and trying to play with ryder. ;\

So me and DH have a "date" saturday. It's sad that we haven't really gone out just the two of us since I had ryder back in 2007!!! I dont count going to dinner for a friend's bday as a date. The last movie I've seen in theatres was Spiderman 3 and that was 2 weeks before I gave birth to ryder. So sad, so I'm kind of looking forward to that. Just need to make sure my mom is okay watching the two boys and i'll make sure they're all bathed and fed before I leave.

Advertisement

Last edited by madeinjanuary; 02-26-2009 at 05:39 AM.
madeinjanuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:18 AM   #2
aranel7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: BSRB Hooray for Stocking Thursday!!

Tana, it gets easier. TRUST me. I was in your shoes this time last year and all I can say is, what a difference a year makes! My life is so much easier and better now that the hardest part of having kids close together is over. It will get easier for you too. You won't notice it as it's happening but one day you'll just look back and think "wow, things are much easier now".

I hope your date with DH goes great! My only word of wisdom about that is to nurse Roan the minute before you leave. We were able to go on a bunch of dates even though I had a really young nursling as long as I nursed her right before I left and stayed close just in case.

Soo . . . while I was just changing both kids' diapers, I got hit with some almost debilitating chest pain. I'm really not sure what to make of this because it's still going on now, about 15 minutes later, and it really hurts me! It hurts more when I'm in certain positions. I've never felt anything like this. I'm seriously contemplating calling DH home so that I can go to the urgent care, but I want to give it plenty of time to see if it passes on its own first. This is almost the end of the month (busiest time at the mortgage co) and days away from the opening of the bar, so I want to be very sure that I need him to come home before calling.

Everyday Gourmet with Jennifer Grady Mallowes
aranel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:33 AM   #3
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeinjanuary View Post
Morning mamas. didn't see a thread started yet.

Had a rough night with roan. I'm hoping today will be a bit smoother. Ryder was extra whiney and clingy yesterday so that's why i didn't even have a chance to get on here. *sigh* Tell me this gets easier? Ryder actually isn't the problem..it's just Roan has gotten into the bad habit of not wanting to be put down, nursing around the clock, and i'm a terrible multitasker when it comes to nursing and trying to play with ryder. ;\

So me and DH have a "date" saturday. It's sad that we haven't really gone out just the two of us since I had ryder back in 2007!!! I dont count going to dinner for a friend's bday as a date. The last movie I've seen in theatres was Spiderman 3 and that was 2 weeks before I gave birth to ryder. So sad, so I'm kind of looking forward to that. Just need to make sure my mom is okay watching the two boys and i'll make sure they're all bathed and fed before I leave.
It gets easier! Good luck with your date with DH! I hope you have a GREAT time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aranel7 View Post
Tana, it gets easier. TRUST me. I was in your shoes this time last year and all I can say is, what a difference a year makes! My life is so much easier and better now that the hardest part of having kids close together is over. It will get easier for you too. You won't notice it as it's happening but one day you'll just look back and think "wow, things are much easier now".

I hope your date with DH goes great! My only word of wisdom about that is to nurse Roan the minute before you leave. We were able to go on a bunch of dates even though I had a really young nursling as long as I nursed her right before I left and stayed close just in case.

Soo . . . while I was just changing both kids' diapers, I got hit with some almost debilitating chest pain. I'm really not sure what to make of this because it's still going on now, about 15 minutes later, and it really hurts me! It hurts more when I'm in certain positions. I've never felt anything like this. I'm seriously contemplating calling DH home so that I can go to the urgent care, but I want to give it plenty of time to see if it passes on its own first. This is almost the end of the month (busiest time at the mortgage co) and days away from the opening of the bar, so I want to be very sure that I need him to come home before calling.
Where in the chest? I get some pretty rough pains if gas gets in the wrong spot but you dont really want to mess around with chest pain...
Old 02-26-2009, 06:47 AM   #4
aranel7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's right under the right breast. It feels like I would imagine it would feel if I had been kicked in the chest a few times, but of course I have not been kicked in the chest. I don't think it's gas because (TMI) I had just had a pretty reasonable sized BM and it's still going on as strong as ever. I called DH and he's going to come home right away, and my mom is also on her way to relieve him when she gets here. This is the perfect solution because I get to leave right away but DH doesn't have to spend too much time at home and then when I come home I'll have someone here who can help me all day if I need it. I'll keep everyone posted.

Everyday Gourmet with Jennifer Grady Mallowes
aranel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:54 AM   #5
mrsdi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jenn--thinking of you. I hope that the pain turns out to be nothing. Keep us posted.

Tana--SS about Roan keeping you so busy and SS about your rough night. I hope today is a better day for you. A date with DH sounds wonderful!! You deserve it.

Morning, Shannon!

Off to find something for my hungry child to eat for breakfast.

mrsdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:03 AM   #6
MegsMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning ladies.

Jenn - let us know what you find out

Tana - it does get better, just doesn't seem like it when you are in the middle of it.

Well, I will probably be out this morning. Gotta call the doc. DD was up all night and keeps batting at her ear. I think we have an ear infection brewing. She just got over a sinus infection and I know it is not all the way gone. The pink stuff just doesn't do it in our household.

Well, hopefully my M/L SP will be here today. I will take pics. Going to compare sizes and then Claudia will run with the correct size. I can't wait.

Well..off to call doc.
BBL
Old 02-26-2009, 07:05 AM   #7
pennybelly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hey jenn i hope everything goes well. sometimes i get a chest cold and it feels like i've been kicked in the chest. we'll be thinking about you.

tana - it definitely gets easier. my girls are 20m to the day apart. penny is almost 9m now and our days run alot smoother than the first few months did. i know it doesn't help now to hear it but like jenn said you won't really notice it happening and then one day you'll get it. i hope your day runs smoothly.

hi di, hi shannon
Old 02-26-2009, 07:06 AM   #8
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aranel7 View Post
It's right under the right breast. It feels like I would imagine it would feel if I had been kicked in the chest a few times, but of course I have not been kicked in the chest. I don't think it's gas because (TMI) I had just had a pretty reasonable sized BM and it's still going on as strong as ever. I called DH and he's going to come home right away, and my mom is also on her way to relieve him when she gets here. This is the perfect solution because I get to leave right away but DH doesn't have to spend too much time at home and then when I come home I'll have someone here who can help me all day if I need it. I'll keep everyone posted.

Still got a gallbladder? Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdi View Post
Jenn--thinking of you. I hope that the pain turns out to be nothing. Keep us posted.

Tana--SS about Roan keeping you so busy and SS about your rough night. I hope today is a better day for you. A date with DH sounds wonderful!! You deserve it.

Morning, Shannon!

Off to find something for my hungry child to eat for breakfast.
Hi to you too Di!

Tana I meant to say too I am sorry you had a rough night, hard nights with kiddos is no fun at all.

I just cleaned up a bunch and Waiting for the kids to finishing eating breakfast...as it turns out the baby has eaten almost an entire waffle on her own! My little chunker.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:12 AM   #9
momto3girls
Registered Users
Formerly: tajsa
seller

My Mood:

Tana - SS you had a rough night. It was rough here too. I hope it gets better for the both of us soon.

Jen - I hope the chest pains turn out to be nothing.

Morning Diana & Shannon.

I have to nurse J and get the girls ready to take Raeanne to school. BBL
Old 02-26-2009, 07:14 AM   #10
mommyshanti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yeah happy stalking day cant wait to see what u ladies r getting
tana sorry bout the kids but yeah for date night the movies are the only place me and my guy get because it takes about 15 min to get their watch a movie and run back
ive been lucky with this one he can go about 3hrs between feedings my other 2 i would not have been able to leave at all hungry munchkins

jen i have had that same pain hit me i am not one for doc and just wait it out but yeah chest pain is scary especially right their so do what u feel is best if it continues

sold last 2 bsrb last night 1 person changed mind hours later on 1 but it worked out good because then another person bought that 1 and the last 1 too
and someone wants a gm this morning so sellings goin good but i can see it goin dead on the last couple prints