Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-26-2009, 01:47 PM   #1
DaisyGraceBoutique
Registered Users
Formerly: AutumnRoseJewelryCo
seller

Activities for Three 18month olds!

Hello mamas! I hope this is okay here!

I just became the full-time nanny for twin girls who are 18 months old. I will be bringing my son (also 18 months) along with me when I nanny, so I am in need of suggestions for things to keep the 3 busy.

One toddler has been overwhelming to keep busy, so I'm sure adding two more will make it more interesting!

I'm excited, but kind of nervous, I know things my son likes, but the girls may be totally different!

Any input is very much appreciated...

OH, and does anyone know where to get a triplet umbrella stroller in the US? I really like the Obaby stroller, but I can't find it in the US, at all.

Thanks mamas!

Advertisement

Autumn-Rose: Mama to Houston & Daisy-Grace
Nursing Necklaces . Mama Cloth & Fleece Soakers
ISO/IHA
DaisyGraceBoutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:29 PM   #2
3miracles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Activities for Three 18month olds!

My kids loved puzzles, reading, and coloring. Also, they loved to dance to music and do bubbles. Balloons and flashlights also entertained them for a long time. Sometimes it's the simple things.

That is all I can think of right now.
HTH
Old 03-13-2009, 07:49 PM   #3
doodah
Registered Users
seller

Anything that wears them out would be a great idea! Also activities that a group can do easily together. My daycare kids love blocks, balls, coloring, singing and circle games (like ring a round the rosie). I would definitely work on a general routine for all the kids. Meals and naps take a lot of the day and it is easier if they are all doing this together so you get a break! I would also have a list of places you can go with the kids. Perhaps you can have certain days for certain activities so the kids don't get bored and have lots of things to get excited about. They are old enough to do some very basic crafts. Good luck with your new job!
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 08:20 PM   #4
nicumama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used to have a set of Stroller Connectors (plastic things that you can connect umbrella strollers together side by side) They were about $20 and I gothem at toys r us. You could get those and connect a double and single umbrella stroller together or 3 single ones together (you'd need 2 sets of connectors for that).
Keeping 3 toddlers busy- room to run: outdoor play, parks, walks, balls, ride on toys, music and dance time. Coloring, playdoh, doubles or triples of toys is good to have too (cuts down on the fighting)

Single Mommy to Graciela (07-05-08) Born at 32 weeks
and my furrbabies Eeyore, Snicklefritz and Chance.Home Daycare Provider , . My princess is a cloth diaper Graduate! (4/11)Proudly Canadian, with American Blood, Nascar Fan!!!

ISO: Gymboree Girls 4T clothing
IHA: Cloth diapers, girls clothes 2-3T.
nicumama is offline   Reply With Quote