Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-26-2009, 10:14 PM   #1
hlmurray99
Registered Users
seller

fit/rise issues

So maybe you can help me figure out a few things.

My "little" (not so much ) guy is 5 months and 17+ lbs. We just had to get rid of all his small FB and medium blueberry and swaddlebees. He had plumber's crack in all of them, which I guess is considered a rise issue, right? He has large thighs too, which it almost seems like that keeps me from pulling up the dipe as much as it needs to, if that makes sense.

Anyway, BG 3.0 are the staple in our stash. I just had to go to the largest rise setting. Same with my 2 Kiwi Pie fitteds.

So, 2 questions....
1) Does rise slow down in growth? Meaning, am I gonna get much use out of these dipes?

2). What kind of dipe would you recommend for us. I included some pics so you can see the fit issues we're having.

Kiwi Pie fited, largest rise setting.

BG 3.0, largest rise setting.

Medium SS mutt (taken a couple of weeks ago).

Advertisement

Old 02-26-2009, 10:25 PM   #2
smilelykylie
Registered Users
seller

Re: fit/rise issues

Yes, I would definitely say rise growth slows down and also his thighs will slim down when he starts moving around. I have even heard of lots of kids needing to move to larges only to go back to mediums a few months later when they start moving and slim down. Of course every kids growth and PTing time frame is so different.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:51 AM   #3
MTmommyof3
Registered Users

Those dipes look like a gorgeous fit mama and your little guy is ADORABLE!! It could be that his torso has had a growth spurt and likely to not change much over the next several months. I find as babe's hit the toddler stage their little legs grow giving them a long, lanky body.

The ONLY time I worry about rise is if you are seeing "baby crack" in the back. If you don't, you're good to go!

Oh...I would recommend more Kiwi's..LOL Awesome fit on your little man!
Old 02-27-2009, 08:25 AM   #4
mlandorf
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Your LO is just like my LO...we use sposoeasy's mostly...and his crack started showing about 5 months- we are now 7 months and still squeezing into them while I biuld my medium stash. From what I have heard, rise and waist stop changing much and only the inseam grows after about 6-8 months. This is just an observation, but it seems like there are more boys with long rises at young ages and many girls who are still in much smaller diaps MUCH longer. My 7 mo and 3.5 yo both can wear the med sposoeasys (rise = 16.5) although oDS has been PL'd for a couple years If you do need a longer rise, sposoeasy larges are 19 inches and blue penguin (who makes sposos) are coming out with a med long (also 19 in rise) this week or next. GL
mlandorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:33 AM   #5
Momof3tobe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would recommend using something with a double snap for now. Weather it is side or front, depending what works best for your LO. This way you can tighten the waist snap and have the lower snaps looser for his thighs. I know the FBs have the double snaps, as well as many other brands. That may help. I have that issue too with my LO. He is in Med FB, and Large BBs since he was 1 mth. When I sit him up, I have to pull up the back of the diaper. But I don't like to have his waist to tight.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:52 AM   #6
hlmurray99
Registered Users
seller

I'm sorry, I must have not written that clearly. I'm happy with the fit of those FOR NOW. I'm just afraid to buy more and have to deal with the rise being outgrown soon. I was looking to purcahse some more (preferably different) dipes to replace all the small FB, M swaddlebees and M blueberries we just had to sell off due ot the fact that his butt was hanging out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTmommyof3 View Post
Those dipes look like a gorgeous fit mama and your little guy is ADORABLE!! It could be that his torso has had a growth spurt and likely to not change much over the next several months. I find as babe's hit the toddler stage their little legs grow giving them a long, lanky body.

The ONLY time I worry about rise is if you are seeing "baby crack" in the back. If you don't, you're good to go!

Oh...I would recommend more Kiwi's..LOL Awesome fit on your little man!
Old 02-27-2009, 09:57 AM   #7
hlmurray99
Registered Users
seller

We actually have 2 sposoeasy snap mediums, which I love, but I don't suspect that the rise will last us much longer unless his rise stops growing. I can't size up to larges because the smallest waist setting on the medium is already bordering on too large as it is. I'll have to keep my fingers crossed for some medium-longs. That would be good. I just hope the waist isn't any bigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlandorf View Post
Your LO is just like my LO...we use sposoeasy's mostly...and his crack started showing about 5 months- we are now 7 months and still squeezing into them while I biuld my medium stash. From what I have heard, rise and waist stop changing much and only the inseam grows after about 6-8 months. This is just an observation, but it seems like there are more boys with long rises at young ages and many girls who are still in much smaller diaps MUCH longer. My 7 mo and 3.5 yo both can wear the med sposoeasys (rise = 16.5) although oDS has been PL'd for a couple years If you do need a longer rise, sposoeasy larges are 19 inches and blue penguin (who makes sposos) are coming out with a med long (also 19 in rise) this week or next. GL
Old 02-27-2009, 10:11 AM   #8
MTmommyof3
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlmurray99 View Post
We actually have 2 sposoeasy snap mediums, which I love, but I don't suspect that the rise will last us much longer unless his rise stops growing. I can't size up to larges because the smallest waist setting on the medium is already bordering on too large as it is. I'll have to keep my fingers crossed for some medium-longs. That would be good. I just hope the waist isn't any bigger.
Oh no, I got what you were saying. The trouble is there is just no way to predict how a babe will grow. We've cloth diapered four kiddos and in my experience that rise doesn't change much between the late infant and toddler stage.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:41 AM   #9
hlmurray99
Registered Users
seller

Okay, well that's good to know. Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTmommyof3 View Post
Oh no, I got what you were saying. The trouble is there is just no way to predict how a babe will grow. We've cloth diapered four kiddos and in my experience that rise doesn't change much between the late infant and toddler stage.