Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-20-2006, 09:16 PM   #1
*joy*
Registered Users

My Mood:
Anyone ever switched a toddler to cloth?

I am expecting in Jan and going cloth this time. I figured I would try cloth on my 17 month son as well. Besides getting used to putting them on him (he's quite wiggly) should I expect any changes or differences from him?

Btw, he is pl'ing sorta, he goes when we put him on the potty but he also goes in his diaper. He has asked to go potty the last couple of days when he needs to poo. HUGE STEP!!! Maybe the cloth will help

Advertisement

*joy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 09:18 PM   #2
MamaMel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone ever switched a toddler to cloth?

i started a little after my son turned 2! It was easy! No changes. And dont expect cloth to make him PL faster b/c thats not always the case!

have fun shopping
and

WELCOME
MamaMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 09:19 PM   #3
MamaMegan
Banned
seller

I switched DS a bit after he turned two.... if anything it made PLing a lot easier.

ETA.... his learning was because we went cold turkey after a wicket bad rash LOL.

Last edited by MamaMegan; 11-20-2006 at 09:20 PM.
MamaMegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 09:21 PM   #4
BeedieWeedieB
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hehe, thats just about where I was, I had one due in January and lets see it was September that we switched so my other ds was 21 months and we made the switch no problem, instead of looking to see what character was on the dipes he got to pick what color dipe to wear, I started out with only 2 yellow and 1 red FB. I now only have one in dipes but the switch was easy.

GL,
heidi
Old 11-20-2006, 09:32 PM   #5
Timetodance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I switched at 20 mo becuase I wanted to test with toddler before we had another butt to cover.

I love it. We certanly had trial and errror, but I really like our system now.
Timetodance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 09:54 PM   #6
mommyto3girls
Registered Users
seller

I switched Sage at 17 months. No more butts to cover here, but I was feeling guilty about all the diapers I was throwing away after I read an article in Mothering.

Sage loves her diapers. Even when she is dry she will bring me one to put on, she had never done that with sposies. She walks around hugging her diapers also.
mommyto3girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 09:59 PM   #7
Keli10801
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We switched DD#2 at about 17 months. We were having terrible rash problems with her and our newborn so we switched both. It went great for us! She loves picking out her own dipes and has definate favorites. She just turned 2 in August and we now have to buy her cloth doll dipes because she threw her other baby doll dipes away. She tries to put her little sister's dipes on her dolls! LOL
Keli10801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 10:31 PM   #8
Leininger27
Banned

My Mood:

I did. My ds got pnuemonia and after being in the hospital and n antibiotics he was reacting terribly to sposies which he had always worn! Tried several different brands and it didn't matter the rash would get worse and worse and he was bleeding. It was because of that we switched to cloth!!!!
Once we started cloth he started to tell me when he was going potty so we never needed covers!!! LOL Definitely made PLing easier! He was potty trained by 19 months!!!
Hated to see my ds in pain with the rash, but it was the best thing that happened because I never would have converted! But I love cloth now and have been using only cloth with my ds who is 6 months now since birth!!!
Leininger27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 10:32 PM   #9
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

i also switched my son at 2 years old when danae was born, no use in cd her and putting him in stinky spozies, it went great and he PT soon after
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 10:46 PM   #10
lilmama2dsndd
Boobies Broke? Gorilla Glue Em!!!
seller

My Mood:

I switched when DD was about 6.5 months and DS was 2. DD had horrid rashes from bleached diapers (she is allergic to bleach) and the 7th generation ones were so expensive and both my kids peed so much we used 2 pack of dipes on each every week (1 pack @ home, 1 @ DCP) so switching to cloth no only made the rashes and infections that went with the rashes go away, it made the huge diaper bill go away. And despite the fact that I have enough diapers to last 2 weeks, it has still saved us money, and I haven't even started selling them yet '

It hasn't done much for helping DS PL though, he still wants to be a baby so will just pee in a dipe or trainer at home (he potties fine @ DCP BTW )