Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-01-2009, 07:19 PM   #1
house-of-boys
Registered Users
Formerly: bsmama
seller

My Mood:
Feeling anxious

Bennett is almost completely weaned and I'm really feeling anxious about it. At 17 months, I ended up getting a bacterial infection from him biting me. We really began to cut down the feedings, mostly due to high amounts of pain.

Now at 19 months, he's only nursing once a day or even every 2 days. I no longer make any milk on my L side. Every time he nurses, I get worried that it's going to be his last time.

Is it possible to continue until he's 2 (or longer) this way? Anybody else only nurse every couple of days?

Advertisement

house-of-boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:16 PM   #2
house-of-boys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Feeling anxious

Anybody?
Old 03-12-2009, 02:16 PM   #3
AW-R
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, I had to reply, just because my son's name is Bennett too and he also is 18 months old. I have advice to other though. Sorry mama. Theoretically, you should be able to keep nursing if there is a demand, but I guess it just depends on everyone's body being different. Hope you make it! You've done great so far.
Allyssa--mom to Bennett (09/2007) and Lachlan (11/2010), 2 dogs & 2 cats, wife to Arty (14 yrs)--a done-with-diapers , searching for zen, trying to be more green, loves trades, happy-having-a-career mom who tries to do it all!
AW-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:22 PM   #4
house-of-boys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW-R View Post
Well, I had to reply, just because my son's name is Bennett too and he also is 18 months old. I have advice to other though. Sorry mama. Theoretically, you should be able to keep nursing if there is a demand, but I guess it just depends on everyone's body being different. Hope you make it! You've done great so far.
Aw, thanks Mama! We are officially finished nursing and I'm still about it! The last time he nursed, he pulled my shirt down and then signed 'all done' and walked away. The next time (I asked him) he screamed and arched his back.

We made it a couple days short of 19 months. I feel like I've lost some of my identity though- I'm no longer a nursing mother.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:21 PM   #5
**Lisa**
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It is definatley a hard transition. I am starting to think about weaning and it is hard to think about. Your son still needs you and loves you. Try to think about all of the fun/special parts of your relationship and try to start new ones! It will help you focus on something else. Good luck!
**Lisa** is offline   Reply With Quote