Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-23-2006, 01:46 PM   #11
MamaZ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: need some help with my little one

This happened to my DD when I used a different detergent. I switched to All Free and Clear and she hasn't had a problem since. HTH

Advertisement

MamaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 02:01 PM   #12
LimeInTheCoconut
Registered Users

Not to hijack, but this might help the op too:

Where do you buy Allen's? Do you have to buy it online?
LimeInTheCoconut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 02:02 PM   #13
Bare Bottom Gear
Cruelty is a tyrant that's always attended with fear
Formerly: SAHMTo2
seller

My Mood:

Yes you have to buy it online. Although, a couple of lucky mom's can get it in their local health food store.

As far as stripping the machine, I just sprayed kitchen cleaner in it and used a scotch pad to clean everything. Cleaned everything I could get to.

Then I filled it up with hot water to the highest setting and started it. I stopped it after a while of aggitating and used a toothbrush (old one LOL) to get into the little holes because there was icky stuff in some of the ones at the top of the machine.

I put in vinager into the fabric softner "bowl" (ours comes with one but you can fill up a downy ball with vinager and throw it in too)too.

I let it run all the way through the cycle and rised 2x and then it looked and smelled brand new!

I threw the same mf inserts into the wash again and this time I saw no suds so it must have been the washer that was adding soap/fabric softner to the water and that's why the inserts never rinsed clean. Well, and because I was using too much soap!

As far as Free & Clear products go, I recommend that you read the following information on the link below first as sometimes those products are not good for certain people/diapers.

The site I have linked below says this about All Free & Clear: This is a detergent that would be acceptable for prefold and fitted diaper washing but may cause build-up on pocket diapers.

It does have optical brightners where as Allens does not. In fact, Allens has no Enzymes, no built in fabric softner, no scents, and no dyes too. Sensi-Clean/Sport Wash don't either. That is what I switched to. I bought Sun as well because the site said it didn't have anything in it either but the box says it "brightens" so I am thinking it does have "optical brightners" in it.

This is a link I got from another mama who posted on the old ds. It tells you what kind of detergant is best for certain types of diapers. Here it is:

http://www.pinstripesandpolkadots.com/detergentchoices.htm

HTH!

Check out my other FSOT items, I've got diapers, yarn and fiber for sale!!

Last edited by Bare Bottom Gear; 04-23-2006 at 02:16 PM.
Bare Bottom Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 02:14 PM   #14
Lucky Child
AKA The Evil Twin
Formerly: rrandle
seller

My Mood:

Ginger...
could it maybe be a microfiber allergy? If you want I could send you some hemp inserts and you could see if it's that? Just trying to think of something!
Old 04-23-2006, 07:15 PM   #15
kthoelen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is the exact problem I had with ds. I have found out that bc of the PUL his little tushie couldn't breathe and that's what was causing the rash. I have since put him in honeyboys and I am making some more for him. Since I have stopped using PUL on him he has been fine. Not a single rash or redness.

I really hope you find something soon that helps. If you have some fleece or wool covers with fitteds I would try that. and see if that helps at all.

Best wishes

Kerri
Old 04-23-2006, 07:56 PM   #16
lovemygirls
Registered Users
seller

thanks for all the info. I have to try something....right now she's in a sposie until I figure out what to do next.

Ginger
lovemygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 08:42 PM   #17
Hillbilly Bunny
Registered Users

My Mood:

Check the washing machine as soon as it finishes, if there are any suds then you have buildup on the pockets. She could also be allergic to the fleece, but I would guess it's the detergent or buildup

Also, could it be something your baby might be eating? Apples always gave my ds horrible blisters! Or teething? My dd has been getting rashes when she is teething. HTH