Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-01-2006, 07:31 PM   #1
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Talking I did it..Pics in post 34

Naturally that is OMG! it was awful...LOL

Ok let me start: I did NOT go in to labor on my own. I did have to be induced I went to the Dr on Wednesday AM and I was dialated to a 4 and the dr let me know that I tested positive for group B strep. I am still very unfamiliar with it but they needed to get me at least 2 doses of intraveinous antibotics before my baby was born. So since I was already dialated so much they sent me to the hospital. So it wasn't exactly what I wanted but my baby's health trumped all else at that point.

I started the antibiotics but because the ward got so busy(crazy ladies breaking their waters due to the weather change) they thought they'd have to wait until the am to induce my labor but they did end up changing their minds. They gave me pitocin(low dose) at about 8:30 and I started contracting almost right away. I did pretty well for awhile but I had a new nurse "training" on me and she couldn't find my cervix or anything so I acually went through transition with 2 nurses all inside me..it was horrible! LOL I acually asked if "it was as good for them as it was for me" since they were in there for about 10 minutes.

I can't imagine how you mama's that go natural all the time do it...It was honestly pure hell. It hurt so bad....I threw up everywhere, I BM'd, I screamed, I cried, I yelled. It was picture perfect No seriously, it was so painful. I never ever want to do it agian. I was tough but that was hard core.

When she came out the birth canal she swallowed a bunch of fluid...which made her lungs wet and they had to really pump her out. So we weren't able to hold her. But they also drugged me as soon as I had her and I was OUT! I don't even remember much of anything after that and I know I was seeing two of everything.

They kept us until this evening to watch her for the Group B....she appears to be fine...but we have to continue to watch her to make sure nothing sneaks up on her. I was able to acually get 3 doses of the antibiotic so hopefully we won't have to worry about anything with it.

I didn't tear or anything In fact, aside from the contractions I get now I don't feel like I even had a baby. I feel great So far anyway....:lol:

Oh she was born on Wednesday night at 11:55pm, she weighs 7lbs 3oz and is 19 inches long. She's so tiny...and she LOVES to nurse...shes doing super great!

Advertisement

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010

Last edited by Shannon; 12-02-2006 at 12:05 PM.
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 07:33 PM   #2
MamaMel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I did it

congrats

what a great birth story! So honest!!!! Im soo happy for you! I can't wait for pics!

Last edited by MamaMel; 12-01-2006 at 07:35 PM.
MamaMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 07:36 PM   #3
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

See I said it out loud and she heard it! Congrats now get some pictures!

ETA: BTW I am very proud of you and happy that she came!
Old 12-01-2006, 07:44 PM   #4
Luv2bemommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! You did a FANTASTIC job mama!!!! WIth my third I was also GBS + and was induced at 42 weeks at 3cm.. LOL There wasnt any time for antibiotics for me though since she was born in about 4 hours. Can't wait to see pictures!!
Old 12-01-2006, 07:45 PM   #5
mom2kailinconnor
'Cuz inside out is wiggity wiggity wiggity whack!
seller

My Mood:

I am so proud of you mama! I love that you were completely honest with us as well. I don't think I have ever heard someone really tell it like it is. So, thanks for that. Oh and CONGRATS on your baby girl. Can't wait to see pics!!
mom2kailinconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 07:46 PM   #6
lilmama2dsndd
Boobies Broke? Gorilla Glue Em!!!
seller

My Mood:

Congrats mama! Great job!
Old 12-01-2006, 07:55 PM   #7
tessa1002
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OMG I can't believe you went natural after being induced! You are my hero! And just think, next time, when you don't have to be induced, it will be so much easier! Really though, I do NOT know how you did it. I am still in awe. I'm glad you guys are doing so great though, and I can't wait to see pics of her in all her gorgeous longies!
tessa1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 08:05 PM   #8
zionnecherub
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congrats!!!

I never went natural and never will (sorry natural birth mamas...but no thanks) I knew that I wanted the epi right away each time. I figure the tearing and cutting and cracked/bleeding milk factories (sorry tmi ) are enough pain for me.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:06 PM   #9
blessed with boys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I went natural with pitocin with my last ds...(the first 2 I got epi's at 9cm....big whoopie. Labors in general suck for me I guess.) it was hell. I told dh the next day that if I knew the window in my room opened up all the way I would have jumped out of it while in labor.....honestly! I went through bad ppd after to due to my horrible labor....nothing went right.
I wonder why some women can explain labor pain like surges and such.....not for me no way. It hurts like nothing else...I cant imagine any pain being greater than labor pain, for me anyways.
Jackie
blessed with boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 08:07 PM   #10
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

YAY!!! Congrats!!!
Natural does hurt like a bi-otch for sure but I'm glad you did it!! It takes a lot of work! We need pics!!! Where is that beauty!?!