Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-02-2006, 08:04 PM   #1
ashersmom
Registered Users

My Mood:
Need to vent:6 weeks Post-partum

Well, I'm on my 4th child and will be married for 10 years in Aug 07 all that and I'm only 29, soon to be 30 in aug 07...ugh where do I begin...had my 6 wk pp check up and got fitted for a diaphragm and I am so NOT willing to do this method of bc due to the whole spermicidal issues. I feel like I'm interfering with the natural order of creation and I am so uncomfortable with that. We've taken the NFP (Natural Family Planning) classes through Couple to Couple League Intl and so I think we just need to re-take the class as a refresher. Man made contraceptive methods seem so much easier, but are they worth the consequences...I think not. I deperately do not want anymore children, though I love the ones I have, I DO NOT want anymore.

Thanks for listening

Advertisement

ashersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 08:31 PM   #2
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need to vent:6 weeks Post-partum

Well not to sound silly but if you don't want anymore, period, than what happens if God's plan includes more babies? With NFP you have to accept that you could get pregnant, just like any form of BC really. I'm just saying that if there was an oopsie would you be devistated?
Old 12-02-2006, 08:35 PM   #3
Timetodance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So don't use a diaphram, I hated mine. I have been quite happy with the very low dose birth control pill, and the nuva ring (though the ring is too pricy IMO). I may not be the opinion you are looking for, but I know NFP would not work in our house.

Good luck and I hope you find a method that works for you.

Last edited by Timetodance; 12-02-2006 at 08:36 PM.
Timetodance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 09:04 PM   #4
yellowcampcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you are uncomfortable with the diaphragm, why did you get fitted for it? Is it something dh wants to do but you don't? What if you talked to him and explained that it is your body, and something that you don't feel comfortable with, etc. We used NFP between kids and I have friends that have used it to time their pregnancies with great results. Like the pp said, though, it is not foolproof. Kudos to you, mama, for being 29 and a mom of 4! you have a tough job!
yellowcampcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 09:08 PM   #5
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowcampcat View Post
Kudos to you, mama, for being 29 and a mom of 4! you have a tough job!
Do I get kudos too?? I'm 26 with 5 kids!! All boys to boot!! LOL
I love my IUD, I know that it may not be God's invention but he can work his magic even with BC in effect! My last 2 were both BC oopsies, that the only reason I really pointed it out. I know that even if I did get pregnant I'd be ecstatic! I'm not TTC but I still have room in my heart & home.
Old 12-02-2006, 09:11 PM   #6
yellowcampcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

[QUOTE=TwinKristi;498722]Do I get kudos too?? I'm 26 with 5 kids!! All boys to boot!! LOL
Double kudos to you!
yellowcampcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:52 PM   #7
mercy589
Registered Users
seller

I hear you, its frustrating to figure out what's going to work for your family sometimes. Retake those classes if you can. Also, you can check into the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler, they just put out a new edition in Nov. Its the same type thing as the NFP book, just a bit more info in there. Good luck!
Christy - breastfeeding, cloth diapering, natural living, homeschooling, homebirthing, stay at home mama to Lucy (9), Julia (7), Esther (4), Isaac (2), and Baby in Oct my blog about healthy living and mothering
mercy589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:57 PM   #8
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

goodluck mama
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:40 PM   #9
Leininger27
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinKristi View Post
Do I get kudos too?? I'm 26 with 5 kids!! All boys to boot!! LOL
I love my IUD, I know that it may not be God's invention but he can work his magic even with BC in effect! My last 2 were both BC oopsies, that the only reason I really pointed it out. I know that even if I did get pregnant I'd be ecstatic! I'm not TTC but I still have room in my heart & home.

What about me??? I am 25 with 4 kids!!!

ETA: And yes even BC is not 100%. I had my last 2 on BC as well! I am totally open to more kiddos though!

Last edited by Leininger27; 12-05-2006 at 10:42 PM.
Leininger27 is offline   Reply With Quote