Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-21-2009, 08:29 PM   #131
rebeccalynne15
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else getting viruses while on this site?

it has finally hit me too this morning it took over and i couldn't even bring up task manager to close it it was the spyware 2009 thingy too. i ran security scans on mcafee and it said there wasn't anything but there was cause i couldn't even go to any site on the internet i finally has to do a system restore and thet worked until about a half hour ago when i came on ds and it came up again but this time i had the task manager up but minimized (just in case) so i closed it on the task manager and then i came to this thread and read through the whole thing i downloaded the malwarebytes and it is doing a complete scan right now its 24 minutes into it and has found 6 things so far . this sucks!!!!! hope you get it figuired out soon!!!

Advertisement

Old 03-21-2009, 09:06 PM   #132
earthmamastyle
Registered Users
Formerly: barbaramommyof2
seller

My Mood:

ya for me it took the really bad ones to realize what was going on. My dumb anti virus protection wasn't working properly. I got a really bad one yest. and it took out my comp. I finally got it fixed and bout a relly good virus protection. Since I got it I have gotten 5 virus's while on DS. I'm not gonna stop coming to DS though. It'll get fixed! Scary though!!
Old 03-21-2009, 09:24 PM   #133
Husky359
Registered Users

Yes, I have gotten 2 trojans on DS and I was just now trying to figure out how to contact the moderators to let them know. Big bummer that I am getting viruses by coming onto this website! I only have the free version of AVG, so big big bummer!
Old 03-21-2009, 09:32 PM   #134
rebeccalynne15
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

well the scan finished and there was 19 11 of which were trojans 3 password somethings and the rest other viruses all were from today!!! hopefully it gets better soon since mcafee doesn't stop them and i can't afford to get anything else hopefully the malwarebytes will help from now on.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:08 PM   #135
naomi's mama
Registered Users
seller

Glad I saw this post. I thought it was just bad luck that my laptop (work) was acting up. I'm on this site all the time. I had to send it in to get fixed and the tech guys couldn't remove it, so they replaced my hard drive! I couldn't download any pics in photobucket and also couldn't do any google searches (get a blank page) b/c of this trojan or virus. And when I do get through some search, when I click on what I want, I go to a site that has other searches! Very, very annoying!

I'm on a loaner now, but am expecting to get my new work laptop on Monday. I probably can't visit this site again until it gets resolved b/c I don't want to send the new work laptop in again! Someone please e-mail me once this gets resolved b/c I LOVE DS and would hate to stop going here!

Last edited by naomi's mama; 03-22-2009 at 01:19 AM.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:42 PM   #136
danalin26
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had to replace my laptop as well it just went downhill real fast. This thread makes me really angry that SOOO many mamas are having all these issues.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:26 AM   #137
robertribeye
Registered Users
seller

Add me to the list awhile ago, maybe a year it statred shutting down our computer. Then alls eemed good after we got a new computer. Now this?! Pop up malware thing and the bars just start loading and my computer freezes up? - have to quickly shut it down. I'm checking from my blackberry. Can a blackberry get a virus? Ugh. And I live on DS this is saddening to me. Really cause if this doesn't get better I am gonna miss you all sweet mamas. I suppose fluffly mail will still roll in and I can still put stuff up on spots.....sigh
Old 03-22-2009, 03:44 AM   #138
kitscha
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just got back on and so far so good with the ads disabled... Yay and fingers crossed!

I tried to log into this thread earlier today and got two more trojans (presumably before the most recent repairs). So it's nice not to see a virus warning pop up for the first time in three days.

I do appreciate that this must be tough to fix, but to be fair, people have been complaining for some time and were initially told that ds couldn't possibly be the source (and that the mamas complaining may not fully understand the complexities of computers and viruses - these posts all deleted now). And yes, technically, ds isn't the source, but somehow it's been the host for these trojans.

Mamas with ruined computers - I feel for you. That sucks. As for those of us who are mostly complaining about having to stay away from the site - admin and mods, think of it as a backhanded compliment. We're addicted.

For what it's worth, I have AVG Free - just updated it to their 8.5 release - and it's caught everything so far.
to DS#1 (3 years) DS#2 (1.5 years) and wife to DH (for 9 years)
~~~~~for sale: fabbo wool~~~~~
Old 03-22-2009, 08:43 AM   #139
KumfyKozies
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Somewhere underneath my yarn and fabric hoard in the US of A
My Mood:

I'm so frustrated! Even with the ads disabled, Kaspersky is still flagging a the same worm that's been attacking my comp from DS for months! I've gotten both these just in the last hour and a half this morning: I run a total computer scan every night since this crap started, and nothing is ON my computer, it just keeps getting attacked by this worm (note the Kaspersky pop-up in the bottom right-hand corner):

KumfyKozies™- Etsy Shop
Old 03-22-2009, 09:10 AM   #140
kimb96
Registered Users
seller

I'm getting the same warning from kapersky. And a warning where the ad is supposed to be where kapersky refuses to upload the ad because it is infected. I don't understand why they don't take the ads down. kapersky has quarantined 9 viruses from ds in the last week.

Mama to Ethan

Last edited by beenwaitingalongtime; 03-23-2009 at 03:37 PM. Reason: bashing removed
Closed Thread