Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-10-2009, 07:31 AM   #1
yellowcampcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
cd stash for twins?

I used mostly kissaluv 0's and covers for my other 2 kiddos, but I'm wondering how they would fit 5-6 lb babies. (Mine were 7.7 and 8.10)

What did you use for your twins? Do I need nb size and xs? What worked well for you?

What size pf's would I need? How many dipes would I need for twins if I want to do laundry every 2-3 days?

TIA

Advertisement

Last edited by yellowcampcat; 03-10-2009 at 07:32 AM.
yellowcampcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:20 AM   #2
FallBabies
Registered Users

Re: cd stash for twins?

I don't know that I will be terribly helpful, but w/ my twins (who were born just under 5 and 6 lbs), I used xs fuzzibunz, and we had some leak issues due to them having super skinny legs.
If I did it again, I think pf's would have been the smartest route... whatever the smallest size are. And just stock up huge on them, since nb's pee nonstop! My washes were ever 2 days, and I think I was going through 10-12per day, per baby in the beginning (using the pockets.) We also used 'sposies, though, b/c we had 900 of them donated to us, so we found it easier just to use those while I was learning the ins and outs of cloth.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:49 PM   #3
i&a's mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I didn't start CDing until they were 6 months old, so I'm not much help, except that I know some of the WAHMs will make itty bitty dipes.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:14 PM   #4
Toby_99833
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My baby was 5lbs when she was born and was 4lbs and 3 oz at her smallest. I had the hardest time finding something to fit her (because it never dawned on me to look on the internet ) so we used sposies for the first few weeks.

We fabricated our own small diapers with G-diaper covers and prefolds. Ultimately what I am getting at is I would do premie (imse vimse has some) or newborn pf's that fit 5lbs babies and small g-diaper covers or premie diaper covers. G diapers fit really tight against skinny legs without irritation. I have not used any other premie covers, but I assume they would work just as well.

Hope that helps!
Old 03-18-2009, 08:39 AM   #5
naykeewabbits
Registered Users

My Mood:

I stcked up on wahmies ones size when I was preggers but found they leaked too much till the babies were about 5 weeks old, so we used mostly sposies till then.
naykeewabbits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:48 AM   #6
greek4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I will be watching my sister's twins from 8 weeks on. They are identical so they could come as early as 32 weeks or as late as 40 weeks (I don't know the specifics, that is just what the Dr told my sister). I plan to use prefolds and wool/fleece covers until they fit into my OS pockets. I will use my nb stash from our baby who is due a couple months before the twins and supplement with preemie and newborn prefolds that I currently use as doublers.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:01 PM   #7
colj17
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When i wait to do wash on the 3rd day my load is to big and they don't get as clean. every other day seems to do better.
colj17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:50 PM   #8
twinsintennesseeforme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by colj17 View Post
When i wait to do wash on the 3rd day my load is to big and they don't get as clean. every other day seems to do better.
To me this laundry capacity thing is an IMPORTANT consideration. I used Kissaluvs and covers on my twins (weights upon leaving NICU at 4 weeks old were 4.5 lb and 5.5 lb). The size 0 fit but the Bummis and Prorap covers I had were too big. Used woolies I washed to get them to shrink then bought some Bummis Super Brights XS which have a leg double gusset to help close around tiny legs but not tight enough all the time. So back to laundry - I had tons of fitteds but soon realized that I never needed that many b/c I could only wash 12-15 at a time in my front-loading washer so doing laundry every 3rd day like I had diapers for was ridiculous because I had to do so many loads. I also had premie prefolds but my boys were always soppy with those. Once my boys were about 8 lbs they moved to AIO Thirsties XS and BG. They have only 1 part and absorb more than Kissaluvs.

Remember that you may be a while in getting to the OS dipes. My big boy just got there and he's 4 months old. The little guy will probably be 6 mos before they fit him. The kissaluvs 0 fit but when tiny babies drink a lot so they can grow big they will soak through fast and require doublers to make it 2-3 hours. Also - you don't need many covers for tiny ones as peed in PUL covers can be wiped out and dried then reused (if you are into that).

My stash - now minimized for efficiency and a small house!

Preemie - Due date
  • 12 mommy made flannel fitteds (really preemie sized - sew NB with unwashed fabric!)
  • 12 preemie prefolds
  • 12 kissaluvs size 0
  • 4 pair wool longies - preemie sized
  • 8 covers PUL - Bummis NB, Bummis Brights NB, Thirsties XS
Used around actual due date with some from above category doubled
  • AIO: 6 XS Thirsties, 2 XS BG, 2 S Imse Vimse
  • Fitteds: 2 S Little Beetle, 1 NB Under The Nile
  • Covers: 2 pair wool longies (also used bigger woolies)
Used at 12 pounds (4 mos for mine)
  • 12 BG OS pockets (3.0 version)
  • 6 Tiny Tush Elite OS Pockets
  • 12 Infant Prefolds
  • 4 pair woolies

I still have too many diapers for my washer size but I never want to run out and sacrifice the curtains or bed sheets as diapers!!!!
twinsintennesseeforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:01 PM   #9
Outnumbered
Registered Users

My Mood:

My boys were over 7 lbs when they finally came home from the NICU. We used KL0s and nb BSWW covers. They grow incredibly fast and we were able to put them in their BG's not too long after they came home.

Come Swag with me!
Outnumbered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:02 PM   #10
Outnumbered
Registered Users

My Mood:

Oh, and we have a huge stash. Just buy some extra wet bags and expect to do your diaper laundry in two loads instead of one. We can go up to 3 days, but I don't go longer than 2.

Come Swag with me!
Outnumbered is offline   Reply With Quote