Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-11-2009, 12:53 PM   #11
babygirlsmom1005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does a preschooler(age 3.5) ride the school bus?

OK with a van and car seats, then I would allow that, as long as the seats are properly installed, not expired, and she's harnessed in every time correctly. I know here the school district doesn't have any vans like that, the have school buses (new and older ones), I guess it depends then on the school district and what they have in order for transportation.

My DD was approved within the school district for thearpy (OT and Speech) but we opted for private within the home and I believe we made the right choice for her....

I agree with a PP, as long as I'm able to take her to and from where ever, I would prefer to do it myself. We've had to delay her group thearpy while I have been on bedrest due to I cannot get out and it's a hour one way to get there. I know her insurance will provide transportation, we took it once and the carseats they had were expired and look like they had been through heck and back, not properly installed, etc.......(my surburban was in the shop at the time), I used her own seat instead and installed it myself, just seeing that scared me enough not to use them again without taking our own seat and installing it myself (and I did point out the seats in them were expired and not properly installed and the driver didn't seem to care and neither did the insruance company, heck the driver wanted her to use one of the booster seats, she's 29 lbs right now at 3.5 and 37 inches tall). Hence the reason she hasn't gone since due to me being out and DH cannot take off work 3 times a week to take her.

Advertisement

Marcie wife to Mike mom to Madeline 10/2005 , Marshall 4/2009 and surprise #3 due 9/2011
babygirlsmom1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:56 PM   #12
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My daughter did. She was 3 when she started. Though now in kindergarten she doesn't.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:56 PM   #13
bug2003
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My son did when he was going to preschool. He was going due to his developmental delay (which was really autism). He couldn't handle having me drop him off at school, but the bus ride between saying goodbye to me and getting to school helped to be okay with being at preschool.

Because he wasn't school age, they had a harness belt they attached to the bus seats so it's safer. It was also a special needs bus he rode, so there weren't a lot of older kids on there.