Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-11-2009, 07:32 PM   #11
SarahOxley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I need Advise mamas!!! *After Appointment Update*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummyof2ooo View Post
we went through the same thing a year ago. DS had an ongoing ear infection for over 3 months. He was on 4 rounds of med including a shot and nothing worked. It truly opened my eyes and I researched just how inaffective RX are for inner ear infections. I started getting him adjusted and electronic accupunture and it cleared up. I am SO thankful for our chiropractor and am just amazed and how awsome it was to see my son relived after each adjustment. We ended up seeing the ENT anyways just to get his hearing checked which came back 100% so no hearing loss from the infection. GL mama and I would truly recommend getting your ds adjusted to make sure the infection stays away.
I've thought about this but I don't know if insurance covers chiropractor. I might have to find out. Thanks for the idea.

Advertisement

Old 03-11-2009, 07:35 PM   #12
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahOxley View Post
I've thought about this but I don't know if insurance covers chiropractor. I might have to find out. Thanks for the idea.
Ours did and my hubby was a bartender for olive garden so def check into it. We just had to pay a deductible for each of us. Also an office visit for most chiro's is pretty cheap. DH was laid off so when go in it is only 35.00.. If anything maybe just go in a visit with a chiro and tell them what is going on. It is usually free for a consult they may be willing to work with you(ours does)!!
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:44 PM   #13
SarahOxley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummyof2ooo View Post
Ours did and my hubby was a bartender for olive garden so def check into it. We just had to pay a deductible for each of us. Also an office visit for most chiro's is pretty cheap. DH was laid off so when go in it is only 35.00.. If anything maybe just go in a visit with a chiro and tell them what is going on. It is usually free for a consult they may be willing to work with you(ours does)!!
I think I might do that. Plus ds has title 19 on top of regular insurance. I might call tomorrow to see what they say. I'm just worried he wouldn't do good at them (my ds not the doc haha). He's really clingy to me.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:11 PM   #14
Mama2acrew
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am so glad it went well!!! I was wondering!
Old 03-12-2009, 07:59 AM   #15
SarahOxley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I need Advise mamas!!! *Another Update*

Update. They really shocked me this time by moving so fast with it!! I thought I'd be waiting most the day to hear from them but nope. Only 30 mins after they open... I got my call yay!!
Old 03-12-2009, 05:38 PM   #16
ShyDaisi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I second the chiropractor! Especially before anything more invasive...
ShyDaisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:57 PM   #17
Oakleaf
Registered Users
Formerly: t***om
seller
seller

My Mood:

Your doc prescribed the higher dose amoxicillin to treat a more resistant infection. Doctors have treatment algorithms they follow when prescribing medications. Zithromax would be a good option if ds gets another infection.

Also, some docs have found that ear infections go away when dairy is removed from the diet.
Oakleaf is offline   Reply With Quote