Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-11-2009, 08:35 PM   #1
jennym91005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
crib to toddler bed...

the mattress is in the lowest position for the crib. how do i change it to a bed??? do i just take the side rail off? can i lower the mattress more when its a toddler bed? any help would be great. thanks, jen

Advertisement

Old 03-12-2009, 09:12 AM   #2
smashncakes
Registered Users
Formerly: bren***this
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: crib to toddler bed...

It probably just depends on the brand you have...we have this one...well, similar to this, different colors and one of our kiddo's cribs was a 3-in-1, it didn't have the "daybed" option, other kid's crib was a 4-in-1 and did have that option. The 3-in-1 came with wood toddler rails and the 4-in-1 came with metal rails (which I think are totally ugly BTW lol). You take the moving side off, remove the little clippy things that hold it up/down, make sure the mattress is in the lowest position (or maybe it lets you move it down a little bit more, but its not much), then just attach the rails that came with the bed to make it a toddler bed. Doesn't take much time...the only thing I don't like is where the rails are on both of ours because they are on the very ends (like most toddler beds, I suppose) and both of my kiddos were pros at flopping themselves out even with those rails on. Heck, we put one of the big rails on my son's toddler bed in between the toddler rails and he STILL managed to flop himself out on a frequent basis...he's quite the squirmy sleeper