Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-11-2009, 11:45 PM   #1
luvingmamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Nb overload?

Anyone collect things little by little not realize what you have-
then do inventory of your nb/small stash and go ":WHAT!!!!"

I went WAY overboard- I will have to unload.....I can post a list but Damn it's big....

Anyone else do that?

I collected some before I was even prego- than i collected some after prego- than i would see this diaper that was cute- those prefolds that looked nice and now I am thinking- THERE IS NOWAY I need all that(ERR baby needs all that).......

Am I the only overshopper for small sizes??? I get all conservative w/mediums/larges and only have what we need lol.... I'm weird I guess!

I am thinking I should thin it out- like now- before their used but I just can't bring myself to part with anything in particular-

Advertisement

I have quite a few "Good" quality Large or one size Diapers I am parting ways with... If you are looking for cheap used diapers sbees,hh, bb, and more pm me and i will make you a list! I still have some newborn/smalls left in GREAT condition too! We are homeschooling, natural birthing, extended nursing, baby wearing, co-sleeping family with FIVE BOYS.... who thinks all families are attached whether they do these things or not
luvingmamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:51 PM   #2
Monkeytaylz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nb overload?

LOL..yep, I was just thinking that today!! Ever since I found out I was having a boy, I went a bit FSOT crazy...now I am wondering what was I thinking???? I was planning on making the whole stash....but those adorable litle dipes out there are soooo cute!!!! I got 3 nb Nanipoos from her hc cart...and a bunch more on fsot...and some Mutts, and some one sized dipes..and some pockets....and covers....and then today my dd brought over a bunch of small covers my granddaugher outgrew..I think I need to really take inventory!!
Monkeytaylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:20 AM   #3
erin_brycesmom
Registered Users
seller

I think I might be over doing it with my newborn stash but I also don't know what is going to work so I'd rather have too much than too little. I figure I can sell what we don't use. I know I'll loose money but I'd rather be prepared. I'm having so much fun building this baby's stash.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:33 AM   #4
Lauren
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Me!!! I counted the other day and I think I have around 50 nb size dipes! And DS1 was 8lbs7oz sooo....
Oliver Ethan born 3rd July, 2009
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:06 AM   #5
emcamm
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd keep them all just because you never know what's going to work for your LO. I'm about 3-4 months from even ttc and I'm eyeing soooo many NB dipes already. They are just too cute.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:03 PM   #6
jackjack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I only have about 20 NB fitteds and 18 NB PF's so I feel like I'm okay in the diaper dpt, but I think I went overboard on the wool longies. I'm due in May and I have about 6 prs of longies. I know he probably won't get to wear them very long, but they are so dang cute.
jackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:11 PM   #7
EmmaLaurel
Registered Users
seller

So funny, I was just thinking about this... due next Friday with our first LO (yay, finally really close!!!) and I have what I think is a pretty good, pretty streamlined nb stash - 37 BG AIO xs, HH xs, pfs, BSWW covers. But I am already thinking about the next size up - smalls, I guess? - and what I should get! I want to try some fitteds, some different pockets, some WAHM dipes, some OS, some other AIOs, etc... but maybe that will be too complicated? Maybe I should just invest in a stash of OS dipes? I don't know... Worried the DH would rebel against dealing with a dozen different types of CDs.

At any rate, I could spend a bunch of time/dough building an unnecessarily large small stash before we ever get to the med/large sizes... Don't know what to do!!!!
EmmaLaurel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:26 PM   #8
Missy_wpg
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did that but not with diapers. I bought so many baby clothes when I was pregnant and then when I pulled out what I had saved from my 4 y/o .... well I didn't think I had saved that much.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:33 PM   #9
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

LOL! This is exactly what I'm trying to avoid! This is our 1st boy and all we have is pink, pink, pink. So, I have a lot of shopping to do.

I'm trying to be VERY carefuly about how much I get. I want to have a decent rotation, but not a crazy overload amount. I love wool and am going to try to buy very few "commercial" outfits and try to just have a wool wardrobe for him. I've been at the mall and looking, but haven't had a huge interest in buying anything yet. A lot of it is b/c most nb/small clothes have onesie bottoms which I can't do with fitteds. I actually need to do a little count of what I have or what I want to get in regards to longies and see what I can buy.

I have been accumulating a lot of gorgeous yarn, but I'm having a hard time decided what size to have it knit up into.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:16 PM   #10
honeybunmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren View Post
Me!!! I counted the other day and I think I have around 50 nb size dipes! And DS1 was 8lbs7oz sooo....
Except my first was 9lbs even! And was a girl! Who knows what this boy will weigh. He's my first, last and only cd'd from birth baby. With my first pregnancy, I splurged on me and my maternity wardrobe. With this pregnancy, I splurged on diapers and wool (for me to knit), although I did buy a few pieces already knit up. And if someone else hadn't have gotten the Pure set from Inspired yesterday, I'd have added that one to baby boy's Adored set!